Captain Mal Reynolds/Nathan Fillion Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    Dunno... was wondering whether it was from War Stories... Actually didn't he tell The Operative that
    Spoiler:
    He hurt his shoulder from this first tour?
    Could that scar be from the war rather from any other misadventure he's had since?
    Shouldn't he have more than one scar? After being shot at, stabbed, prodded constantly...

Edited: Oh wait... there's another one... that middle one must be from War Stories...
    Spoiler:
    He said it severed the nerve cluster.
    I assumed it would have been located elsewhere, not on the front shoulder. But I know nothing of biology so *shrug*

Comment

mmmmmmmmm as long as its Mal do we care... all i know is that i wanted to make all those injuries better when he was gettin' whumped in the movie... poor sexy cpt.
      sigpic

Comment

Which Mal do you prefer? The mean old man from the movie, or the mean old man from the series?

Comment

uh does hot-n-sexy count. cuz he be both.

gotta say his personality certainly comes through in the movie and a temper to match (just like mine... er... ya totally off topic bout that.)
          sigpic

Comment

movie Mal is much...better ...than tv show Mal...IMHO. Serenity the movie is much better than the Firefly tv show. all the male charachters were hot! esp Mal and Jayne.......just got the series on dvd...haven't watch but the first ep yet....so......here's to my next day off, to watching Firefly! and seeing the nekkid Mal...what ep is that from?????
            '

Comment

nekkid Mal is from Trash.... much much better then the tv verison of the eppy.
              sigpic

Comment

I vote movie Mal - not really any one reason why but the combo of his attitude and humor and sort of angsty-ness makes good Mal

Comment

Uh, guys! What's up? How come there hasn't been any thunking going on in this thread in two days, huh?!

My two cents:

Comment

oh nice
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      Spoiler:
                      He said it severed the nerve cluster.
                      I assumed it would have been located elsewhere, not on the front shoulder. But I know nothing of biology so *shrug*
                      The scar came from an episode...maybe Ariel? I remember Simon stitching him up. Clever of them to remember for us.
                      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                        I vote movie Mal - not really any one reason why but the combo of his attitude and humor and sort of angsty-ness makes good Mal
                        My favorite scene in the movie was of

Spoiler alert

Mal watching the 'capture' of Inara. Lovely yearning. It is clear he is missing her and won't admit it.
                        Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm *drool*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                            Which Mal do you prefer? The mean old man from the movie, or the mean old man from the series?
                            Your question pretty much answers it for me... He is fundamentally still the "mean o'l man".
                            I like where Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion take Mal in the movie although fundamentally, they are both the same person. The potential for Mal to become the person he did in Serenity has always been there. We catch glimpses of it here and there. It always surprises me when I hear people say that Mal was really different in the film. I don't think he was that different... just that he was pushed to the brink. Angsty is always good.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
                              The scar came from an episode...maybe Ariel? I remember Simon stitching him up. Clever of them to remember for us.
                              Pretty sure that was Jayne Simon was stitching up in Ariel. But there was a simliar scene in the Train Job where it's him bein sewed up.

Comment

Well been busy in here since I last visited and wow nikked Mal shots! Where have I been?!?!

*Drools* all over the computer and dies.

Ouch! We do have a gutter in here right? *fanning self* no that ain't working either. *dies again*

Knew this thread should never of been started.

Comment

Working...
                                X