Hey, folks! Just wanted to show you what I've been up to. I realize not a lot of people here are into Star Trek modeling like I am but I just thought I'd share.
This is the Klingon D-7 by Polar Lights. I've been trying to attack the seams with a passion. There's still some red left over from the putty which is, I guess normal.
This one is where the pylon meets the hull. There was a significant gap there so I puttied it twice and when that was smooth, I applied the semi-thick (not too liquid) Testors' glue from the black hypo tube and applied it to the seam and spread it like butter. I let that dry for a day or so and then sanded it smooth. The fingernail test proves that there's no seam left.
The other side
This is where I've run into trouble in the past. It's the ribbed part that goes on the aft end of the underside of the boom. When I tried gluing it in the past, some glue oozed out of the seam and I found it hard to get it smooth and clean it up. I took a dab or putty on the end of my pointed putty spatula and applied it to the seam. I then took my finger and smeared it across the seam. It took some doing but I managed to get a decent seamless seam there.
Hopefully, this'll show that I puttied the inside of the torpedo tube and sanded it smooth with a tightly coiled band of sandpaper and sanded it smooth not unlike how someone might clean their ears with a q-tip. There is a visible line going along the seam of the boom but I can assure you there's no seam there and it's perfectly.