• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ori perfect project Arcturus?

I think the Ori have perfected project Arcturus

Argument 1
    Carter says that even a ZPM couldn't power the Ori shield in 'Beachhead'
    McKay says Arcturus makes ZPMs look like Alkaine batteries.
    Argument 2
    Problem 1 with Arcturus; you cannot predict the unpredictable
    Not for the Ori, remember, they aren't bound by our space-time.
    Argument 3
    Problem 2 with Arcturus, we have to live in our space-time, so extracting zero-point energy is tricky.
    Remember, Ori don't live in our space-time, and Orlin says they sap energy from their followers. You startin' to get it?

If anyone has any disagreements or additional comments, please voice them.
    I think this is cool.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Whats arcturus...i remember the name but i cant remember what it is
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

No the Ori did not perfect the Arcturus device...they had the gate connect to another with a blackhole. The Jaffa, Garek's Ha'taks, and our GateBuster bomb are what powered the sheild and allowed it to grow larger, eventually covering the whole planet

Comment

The Arcturus device is the power sourse/weapon thingy from the SGA episode "Trinity". Remeber, Mckay blew up 5/6 of a solar syatem with it

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
          The Arcturus device is the power sourse/weapon thingy from the SGA episode "Trinity". Remeber, Mckay blew up 5/6 of a solar syatem with it
          *Manaiacal laugh* Yeah that was a good one!

Comment

Ah... Now i remember
            Thanks
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

No problem That's why I'm here

Comment

No the Ori did not perfect the Arcturus device...they had the gate connect to another with a blackhole. The Jaffa, Garek's Ha'taks, and our GateBuster bomb are what powered the sheild and allowed it to grow larger, eventually covering the whole planet
                Well we don't know that for sure. Sam said it but she didn't know about the project and she assumed because she knew what was going to happen to this side of the gate.
                Spoiler:
                Also we know that Vala comes back, if the gate was in space drawing power from a black hole how does she survive? The answer would have to be there is no black hole on the Ori side but rather a huge power source on a livable world for Vala to gate to.
                So they very well could have perfected it. Just a guess
                I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                  Well we don't know that for sure. Sam said it but she didn't know about the project and she assumed because she knew what was going to happen to this side of the gate.
                  Spoiler:
                  Also we know that Vala comes back, if the gate was in space drawing power from a black hole how does she survive? The answer would have to be there is no black hole on the Ori side but rather a huge power source on a livable world for Vala to gate to.
                  So they very well could have perfected it. Just a guess
                  yes but not everyone has not looked at the spoiler so the only reason that is thought is what was guessed

Eoin if you don't know about a race, tech, ships, characters, and planets
                  just click on the OMNIPEDIA menu to find out about it.

Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                  Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                  new enemy of the Ori
                  At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

It is quite possible that they could have gained that knowledge when they ascended. If they did, were screwed.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

The Ori would possibly have the knowledge but since they also have power they could use it to draw energy from a black hole. Otherwise they could build ships that would be indestructable and wipe out the galaxy. What kind of show would it be than?
                      "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

The Orii are ascended beings that rival the ancients. I'd say they are more than capable of building arcturus. But seeing as the ancients built Arcturus millions of years after splitting from the oafologistic Orii, it is not that likely...
                        1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Arcturus project was performed by the Ancients in the Pegasus some many years after they had left the Galaxy in which the Ori are in now. Whilst the Ori may have the knowledge of making Arcturus, the chances are they dont, The Ancients (Alterans) may have gained more knowledge from the spilt from the Ori meaning that they are the only ones able to implement it,

Who knows???

Comment

What about the Power genterators for their ships, they look an awful lot like Arcturus, and a Prior did have to activate them.
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

It's probably not a Trinity-device, but it's something similar. No matter how smart the Ancients were, they still only mortal. The Ori have the secrets of the universe at their disposal (though they have to actively go looking for it).

I doubt they'd be constrained to such petty power sources as ZPMs what with Ascended knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X