No announcement yet.

Desperate Measures (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think thier is a missed opportunity here for a Stargate spinoff. Ninjas is so awesome. I would watch a show about the ninja homeless man

I like this episode for so many reasons. I think this episode separates Maybourne and Simmons as NID scum. Maybourne would have never done something so underhanded as what Simmons did. Not to mention the Jack and Maybourne teamup episodes of S4-S6 are great fun. RDA and Tom McBeth just work so well together when they go on some kind of adventure. I do not care a whole lot for Carter being captured in the hospital by Conrad. He was not whole interesting as his motivations and interests for capturing Carter were not groundbreaking and something I could understand why he did it so I did not downright hate him compared to other people
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think thier is a missed opportunity here for a Stargate spinoff. Ninjas is so awesome. I would watch a show about the ninja homeless man

I like this episode for so many reasons. I think this episode separates Maybourne and Simmons as NID scum. Maybourne would have never done something so underhanded as what Simmons did. Not to mention the Jack and Maybourne teamup episodes of S4-S6 are great fun. RDA and Tom McBeth just work so well together when they go on some kind of adventure. I do not care a whole lot for Carter being captured in the hospital by Conrad. He was not whole interesting as his motivations and interests for capturing Carter were not groundbreaking and something I could understand why he did it so I did not downright hate him compared to other people
      I agree about RDA and Tom working so well together, I wasn't a fan of Mayborne, but him and Jack "working together" was always worth watching. And Mayborne sort of redeems himself in this episode.

I was surprised Jack didn't "accidently" use more force in attempts to rescue Sam. I loved Daniel's cop-out of "being shot feels like." Otherwise it was a weak episode. Carter didn't seem to kick ass as much as I thought she would have, although her being drugged was likely one of the reasons.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I agree with everyone on Jack and Maybourne being a great team.

It was an okay ep but nothing ground breaking. Simmons is still his evil self.
        sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see Maybourne again - Great ep.

I'm having a marathon watch and reached season 5 with pleasure, and besides the disappointing start, it's the best season so far....

Comment

Desperate measures alright...
            The end justifying the means...

Interesting episode to see all the players in the field, and we get Simmons... some piece of work he is.

Maybourne's back. Yay!

Jack delivering the National Geographics to the homeless guy. Now he's just an Air Force Colonel with an empty closet.

Didn't those two doctors get the files where the difference between a Goa'uld and a Tok'ra is being explained? Obviously they didn't.
            The Goa'uld symbiote swimming around his tank was pretty neat though, kinda like an eel.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked the episode for the most part. Didn't care for the superpowers they are giving Sam. I think being smart should be enough. Love seeing Q being all sneaky.

Comment

What superpowers?

The protein Jolinar left behind just makes sedating her a challenge.

Comment

That alone is enough of superpower but she also has snake knowledge, can detect snakes in people, and is resistant to most of the same things Teal'c is(ex: foothold). I think it lessens the character.

Comment

The sensing is due to the presence of the naquadah... She didn't sense the goa'uld larvae in The First Ones cause they didn't have naquadah in their system. So, it's not always useful.

Admitted Carter is too "perfect" to be a normal character, but I noticed that TPB actually admit to that in the behind-the-scenes features.

Comment

I've always had a little trouble with the ending of this episode. Sam should have been in a bed in the infirmary, as well as Jack. She'd been drugged to the gills with who knows what, and subjected to tests while she was unconscious. Who knows what that had to do to her. She had also been changed into hospital scrubs at one point. And you know that Diana (the girlfriend) didn't do it; I doubt she would have dirtied her hands by doing something like that. So one (or two) of the men had to have done it. She was a prisoner for approximately five days during which time I'm sure those idiots kept giving her more drugs to keep her sedated. And I doubt very much she was given much food or water during that time. The whole incident had to have also had a psychological affect on Sam for awhile. I'm totally surprised that Janet didn't insist on her staying in the infirmary for a day or two until all those drugs worked their way out of her system.

Instead, she's standing there with Hammond at Jack's bedside as though nothing serious had happened to her. And I just didn't think that was right.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I've always had a little trouble with the ending of this episode. Sam should have been in a bed in the infirmary, as well as Jack. She'd been drugged to the gills with who knows what, and subjected to tests while she was unconscious. Who knows what that had to do to her. She had also been changed into hospital scrubs at one point. And you know that Diana (the girlfriend) didn't do it; I doubt she would have dirtied her hands by doing something like that. So one (or two) of the men had to have done it. She was a prisoner for approximately five days during which time I'm sure those idiots kept giving her more drugs to keep her sedated. And I doubt very much she was given much food or water during that time. The whole incident had to have also had a psychological affect on Sam for awhile. I'm totally surprised that Janet didn't insist on her staying in the infirmary for a day or two until all those drugs worked their way out of her system.

Instead, she's standing there with Hammond at Jack's bedside as though nothing serious had happened to her. And I just didn't think that was right.
                        yes on everything!!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Holy boring episode. I hate to say this, but I think I've finally found one that I never want to watch again. Every episode so far has been enjoyable or ultimately satisfying to some degree. OK, maybe not Emancipation, but I like to pretend that doesn't exist.

This one, however, just seemed to devolve so rapidly in government conspiracy and a completely unknown antagonist who still doesn't seem very compelling. How much time was spent watching everyone lurk around that hospital? Not much time was spent on Carter despite her being kept prisoner for so long. How is she doing emotionally? Not too well, I'd imagine, but we get to feel sorry for Jack instead, because getting shot is more shocking than being drugged and kidnapped for experimentation, I suppose.

At least Maybourne's there for some entertainment.

...I can't believe I was excited to see Janet again, and it was for an episode like this. She may as well have not been in it, anyway.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Ooh, you just gave me my drabble idea for this episode.

Good points all around.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Okay, Jack is driving to make me mad.

All those episodes where strange things happen around the Stargate and to his team mates, but because he doesn't see them, he things people are nuts.

Yet he meets a crazy homeless who babbles about ninjas - and this guy he believes without hesitation.:roll eyes:

Comment

Blonde attractive female in the hands of the very evil ones - her guardian angel bonds with an enemy and rushes to her rescue.
                              Almost tragic ending and a false accusation - not my favourite ep.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                                Holy boring episode. I hate to say this, but I think I've finally found one that I never want to watch again.
                                This is the first episode in my rewatch that I have zero recollection of.. Though a few hours after watching I sort of remember O'Neill being shot in the back. That's it.

The homeless guy made it slightly entertaining I guess, otherwise it was pretty dry. We've been through this kind of Goa'uld plotline as far back as the 2nd episode of the first season..

Comment

Working...
                                X