Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Proving Ground (513)

Possibly, given that this ep predates BSG!

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Proving Ground (513)

Cyclon?

Second Lieutenant I'm Just Sayin''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake
    Cyclon?
    Oops, typo. I meant cylon.

Haha sorry cylon? what is that?

The badguys in Battlestar Galactica

O OK ya I never have gotten into that show.

Ok. I have noticed that Stargate keeps very close to accuracy in its episodes but in this one, they failed it twice. And I just want to know if anyone else noticed it.

Firstly, the over analyzing Luitenant Elliot didn't even notice these things which was surprising. If it was Goa'uld Nano Technology and Carter cannot get affected, then how did Teal'c did? Why did they think he was influenced as well?

And secondly, when the bomb was about to blow off in the office, the trainee girl (don't remember her name) ran back to pull Daniel inside the room when he was halfway in. Yet, the trainee forgot all the other SF including Teal'c who was more closer to the C4. I mean shouldn't they have cleared the others off from the bomb damage as well?? Or was it another personal decision by that girl??

Sadly they never brought those issues into focus. Mistakes in training I guess.

Firstly, I definitely noticed that too. I think Elliot may have noticed, but just played along. It was really too obvious to miss.

Secondly, the girl (Satterfield?) was definitely making another personal decision to save the hottie. This time, no one called her out on it, although I think they should have. She shouldn't be making decisions based on who she thinks is cutest.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Quote Originally Posted by cafine_us
    Firstly, I definitely noticed that too. I think Elliot may have noticed, but just played along. It was really too obvious to miss.

Secondly, the girl (Satterfield?) was definitely making another personal decision to save the hottie. This time, no one called her out on it, although I think they should have. She shouldn't be making decisions based on who she thinks is cutest.
    I thought Elliot would have noticed it too. But he never showed any signs to it. I assumed he knew it was a test after Jack being exposed or them being called off from the gate. But not before. I didn't even suspect it in the beginning.

By the way, what happened to them after the training? We only saw Elliot and he died. What about the rest??

Grogan appeared again in Sentinel as a member of SG-9. The others never reappeared.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

The episode was good - BUT IT DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE. There was no significent importance at all. The story was just st00pid.
    Sure it was entertaining, but it didn't affect anything. No one learned anything from anyone!!!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Second Lieutenant angelfire east's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ok. I have noticed that Stargate keeps very close to accuracy in its episodes but in this one, they failed it twice. And I just want to know if anyone else noticed it.

Firstly, the over analyzing Luitenant Elliot didn't even notice these things which was surprising. If it was Goa'uld Nano Technology and Carter cannot get affected, then how did Teal'c did? Why did they think he was influenced as well?
    I noticed that, it really bugged me. Though I guess that might be one fo the reason Jack thought he knew it was training not real life.

And secondly, when the bomb was about to blow off in the office, the trainee girl (don't remember her name) ran back to pull Daniel inside the room when he was halfway in. Yet, the trainee forgot all the other SF including Teal'c who was more closer to the C4. I mean shouldn't they have cleared the others off from the bomb damage as well?? Or was it another personal decision by that girl??
    That because Teal'c and the SF weren't a hot doctor

I really liked her crush on Daniel. I mean he's a great guy I can see many people on the base having a thing for him. It was so cute when she was in his lab, the look of wonder and bliss on her face. She looked like she was in heven Then the cute little hand pushing when he said thanks for saving him. The biggest smile on her face made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Just Sayin' View Post
    Am I the only one who can't watch this episode without thinking "There's a cyclon at the SGC!" ???
    Yes I did! I love Grace Park!

I loved Daniel and Teal'c Hammond's Office Teal'c missing around with the magnifying glass and Daniel comment on the chair.

Quote:
    Spoiler:
    DANIEL: You know, I have to tell you, I like this scenario way better than the last one. Have you ever tried this chair, this is like, really comfortable.
    TEAL'C: Indeed I have not.
    The phone rings.
    DANIEL: Hello.
    O'NEILL: Have fun Daniel.
    DANIEL: Yeah, you did tell them to take me prisoner this time and not shoot me, right? Right?
    Jack just puts the phone down.
    DANIEL: Hello?

And Sam and Jack eating jello. Jack just wanted to be a gumpy pants
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7896/bannercopyt.jpg

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Dramaqueen View Post
    I agree. I think it was pretty obvious that it was another training especially after they screwed the first one... still, Jack played his part pretty convincing. But I liked this episode, not my favourite in season 5 but still, I think it was interesting to see how they pick the new SG-Team members. Also liked to see Hailey again.
    That it was. Also did anyone else when you watched season 9 and 10, look back to this one and think that the cadet getting all the 'jip' from Jack looks like a young mitchell??

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Pasternak View Post
    I agree, but now he's dead. Oh, well.
    When did he die??

By the way. Besides this ep, and scortched earth. Have they ever had any other Battle star galactica actors on the show?

Arrow2 Re: Proving Ground (513)

I wasn't a big fan of this episode mostly because I didn't like Elliot or Hailey. To tell you the truth they bugged the crap out of me, they should have made Grogan and Satterfield the main trainees instead. As for the episode itself, was it just me or was the whole thing kind of obvious? How could Hailey be so stupid that she would fire on SGC personnel with what she thought was live ammunition.

It could have done without the whole twist after twist after twist thing.

I know this is an old post, but here's my guess. She knew she wouldn't have time to get in cover if she tried to rescue the others, since they were in the middle of the room. Daniel was in the doorway, so there was enough time to get him into cover.

You know, there was a glaring mistake in this episode. Lt Hayley said she knew Carter wouldn't be affected, due to the goa'uld marker left in her blood.
    But O'neill, Daniel, teal'c and Dr fraiser were all injected with the marker, to remove machello's goa'uld killing worm, thing.

Surely then, for the sake of the exercise the whole of SG1 would not have been under the devices effect, or carter would have been. Once again, O'neill failed to check the scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by Automission View Post
    You know, there was a glaring mistake in this episode. Lt Hayley said she knew Carter wouldn't be affected, due to the goa'uld marker left in her blood.
    But O'neill, Daniel, teal'c and Dr fraiser were all injected with the marker, to remove machello's goa'uld killing worm, thing.

Surely then, for the sake of the exercise the whole of SG1 would not have been under the devices effect, or carter would have been. Once again, O'neill failed to check the scenario!
    that isn't exactly a glarring mistake, a glarring mistake is the car in the background of "prodigy".

but this is one of my favourite episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by cafine_us View Post
    Grogan appeared again in Sentinel as a member of SG-9. The others never reappeared.
    Elliot actually had sort of a big role in the two-parter "Summit" / "Last Stand".

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Quote Originally Posted by Automission View Post
    Daniel was never injected with the marker, his goa'uld killing worm thing went into teal'c.

I've read in other places that the markers injected into the other members of the team were temporary only, possibly because they never actually hosted a symbiote.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast