Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smegger56
    So, Angel beats the hell out of both of thewm... IMO
    Angel rocked! but i didn't like the last season.... scratch that, everything before the Beast and Cordy turning Evil was good.... Charisma Carpenter's role last saeson was ok... i mean im glad to see her back on tv and whatnot, and i'm glad she grew her hair out again... but her role as seer was a bit lacking....
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
      Angel rocked! but i didn't like the last season.... scratch that, everything before the Beast and Cordy turning Evil was good.... Charisma Carpenter's role last saeson was ok... i mean im glad to see her back on tv and whatnot, and i'm glad she grew her hair out again... but her role as seer was a bit lacking....
      Amen to that. I kept hearing all these critcs saying how the last season was the best and it was so great yadda yadda but it wasn't. It was boring and weakly plotted and just as things were looking up with Illyria, they rushed the ending to the series with tie ups that were poorly put together, completely unsatisfying, and showed all the signs of being a rush job.

But since this thread is about Charmed... this season is actually better than the previous ones so far if only because they've avoided plots centered around costumes... amazon costume, mermaid costume, Sari costume, red, black, and pink vinyl superhero costumes....

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

well, for the interest of posterity, the Sari and Cufni pyjama costumes Piper and Loe wore were culturally accurate.... well the Sari was a bit Americanized, but that's how americans imagine saris

The Amazon costume was just downright disgraceful... these women are warriors, not tramps....
        sigpic

Comment

The Amazon costume was just downright disgraceful... these women are warriors, not tramps....
          The person(s) who is in charge of wardrobes must be someone who is in charge of Pheobe's clothing, heh...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Earlier...I made a comment about this season reeking of personal gain. I mean come on...they went into hiding using magic. How much more personal gain can you get?
            sigpic

Comment

That episode with the Amazons was pretty good. I enjoy watching the women in those outfits.
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                Earlier...I made a comment about this season reeking of personal gain. I mean come on...they went into hiding using magic. How much more personal gain can you get?
                Although i think i've said this before (probably not in this thread at least) but back in season 1, when good ole Prue was still alive and kicking ( miss those days), she used her powers to clean the attic, which rang a freaking gong 'personal gain alert'.

Wouldn't almost all those times Piper froze 'non supernatural' things be personal gain as well? Ok, i understand most of those were reflex's, but there were plenty of times when she did it purposely and knew exactly what she was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                  Although i think i've said this before (probably not in this thread at least) but back in season 1, when good ole Prue was still alive and kicking ( miss those days), she used her powers to clean the attic, which rang a freaking gong 'personal gain alert'.

Wouldn't almost all those times Piper froze 'non supernatural' things be personal gain as well? Ok, i understand most of those were reflex's, but there were plenty of times when she did it purposely and knew exactly what she was doing.
                  This is true. Like the episode where Leo tells her that its ok to freeze him for her personal pleasure...but it wasn't ok to freeze his whitelighter friend? LOL.

I miss Prue as well. I wish Shannen would come back for at least ONE episode before the show goes away. I think it would be one of their highest ratings to have Shannen back...even if it was just in ghost form.
                  sigpic

Comment

i think the whole personal gain thing is for the big stuff, like no creating money or trying to take over the world.....
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked the character or Prue, I just have never been a fan on Shannon Doherty.

Pay it forward

Comment

i think the whole personal gain thing is for the big stuff, like no creating money or trying to take over the world.....
                        They specifically took note of that back in S2 episode 2 (Morality Bites) i think thats the episode. The theme brought up by the end of the episode is that its not good for any kind of personal gain use, big or little, because if they do little things, it will lead them to doing bigger things. Its pretty similar to that 'lie' principle, if you can lie about something little or stupid, what will make people believe that you will not lie about bigger and more important things.

Originally posted by skritsys
                        I liked the character or Prue, I just have never been a fan on Shannon Doherty.
                        I am not that big of a fan of her either, but her presence in the show was not filled correctly, actually making me miss her. haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                          They specifically took note of that back in S2 episode 2 (Morality Bites) i think thats the episode. The theme brought up by the end of the episode is that its not good for any kind of personal gain use, big or little, because if they do little things, it will lead them to doing bigger things. Its pretty similar to that 'lie' principle, if you can lie about something little or stupid, what will make people believe that you will not lie about bigger and more important things.

I am not that big of a fan of her either, but her presence in the show was not filled correctly, actually making me miss her. haha...

That's what I mean. They changed their appearances, faked their deaths, etc. So, I wonder how they get past the personal gain thing? Also...if the Elders are these supreme beigns (or some form thereof) how do they not know that the Charmed Ones were still alive?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                            That's what I mean. They changed their appearances, faked their deaths, etc. So, I wonder how they get past the personal gain thing? Also...if the Elders are these supreme beigns (or some form thereof) how do they not know that the Charmed Ones were still alive?
                            (sarcasm)What are elders? Oh!! Those annoying people have a hidden agenda to make sure no one is stronger than they are.(/sarcasm)

I was wondering about that too, but i guess its one of those things the writers never think about because it would make the show 'too complicated'.

Comment

Charmed is nowhere near as fabulous as Buffy, "Once More With Feeling" is fantastic, still I love Charmed, especially Holly Marie Combs.

Comment

Piper has got to be the best thing on the show, her and Leo totally make it a show worth watching. My wife and I watch the show every day.

Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X