Serenity on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity on DVD

Our ever reliable industry sources are telling us that Universal will soon announce the DVD release of Joss Whedon's Serenity for 12/20. Early word indicates that the disc may include Whedon audio commentary, along with at least 4 behind-the-scenes featurettes (Future History, We'll Have a Fruity Oaty Good Time, Re-Lighting the Firefly and What's in a Firefly), a video introduction to the film by Whedon and 6 minutes worth of outtakes. Some of the details on the extras comes from the BBFC website (click the link and hit enter). We'll post more as it comes in.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#1006

Seems to be the UK version.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

More good news about the Serenity DVD regarding deleted scenes and extended scenes
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...F?OpenDocument
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Whoohoo!

As soon as the movie ended I asked my sister, 'So when does this come out on DVD?'

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Sweet, I know what I'm getting myself for christmas.

Comment

Who cares, I won't see it in the Theaters, I'll wait until it comes on DVD. I can wait 5 months or so.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            Who cares, I won't see it in the Theaters, I'll wait until it comes on DVD. I can wait 5 months or so.
            Don't like the cinemas?

Comment

How can you not see it in the cinemas?!? Trust me, if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself when you find out how good it is.

Comment

so is serinity actually a firefly?
                it would explain a bit...

Comment

Are you referring to the ship or to the film? Either way, the answer is yes... sort of...
                  Serenity is the film which picks up from eight months after the events at the end of the Firefly series.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Cool! Here's hoping they stick to that release date. If they do, I think I've just solved half my Christmas pressie list at one stroke.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Are you referring to the ship or to the film? Either way, the answer is yes... sort of...
                      Serenity is the film which picks up from eight months after the events at the end of the Firefly series.
                      thanks

Comment

From what I know, such an early release of the DVD generally indicates poor performance at the movies. THis is at least my understanding.

Comment

I think in general studios are moving up DVD releases. It has something to do with declining cinema audiences in general and the growth of home cinema systems.

Comment

Nah, it's more likely. We'll see an early release with hardly anything on it and then a much cooler release later on. Besides, this has been doing well.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

All things considered... I think Serenity is doing well really... when you think about the fact that it would never have even seen the light of day ordinarily.

I think the early release of the DVD is a smart move in that it'll prevent some degree of piracy and keep the fans happy. What I'm looking forward to are the deleted scenes...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X