No announcement yet.

Proving Ground (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The episode was good - BUT IT DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE. There was no significent importance at all. The story was just st00pid.
    Sure it was entertaining, but it didn't affect anything. No one learned anything from anyone!!!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
      Ok. I have noticed that Stargate keeps very close to accuracy in its episodes but in this one, they failed it twice. And I just want to know if anyone else noticed it.

Firstly, the over analyzing Luitenant Elliot didn't even notice these things which was surprising. If it was Goa'uld Nano Technology and Carter cannot get affected, then how did Teal'c did? Why did they think he was influenced as well?
      I noticed that, it really bugged me. Though I guess that might be one fo the reason Jack thought he knew it was training not real life.

And secondly, when the bomb was about to blow off in the office, the trainee girl (don't remember her name) ran back to pull Daniel inside the room when he was halfway in. Yet, the trainee forgot all the other SF including Teal'c who was more closer to the C4. I mean shouldn't they have cleared the others off from the bomb damage as well?? Or was it another personal decision by that girl??
      That because Teal'c and the SF weren't a hot doctor

I really liked her crush on Daniel. I mean he's a great guy I can see many people on the base having a thing for him. It was so cute when she was in his lab, the look of wonder and bliss on her face. She looked like she was in heven Then the cute little hand pushing when he said thanks for saving him. The biggest smile on her face made me smile

Originally posted by I'm Just Sayin' View Post
      Am I the only one who can't watch this episode without thinking "There's a cyclon at the SGC!" ???
      Yes I did! I love Grace Park!

I loved Daniel and Teal'c Hammond's Office Teal'c missing around with the magnifying glass and Daniel comment on the chair.

Quote:
      Spoiler:
      DANIEL: You know, I have to tell you, I like this scenario way better than the last one. Have you ever tried this chair, this is like, really comfortable.
      TEAL'C: Indeed I have not.
      The phone rings.
      DANIEL: Hello.
      O'NEILL: Have fun Daniel.
      DANIEL: Yeah, you did tell them to take me prisoner this time and not shoot me, right? Right?
      Jack just puts the phone down.
      DANIEL: Hello?

And Sam and Jack eating jello. Jack just wanted to be a gumpy pants
      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen View Post
        I agree. I think it was pretty obvious that it was another training especially after they screwed the first one... still, Jack played his part pretty convincing. But I liked this episode, not my favourite in season 5 but still, I think it was interesting to see how they pick the new SG-Team members. Also liked to see Hailey again.
        That it was. Also did anyone else when you watched season 9 and 10, look back to this one and think that the cadet getting all the 'jip' from Jack looks like a young mitchell??

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak View Post
        I agree, but now he's dead. Oh, well.
        When did he die??

By the way. Besides this ep, and scortched earth. Have they ever had any other Battle star galactica actors on the show?

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of this episode mostly because I didn't like Elliot or Hailey. To tell you the truth they bugged the crap out of me, they should have made Grogan and Satterfield the main trainees instead. As for the episode itself, was it just me or was the whole thing kind of obvious? How could Hailey be so stupid that she would fire on SGC personnel with what she thought was live ammunition.
          sigpic

Comment

It could have done without the whole twist after twist after twist thing.

Comment

And secondly, when the bomb was about to blow off in the office, the trainee girl (don't remember her name) ran back to pull Daniel inside the room when he was halfway in. Yet, the trainee forgot all the other SF including Teal'c who was more closer to the C4. I mean shouldn't they have cleared the others off from the bomb damage as well?? Or was it another personal decision by that girl??
              I know this is an old post, but here's my guess. She knew she wouldn't have time to get in cover if she tried to rescue the others, since they were in the middle of the room. Daniel was in the doorway, so there was enough time to get him into cover.

Comment

You know, there was a glaring mistake in this episode. Lt Hayley said she knew Carter wouldn't be affected, due to the goa'uld marker left in her blood.
                But O'neill, Daniel, teal'c and Dr fraiser were all injected with the marker, to remove machello's goa'uld killing worm, thing.

Surely then, for the sake of the exercise the whole of SG1 would not have been under the devices effect, or carter would have been. Once again, O'neill failed to check the scenario!

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                  You know, there was a glaring mistake in this episode. Lt Hayley said she knew Carter wouldn't be affected, due to the goa'uld marker left in her blood.
                  But O'neill, Daniel, teal'c and Dr fraiser were all injected with the marker, to remove machello's goa'uld killing worm, thing.

Surely then, for the sake of the exercise the whole of SG1 would not have been under the devices effect, or carter would have been. Once again, O'neill failed to check the scenario!
                  that isn't exactly a glarring mistake, a glarring mistake is the car in the background of "prodigy".

but this is one of my favourite episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us View Post
                    Grogan appeared again in Sentinel as a member of SG-9. The others never reappeared.
                    Elliot actually had sort of a big role in the two-parter "Summit" / "Last Stand".
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                      Daniel was never injected with the marker, his goa'uld killing worm thing went into teal'c.

I've read in other places that the markers injected into the other members of the team were temporary only, possibly because they never actually hosted a symbiote.

Comment

This was a nice little episode. It was good to see how they trained new SGC cadets. Jack was very convincing in his role in the exercise.
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

My brother loves this episode.

Comment

Pretty good episode, not really of the best but not one of the worst either.

Comment

I really loved this episode. At first I believed it was a drill, then i thought, no maybe its not a drill, then i thought maybe it is and so on. I kept on thinking it was over and that girl from prodigy wasn't in on it. I loved how passionate the newbies were. and I loved that girl that saved Daniel even though she didnt need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Octrackiepacsg1 View Post
                                I really loved this episode. At first I believed it was a drill, then i thought, no maybe its not a drill, then i thought maybe it is and so on. I kept on thinking it was over and that girl from prodigy wasn't in on it. I loved how passionate the newbies were. and I loved that girl that saved Daniel even though she didnt need to.
                                This episode doesn't really make sense to me. Why would the Airforce want crappy straight out of the Academy 2Lts. rather than battle tested veterans of AFSOC Special Tactics like O'Neill?
                                sigpic
                                In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                                "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X