No announcement yet.

Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ease of their interaction speaks a lot to the mutual respect that exists between the two of them. The long-suffering demeanor Sam takes on every now and then makes me think that they've known each other for a while before they even started working together.

The lack of tension between them definitely eased Browder's transition into Jack's role. Made it a little bit easier to bear...

Comment

OMG you've no idea how happy this makes me that there's a Cam/Sam shipper/discussion thread, I LOVE these two. And I totally ship them. I don't know if I'm the only one but I don't ship Jack/Sam, never have and I'm not keen on them, individually however I love them, and I love them as friends, but nothing more, and before anyone says. I'm not saying there isn't anything there between them, even I can acknowledge there is, I just don't ship them, never have.

I dunno what it is, but they just don't seem compatible to me, Jack/Sam, but that's just my opinion. Cam and Sam, in the scenes between them that we saw in S9 and 10, I just loved their friendship and comraderie (yeah I know, it's spelled wrong, leave me alone haha) I think they would be great together. Obviously it won't ever happen because the show has finished, but that's the beauty of fanfiction, and I may write some Cam/Sam myself.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      can someone rec some sam/mitchell stories?
      You should totally check out the Cam/Sam series on ff.net by Alveric, it's absolutely brilliant, gets a little confusing because it has different realities in the chapters and stuff, but it is really good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2249270/Alveric

The first in the series is The Times That Weren't and the current last one is The Patience of Kings, but I believe he/she is writing another one to follow on from that one.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
        I was disturbed to realize that I could get behind this couple!
        At first I was annoyed that it seemed like they were trying to pair Sam up with the lead character *again* but I have come to appreciate their friendship and camaraderie. I think it makes Sam loosen up a bit at work and that's not a bad thing since Janet is no longer around.
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I've been recently re-watching Seasons 9 and 10 on Cable TV in the afternoon and I'm warming more and more to the Sam/Cam friendship and even now reading Sam/Cam fic...I think Amanda and Ben worked really well together, having a very natural and fun time together...it comes across in Ark of Truth very well too....

Love the pairing more and more as time progresses...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I really have come to love this pairing so much, mostly for their friendship (though I'm not denying they'd look pretty good together in other ways... ). I love that Amanda and Ben decided that Sam and Cam have been friends since the Academy and play their scenes together with that in mind, it gives them a different kind of friendship to the ones we're used to seeing between Sam and Daniel or Sam and Janet. It's quite refreshing

The fanfic that really sealed the deal for me on this pairing is Recovering the Satellites by synecdochic. It gives 5 snapshots of their friendship over the years, set between 1991 and 2006, and is really very believable as to how the two of them may have kept in touch over the years and met up every now and then (I especially love her take on them meeting up sround the time of Cam's 302 training).

I highly recommend it, even if you're not that into Sam/Cam - you will be after reading that!
            sigpic
            Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

^ I started reading this but haven't finished yet, will have to finish it, because what I'd read so far was brilliant.
              sigpic
              McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
              Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Honestly in the beginning I didn't really care much for Sam & Cameron as a potential couple, although I did still liked them together more than Sam & O'Neill, but recently I have been re-watching SG-1 and the more I watch it the more I start to ship Sam and Cam more and more! I love their relationship so much, although their relationship was not a romantic one, but I love their friendship and partnership, they have so much mutual respect for each other and they worked so well together and they always were so supportive of each other and always had each other's backs I also noticed that Sam seemed so much more comfortable and relaxed around Cam compared to when she was with O'Neill, she always seemed more tense and uptight around O'Neill, maybe it's because O'Neill was her superior so her demeanour around him was always more professional and respective of his higher rank. But Cam wasn't her superior, they both have the same rank, he was more like Sam's equal and they were partners and co-leaders of the team, so understandably Sam felt more relaxed and comfortable around him, and I think their interactions were more natural, they even bantered sometimes, they understood each other and supported each other so much which is why they worked so well together, it's so obvious they cared about each other very much

Anyway this scene of Sam giving Cam her macaroons and then kissing him on the cheek is still one of my favourite scenes with them
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxgj_pnd1U8

I have to admit I ship Sam & Cam together so much now, after Martouf, Cam is my second fav choice for Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X