Proving Ground (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
    Just watched this episode, and loved it! I was definitely fooled in the end where Hailey is trying to shut down the gate. Loved Daniel's chair comment, but the best line was Hailey saying "You can put me down now hero!"

I was kinda hoping that a few of the lt. would be on a team together, because they really worked well together, but I understand that they need to be paired up with more experienced team members.

I wish that the writers would bring back some of these characters again!

This was one of my favorite episodes. Out of those four characters we see three of them in two different episodes. Hailey was in Prodgy, which took place the season before. Grogan was in Sentinal, and Elliot, -who I think is just adorible- was in Summit. Lt. Satterfield was never seen again, however the actress currently plays Sharon in BSG.

I would love to see anyone of them in another episode. However due to the fact that
    Spoiler:
    Elliot dies in Last Stand, the second part of Summit, we'll never see him again. I really liked his character, and think he would have made a great addition to SG1 in season eight... oh well.

Comment

I wonder why they killed him off?
      sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode. it was nice to see some new faces. i liked all the new people, and it would be nice to see them in some newer episodes of stargate. there are some great funny moments too. and i liked the scene between jack and sam in the canteen. good episode.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
          I wonder why they killed him off?
          My guess, ratings. Though he was my favorite minor character. He had everything, smarts, good looks-such a great smile-, a heroic disposition, plus he was under thirty. If they wanted a character to fulfill my demographics fancy then it would have been him.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
            Either way, she's played by Grace Park, who plays Boomer on Battlestar Galactica.
            Am I the only one who can't watch this episode without thinking "There's a cyclon at the SGC!" ???

~I'm Just Sayin'~

Comment

Possibly, given that this ep predates BSG!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Cyclon?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                  Cyclon?
                  Oops, typo. I meant cylon.

~I'm Just Sayin'~

Comment

Haha sorry cylon? what is that?
                    sigpic

Comment

The badguys in Battlestar Galactica
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

O OK ya I never have gotten into that show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok. I have noticed that Stargate keeps very close to accuracy in its episodes but in this one, they failed it twice. And I just want to know if anyone else noticed it.

Firstly, the over analyzing Luitenant Elliot didn't even notice these things which was surprising. If it was Goa'uld Nano Technology and Carter cannot get affected, then how did Teal'c did? Why did they think he was influenced as well?

And secondly, when the bomb was about to blow off in the office, the trainee girl (don't remember her name) ran back to pull Daniel inside the room when he was halfway in. Yet, the trainee forgot all the other SF including Teal'c who was more closer to the C4. I mean shouldn't they have cleared the others off from the bomb damage as well?? Or was it another personal decision by that girl??

Sadly they never brought those issues into focus. Mistakes in training I guess.

Comment

Firstly, I definitely noticed that too. I think Elliot may have noticed, but just played along. It was really too obvious to miss.

Secondly, the girl (Satterfield?) was definitely making another personal decision to save the hottie. This time, no one called her out on it, although I think they should have. She shouldn't be making decisions based on who she thinks is cutest.
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              Firstly, I definitely noticed that too. I think Elliot may have noticed, but just played along. It was really too obvious to miss.

Secondly, the girl (Satterfield?) was definitely making another personal decision to save the hottie. This time, no one called her out on it, although I think they should have. She shouldn't be making decisions based on who she thinks is cutest.
                              I thought Elliot would have noticed it too. But he never showed any signs to it. I assumed he knew it was a test after Jack being exposed or them being called off from the gate. But not before. I didn't even suspect it in the beginning.

By the way, what happened to them after the training? We only saw Elliot and he died. What about the rest??

Comment

Grogan appeared again in Sentinel as a member of SG-9. The others never reappeared.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X