No announcement yet.

Everybody Hates Hugo (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an interesting end to this weeks episode -- I didn't expect Hurley to be distributing all that food at the end when it appeared that he was going to blow it up. I was surprised that Jack didn't have a cow and agreed with that decision.

P.S. That peanut butter is probably rancid from being in storage for that long
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

At the end, Hurley tells Jack that there is enough food down there for one guy for 3 months and if Desmond had been down there several years, how is there still food? Does the food get replinished at regular intervals as long as the button is still being pressed? Does that mean that Dharma is aware of the plane crash survivors? Did Dharma cause the crash in the first place to set up some sort of social experiment?

Comment

This was an interesting ep.

Poor Hurley. Regardless of whether the numbers are actually cursed, it looks like Hurley's life changed drastically by winning with them, and not necessarily for the good. I loved the flashbacks and exchanges with his friend. I'm assuming from Hurley's reactions that the friendship did change.

I found Charlie to be really, really annoying in this one. Yes he wanted PB for Claire, but I think he was a bit harsh.

I found Jack's attitude annoying too. There's nothing worse than playing "I've got a secret, and I'm not going to tell you, only a select few get to know it". He should have spoken up, told the group what they knew, and that as soon as everything had been inventoried, it would be distributed.

Love that Locke told Charlie what he wanted to know. That's how it should have been from the beginning.

Love that Hurley stood up to Jack about handing out the food. I think maybe Rose helped him with that.

I'm with Shadow in saying that I was a bit embarassed that I had assumed Rose's husband was black. I don't have a problem with him being white at all, it just kind of shocked me when I realized that I had made such an assumption based on the fact that Rose was black. Then I got to thinking that maybe that's what the writers had in mind, to challenge the assumptions that we make about people.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking that the black guy from the tail section must be Rose's husband. In fact we were almost set up to think that. And isn't that what we do every week. We make assumptions about the characters based on what we know, only to have our assumptions blown away in the flashback sequences. And as we are entertained and blown away, we learn something. We learn that we shouldn't make assumptions about people. That we need to get to know them and their background and how it shapes who they are, before we decide what kind of person they are. To me that's really, really good scifi.
        sigpic

Comment

Good observations: like Jack said earlier, perhaps this is all one big experiment, which in a sense would be crappy as it takes the mystery away from us and from the entire survivors on the island....if that's indeed the case, but I don't think it is. Hmm, maybe we aren't supposed to think too deep or question certain aspects of the show ie. like the food supply Well, I mean the producers/directors should keep in mind that there are nerdy ones out there like us

By the way, I wonder what happened to the rest of the survivors -- didn't they said that there were twenty something of us, but when they went inside the compartment there were just a few. Unless there all out fishing or something.

Originally posted by Arative
          At the end, Hurley tells Jack that there is enough food down there for one guy for 3 months and if Desmond had been down there several years, how is there still food? Does the food get replinished at regular intervals as long as the button is still being pressed? Does that mean that Dharma is aware of the plane crash survivors? Did Dharma cause the crash in the first place to set up some sort of social experiment?
          Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I think the way the woman looks and sounds when Michael questions her about what she said about 23 survivors tells us they aren't fishing.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

ROFL.

I don't think they're fishing either. However they might very well be fish bait.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought that they might be implying that they turned to canablism when they said there used to be 23 but given the the ocean is near and there appears to be fruit trees, I have a hard time believing that they would have slipped so far so quickly from civilized behavior. I find it much more likely that the 'Others' have been slowly killing them off for something.

Comment

I agree about Charlie. He's become paranoid, angry, and suspicious. Dunno if that means he's back on the drugs or what, but I don't like it.

I'd like to know Jack's reasoning for keeping the bunker a secret. That has to be one of the stupidest things ever. Just a way for him to feel like he's still in complete control of the situation. Jackass. But I never liked him much, anyway.

I'm curious about how Desmond managed to survive without sleep, too. Or how long he had to do it. 108 minutes isn't a lot of time, certainly not enough to get the required amount of REM sleep a human body requires. The long-term effects of sleep deprivation can be quite harsh and include visual and audio hallucinations and increased temper, paranoia, etc. Hmm... Maybe Charlie's the one who hasn't been sleeping. LOL

I wonder when Kelvin died. Maybe it coincides with the plane crash. Or maybe Kelvin just wandered off into the woods to join the Others.

Do I want to know what Desmond did with the body or, the food situation being what it apparently was, am I better off not asking?

As for the 23 being whittled down, it honestly never occurred to me that it would be anything other than being preyed upon by the Others. Or falling victim to the sickness. Or just generally dying due to misadventure. Accidents. Whatever. The one girl drowned in the main group, after all. COuld be similar issues with the girl's wolf pack.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, probably because I like Hurley's back-story so much. Cluck off. Great moments throughtout the episode, too, I really enjoyed it. I was surprised to see Bernard was a white man, instead of the black man. Interesting to see that twist. Wasn't expecting it. Yet another sweet episode.
                    __

__

Comment

A good episode where many of the characters showed their true colors.

I was wanting Ana Lucia to be a good chic, I am not liking her now...
                      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Was a good ep. Although I'm starting to like Jack a lot less. He's becoming a bit whiny or something. On the other hand, I'm liking Sawyer more. He's showing more ''Hero'' qualities than Jack ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                          I was wanting Ana Lucia to be a good chic, I am not liking her now...

She's certainly trying to play 'tough chick,' anyway. Jonzey is right, Jack is becoming a less fav character of mine, I'm sure you can think why that is. But true, Sawyer is defeniately showing some very cool qualities. I think they're trying hard to develop Sawyer into a more 'loved' character this season.
                          __

__

Comment

Gotta say, after Anna's little power play with Sawyer & co, my first thought was, "I wonder if she was a Blood or a Crip?" Sheesh. Nasty street gang 'tude she's got. It may have kept them alive, but still. I guess we'll need to see more of her and her crew and what they're up against before I can start to wonder whether or not her attitude is "what's best" or if she may have made things worse for everyone.

Oh, and Jack letching after Kate in the shower? WTF?! A real gentleman would have turned his back, not leered at her. But then, Jack ain't a gentleman, is he?

Comment

Just a heads up, in case folks didn't already know; next week's ep is a Sun/Jin focused ep named And Found. The next episode titles/character focus are...

Spoiler:

Episode 2.06: Abandoned - Shannon

Episode 2.07: The Other 48 Days - Ana-Lucia

Episode 2.08: Old Habits - Charlie

SOURCE: Spoilerfix
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?na...up&cat=0&pos=0

shows a pic of Hurley and Jin in Hurley's nightmare. Get a look at the milk carton.

(click on the picture to enlarge)
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X