No announcement yet.

Troika (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is amazing!!! Everyone who disagrees is completely out of their minds!!! Completely out of their minds!!! How dare you have another opinion?!!

Okay, I'll admit it. I was obviously just kidding.

But in general we could do with some more comments here actually. Come one, people, we do all the work, we know a lot of you are reading it, at least let us know what you think of the episodes. Tell us what you like. Tell us what you hate. Feel free to post positive or negative comments. Any comments are okay. Seriously. Don't hold back with anything. You wouldn't do that when commenting on SG-1 or SGA episodes, so no need to do it here.

We're entering some very new territory this season, doing some things (as I've pointed out before) that haven't been done on Stargate before. I was wondering actually what people think about that; I'm referring to the Kih'Andari storyline, by the way. There'll be some interesting developments coming up as the season progresses. And, in addition to that, as I've also mentioned before, the series is taking on a more "classic Stargate feel," as I think is also starting to shine through at this point. The next episode will be one of those good old "go through the gate, get into trouble" episodes.

Anyway, I guess my point is, let's have some more episode discussions going on around here.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hey Alex and co. how ya doing? Wow I had myself a major SGH marathon on Friday! I read episodes 204 to 207 back to back! I would have loved to comment earlier on them (Alex you know how much of a SGH junkie I am!) but I had tons of college work that needed to be taken care off first .

I really enjoyed this episode primarily because it features the return of good ol' Doc Lenori!! The writing was excellent, as usual!, and the loss of 1000 Tok' Ra coupled with the menacing threat from the "Fish-Heads!" and you have yourself a blissfully wonderful 40 odd minutes. Great job guys. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go and catch up with my old friend Jay F!!
      Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
      ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
      <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I just reread this episode and realized how great it is (I can say this because at this point I had nothing to do with its creation).

I was reading some of the comments and questions earlier, and just thought I'd say that a few of the questions posed from Troika will be resolved in the upcoming Catch 22. It should explain a couple of things here, leave some unanswered, and perhaps raise a few more questions.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I'd just like to note, although I don't remember the episode very well, it left such an impression on me that I simply couldn't stop reading after it. It was, from what I remember, the best episode you guys have done. Period.

Comment

I hope 2.21 can live up to that, being a decent follow-up to such a story.
            Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I will say "Catch 22" will finally shed some light into that infamous glowing eyes ending of "Troika".
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well I re-read this. It was an interesting story, although it was a shame we didn't get more Gate exploration episodes early in the season. I really liked the way in which it brought the incidents from the last season together.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Review

I actually read Troika about a week ago but have been extraordinarily busy recently, so I've had to slow down a bit with Season Two.

The Enoly making a move on the Tok'ra was excellent, Loral looks like she is going to fulfill her potential to develop into an awesome villain.

The Tok'ra moving to Horizon is an interesting addition to the mix.

Planet Selmak was a nice touch.

I was a little sorry to se the Tok'ra illness cured off-screen.

The station is sure taking an awful lot of damage in this season, which is in some ways good to see that Horizon is very much vulnerable and far from safe. The show is proving to be quite unpredictable.

The episode felt a bit too busy at times. There was a lot of information coming across.

Again some good threads were developed. Lenori/Christine, a possible spy, Loral, the Enoly in general and the Tok'ra's mystery research (my theory is they're trying to fix the no new Tok'ra problem),

Zach got on my nerves again, though his scene where he annoys the Tok'ra was pretty amusing.

Overall a fairly solid episode.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
                    The Enoly making a move on the Tok'ra was excellent, Loral looks like she is going to fulfill her potential to develop into an awesome villain.
                    No spoilers for you, but keep reading. I think you'll like it.

The show is proving to be quite unpredictable.
                    You haven't seen the half of it! (Don't look at the end of the mid-season two parter, look later.)

(my theory is they're trying to fix the no new Tok'ra problem),
                    Ditto.

Zach got on my nerves again, though his scene where he annoys the Tok'ra was pretty amusing.
                    I've never been a fan of Zach either, unfortunately. I was hoping to, but 2x18 - Journalist's Day just didn't do anything to help that. I'm guessing he's the sort of character you just like or hate, with no middle ground.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Unfortunately, certain scenes, and even an entire episode ("Journalist's Day") were meant to show a more serious, sympathetic side of Zach, but things turned out differently. Despite that, there might be some good things for Zach in the future (season three)?
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Good things like serious injury? Lol
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This episode was awesome.
                          It's so nice to see Lenori back at the station and also it was cool to see a little bit of the Tok'Ra again..it's been a while.
                          And the ending is so cool...it was nice to see a "familiar, yet quite unexpected" Goa'uld-like glowing eyes image.

In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

First post

Good to see the good old annoying Tok'Ra around. I feel a bit surprised with all the new characters. All with a good background. I hate Zach's behaviour so far, but I'm sure that guy will have some... I'll say "quality moments".

Tom's background, Selmak's reminiscence, Walter and the ever intriguing Goa'uld glowing eyes... all very positive points.

Good to see my good old Doctor Lenori right back with the guys
                            sigpic
                            ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                            - That's a lie!!!
                            - Indeed it is...

Comment

*Do Not Read If You Do Not Want To Be Spoiled*
                              Jelgate's Two Cents

I can gladly say that I enjoyed this episode. I really enjoyed to see the return of Lenori. I wonder if he will return to his position as the member of Horizon's medicial staff. Its really interesting to see that the the Tok'ra are now are living on the Horizon station. I bet the station will be come a lot busier. I wonder what was on the Tok'ra base that the Enloy wanted. A better question what is the Tok'ra object. It was interesting that Grant didn't take command of the Valiant. It was in his right. Admirals will sometimes take over a captains ship. Speaking of Sato, he showed brillant strategy. Maybe I wasn't paying attention in the Enloy S1 three parter but I didn't know that the smaller Enloy fighter were telepathically controlled by the larger Enloy crusier. Speaking of the Enloy, I was surpised that the symbiont was making Loral corrupt. If anything I thought it would make her kindhearted. And on to the B plot. I really like The NID in SG-1, so its no surprise that I enjoy the Kir'Alrahd. They really enjoy causing trouble for Horizon. Since they never found the agent who killed the Tok'ra, I bet the double agent is still on Horizon
                              Questions

1)How is the Enloy host able to control the symbiont
                              Chase: Hundreds of Tok’ra on the base. We should have a party.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X