• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 512

An alien ship approaches Earth, sending SG-1 to an old friend for some answers -- where they discover that Martin Lloyd has created a TV show about the Stargate program.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:44 PM.

This episode isn't half bad if you put the audio commentaries on to explain what all the jokes are (assuming you're watching the DVD ) otherwise It's probably my least favorite episode of the show.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      This episode isn't half bad if you put the audio commentaries on to explain what all the jokes are (assuming you're watching the DVD ) otherwise It's probably my least favorite episode of the show.
      Mr.MC enjoyed this ep a lot more after I managed to explain some of the in-jokes. I don't have the DVD and don't intend to buy - and to be honest I find it a tad galling that what is supposed to be a humorous ep only achieves its impact if you fork out for the extra info.

Although anything where Teal'c is Murray will get me watching. I love him.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

When you buy the DVD Box Set you automatically get it Besides I liked the other three episodes on that DVD.
        ~BCM =)

Comment

Yes I know, but I have no intention of buying the boxed sets of any seasons. Well, maybe sometime in the future i'll fork out for 1-4, but after that the ratio of good/indifferent eps (imo) is too high.

Anyway... I do enjoy Wormhole X-treme, I just think it's a shame that they didn't do something like The Lowdown at that time to explain a bit.

What I really do like about the ep is the interviews at the end with the actors.

sigpic

Comment

That's interesting, because that part felt like filler to me. To each his/her own I guess.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

I thought that this episode was great even without the audio commentary! I loved every second of it...one of my favourites of Season 5 too.

Looking forward to the Audio Commentary on the DVD too. Getting that soon.
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I hate this episode. Maybe even more than I hate Grace, and that's saying a lot.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

The end bits the funnyist.

Danner: Actually it does say Colonel on my uniform....hang on it doesn't.
                  Last edited by Crazedwraith; 02 May 2004, 11:27 AM. Reason: Typo
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    I hate this episode. Maybe even more than I hate Grace, and that's saying a lot.
                    wow! I didn't actually think it was possible to have an ep worse than Grace (IMO)

sigpic

Comment

You know, I kind of go back and forth in my mind about which is worse. I think if Grace didn't actually involve a character I thought I knew, I could definitely say Wormhole X-Treme was worse.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I like this episode. The scenes within the studio realm were extremely funny. However, the storyline dealing with the returning ship for Marty and the aliens, and the NID tracking them was only so-so.

Comment

But Wormhole X-treme has some excellent moments. As someone once said (about Wagner?) but an extremely bad half hour (to paraphrase)

I loved the little thing at the end with the aliens getting away - showing that they really weren't bad guys, just looking out for themselves. Some of the little jokes were really funny (spray painting the kiwifruit, for example) but they could have made more, IMO, of things that sci-fi fans say about shows.

For example: they did make the "why don't I fall through the floor" comment, but they could have added a "why do they all speak English" comment, maybe added some red shirts, etc etc.

Maybe I'm just picky because I'm annoyed at so many in jokes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            wow! I didn't actually think it was possible to have an ep worse than Grace (IMO)
                            Hey, I loved "Grace"! I guess you don't like mushy stuff.

Regarding Wormhole Extreme: The first time I saw it, I thought it was an embarrassment. Now that I get the jokes, I think it's hysterical!

It was odd that the show was really written for insiders.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I think they were trying to share some of what they do on set with the audience, but to me it felt like I was watching something in a foriegn laguage with out the translation.

If you don't understand why something is funny... it's not.

So the show fell very flat for me, and while I can appreiciate the humor in it more now then I could before I should not have *had* to watch the DVD commentaires to 'get it' IMO.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                              X