• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody Hates Hugo (204)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    EVERYBODY HATES HUGO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

Hurley is assigned to inventory the food stockpile inside the hatch, bringing up memories about the day after his big lottery win. Michael, Jin, and Sawyer learn more about their captors.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:53 PM.

Hey, you know what. This was the first episode of Lost I watched, all the way through. And it was a pretty cool episode.
    sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Hugo! Poor, poor, abused Hurley. I wish we'd learned a bit more about him/his past, though. The flashbacks were a little frustrating.And I spent the whole ep waiting for the chicken place to get destroyed my metorites. *grumble*

I get the feeling his life really DID go to hell after he won, and not JUST because of "the numbers".

Knew Bernard would be a survivor, but wasn't expecting him to be white. How bigoted of me.

Looks like the stewardess lady made it, too.

And 23 survivors! 23!! AAAHHH! And they're in another Dharma facility, but it doesn't look nearly as cozy as the Swan.

Ya know, Shakespeare's stuff was sometimes performed at the Swan Theatre. Just for another random connection.

Yay to the food giving. and PEANUT BUTTER!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        And 23 survivors! 23!! AAAHHH! And they're in another Dharma facility, but it doesn't look nearly as cozy as the Swan.

*snip*

Yay to the food giving. and PEANUT BUTTER!
        It didn't look like there were 23 people in that facility--I wonder what happened to them all.

And I also LOVED Hurley's solution to the food situation!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
          It didn't look like there were 23 people in that facility--I wonder what happened to them all.

And I also LOVED Hurley's solution to the food situation!
          Sawyer asked her "I thought there were 23 of you?"
          Chick: "There were."

I'm guessing the "others" or maybe the monsters got a couple of easier meals from them then the other survivors... Explains why they stayed away from them.

I had a revelation into lost the other day, something that explained something, I cant remember it, all I remember is that it made alot of sense.

Comment

Must know what the place was that the other survivors were in!! Must know about their interactions with the Others!!! Must learn why Hurley was in a mental institution!!!!!
            Spoiler:
            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Mentioning Hurley and the mental institution. I was explaining to the hubby that his lottery numbers were the same numbers that they had to input into the computer. At first he didn't believe me. Then I went on to explain how he got the numbers from a guy in the mental institution who would just say those numbers over and over. Guess who that guy was? Well, I don't know the name, but he was one of the "button pushers" who probably was replaced before the "incident".

Also, did anyone get a screen cap of the Dharma symbol in the second facility? It was definately different, but I couldn't tell what it was.

I can't think of anything else. But I need to get a copy of the first season. I'm afraid of what I have forgotten and what I missed.
              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Hurley learned about the numbers from Lenny in the mental institution. Lenny was in the U.S. Navy and stationed at a listening post in Kalgoorlie, Australia, “monitoring long wave transmissions out of the Pacific” with Sam Toomey, the guy in Australia that Hurley goes to see (course he had killed himself 4 yrs earlier) last season.

About tonight….for a second there I thought the tail people had done something to Jin and Michael because, to me, they were acting kind of strange and too calm when they came to get Sawyer out of the pit.
                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 13 October 2005, 07:54 PM.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Here's the best screencap I could get. I think, and this might be WAY off, but it almost looks like a bird. Imagine a bird flying straight 'up' with its wings extended.

Also I wonder if 'the others' were maybe criminals or crazy people. Those tend to make the best subjects for people studying psychology, which was one of the Dharma projects.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but: http://www.bigspaceship1.com appears to be related to the show, although I can't access it now. Last night it had a pic of a gas mask with rapidly increasing music, it also sometimes has 2 polar bears crossing paths.
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Forgot the pic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Chocula
                      Sawyer asked her "I thought there were 23 of you?"
                      Chick: "There were."
                      That is what I really want to find out, hopefully in the next episode. This show is always raising many more questions than it ever answers.

Comment

I have to go back and check the credits, but I think the guy who played Hurley's boss, also played Locke's boss. Both were named 'Randy'.

Hurley also owned a box company, presumably the one Locke worked at.

Comment

Well, the episode confirmed my suspicions that the "Udder!" were in fact all the survivors of the tail section and not the real Others. They were just paranoid survivors who (I'm guessing) have been whittled down by the real Others.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                          Hurley learned about the numbers from Lenny in the mental institution. Lenny was in the U.S. Navy and stationed at a listening post in Kalgoorlie, Australia, “monitoring long wave transmissions out of the Pacific” with Sam Toomey, the guy in Australia that Hurley goes to see (course he had killed himself 4 yrs earlier) last season.
                          A small diversion:
                          I thought it was shortwave, not long wave. In any case, that part of the story has been bothering me (from a technical point of view). We learned that the two guys stationed at the listening post received the signal about 16 years ago, around the same time Rousseau's team picked up the signal. Later, she changes the signal to a distress call, but the problem I had was that the handheld transmitter that Sayid used picked the signal up in the 100's of Megahertz, or VHF band. Longwave and Shortwave transmissions are in the HF band, which requires completely different hardware (radio and antennae) for transmitting. Also, signals can't change in frequency, so either there is another transmitter somewhere on the island, or the writers misused their radio terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Knew Bernard would be a survivor, but wasn't expecting him to be white. How bigoted of me.
                            Why would that be bigoted? Most married couples (at least in the U.S.) are of the same race, so it's not necessarily wrong (or evidence of any latent prejudice), IMO, to assume that her husband would be black. It was a nice surprise, though.

Unless you were being facetious. In which case, never mind.
                            Last edited by skye1974; 13 October 2005, 12:52 PM.
                            Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                              I have to go back and check the credits, but I think the guy who played Hurley's boss, also played Locke's boss. Both were named 'Randy'.
                              I THOUGHT he looked familiar! And you're right, it IS the same guy! I wonder what that says...

Maybe he got his boss a job at the box factory after the Chaco Chicken (whatever it's called) was destroyed. Curiouser and curiouser.

Comment

Working...
                              X