Charmed : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177
    This may sound Sexist but personally I enjoy them wearing very little.......... I know, I know I'm sexist pig. But I wouldn't exactly call Piper Sane. Totally and completely Wacko maybe.
    Of course you do... I wouldn't call it sexist so much as normal. I wouldn't care much if any of it were were at least situation appropriate but no one can convince me that a back baring, midriff showing, cleavage revealing top is acceptable workplace attire....especially when everyone else is wearing a suit.

Besides, it doesn't seem to help any. All that bare skin and Demons still throw fireballs at them...they don't even pause to ogle.

Well Piper used to be saner but now she's permanently pissed off. Ironically that still makes her saner than the other two ( because at least that's an understandable emotion) which only proves that they're missing more than a few brain cells. Since when is Phoebe's love life more important than the lives of innocent people being killed by demons that they're supposed to be fighting?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

My wife and I just bought season 2 on DVD...I cannot wait for the rest.
      The power of three saved my marriage!
      Cole has to be the best character on the show, IMO of course.
      I would love to see Leo get his powers back though, and Phoebe to not be so worried about her love life.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
        My wife and I just bought season 2 on DVD...I cannot wait for the rest.
        The power of three saved my marriage!
        Cole has to be the best character on the show, IMO of course.
        I would love to see Leo get his powers back though, and Phoebe to not be so worried about her love life.
        Yes...Phoebe not being on "baby quest" would be excellent! I would honestly like Phoebe to get all of her powers back! Her power of empathy was awesome! I loved it when she would channel a demon's power! It made her really kick a$$ IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

At least Phoebe still knows her martial arts and she can still kick some a$$.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Besides, it doesn't seem to help any. All that bare skin and Demons still throw fireballs at them...they don't even pause to ogle.
            lol!

but yea... sometimes they do dress a little slutty....

Piper has always been the sane one... Leo even says that's why she was given Demeter's powers when they were turned into gods (can't remember the epi ><).....

and Leo is the guiding force for the sisters.... they couldn't even function in the aformentioned epi cause leo wasn't there to support them.... just cause he no longer has powers, doesn't mean his role in the sisters's lives has changed... now i agree, it's no fun now that he's mortal, but remember it was his choice to clip his wings when he fell out of grace... we just need to accept our loses and hope paige finds a responsible magic user ((Pheobe's been spurned my Cole one too many times to look for another magic user to hook up with, and although Paige's relationship with Richard didn't exactly work out, there's still hope for her....))
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
              At least Phoebe still knows her martial arts and she can still kick some a$$.
              This is true...but it was probably easier to do her martial arts when she had the power of levitation. And I still say that the empathy power was cool.
              sigpic

Comment

Hopefully TPTB will bring her powers back, it gets kind of predictable every time they strip away their powers.

Pay it forward

Comment

well, it'll definately be gradual, but i hope she gets some new kickass power.... atleast one of them needs to get a new power, active or not....
                  I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                  sigpic

Comment

I actually forgot Phoebe had powers; they were good ones too. Of course as long as she had them, the very concept of danger from a Demon seemed laughable. As things are, that's partially what's wrong with the show. As long as all they have to do is say a rhyme to kill a demon or have Piper blow it up they aren't really in much danger, especially seeing as how by nature of being evil, Demons aren't exactly ever going to have long term success in ganging up and overwhelming them with numbers.

It's no wonder they dress so skimpily now that I think about it. It's not like they're likely to get more than a few ashes on their outfits saying nursery rhymes and throwing bottles. They should have made it just a little bit harder. If I were a witch, I'd probably be out of shape for not actually having to physically do anything, besides take care of my voice.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I actually forgot Phoebe had powers; they were good ones too. Of course as long as she had them, the very concept of danger from a Demon seemed laughable. As things are, that's partially what's wrong with the show. As long as all they have to do is say a rhyme to kill a demon or have Piper blow it up they aren't really in much danger, especially seeing as how by nature of being evil, Demons aren't exactly ever going to have long term success in ganging up and overwhelming them with numbers.

It's no wonder they dress so skimpily now that I think about it. It's not like they're likely to get more than a few ashes on their outfits saying nursery rhymes and throwing bottles. They should have made it just a little bit harder. If I were a witch, I'd probably be out of shape for not actually having to physically do anything, besides take care of my voice.
                      I dont think i've ever thought of that, but yes, thats another problem with the show, and i agree with it completely.

Even when they verbally say 'i dont think we will get out of this' or something similar to that about going against a demon, its hard to watch and not laugh or be serious.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

As things are, that's partially what's wrong with the show. As long as all they have to do is say a rhyme to kill a demon or have Piper blow it up they aren't really in much danger, especially seeing as how by nature of being evil, Demons aren't exactly ever going to have long term success in ganging up and overwhelming them with numbers.
                        However, sometimes the spells didn't work and sometimes Piper's power of molecular acceleration didn't work either. Now, they don't even have Leo to heal them.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the show. I won't go into any lengthy detail about it right now, but I also like the show better with Paige, rather than Prue. I liked Prue okay, but I like Paige better. She is more... "chipper". Prue was a bit hard edged. Piper is too, but in a different sort of way. She can be really humorous at times, Prue rarely was. I particularly like it when she hits an ultra-conservative close-minded streak. It's ridiculous, but I never fail to crack up over it. Phoebe? She's just notorious.
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                            However, sometimes the spells didn't work and sometimes Piper's power of molecular acceleration didn't work either. Now, they don't even have Leo to heal them.
                            But don't you think that doesn't matter in the end when the demons loose to the CO's anyway? Yes i know on occasion there were demons who kill other demons, but those demons usually just suck a lot, haha.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                              But don't you think that doesn't matter in the end when the demons loose to the CO's anyway? Yes i know on occasion there were demons who kill other demons, but those demons usually just suck a lot, haha.
                              But not all demons lose the first time. Barbas keeps coming back...well...he kept coming back and he's the reason Phoebe had her powers stripped. And look at Shax...he killed Prue.

Tonight's episode was good. It sort of had tones of season 6, but still a good episode. I think Phoebe may get off of the baby kick (finally).
                              sigpic

Comment

Doesn't Phoebe end up eventually being pregnant? there was the episode where Phoebe saw a future with Wyatt and Chris and she was pregnant. So she probably will not get off the baby kick.

Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X