Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I want to finish my set, and i want to be sure i get full threads, any positive blips on the slims?

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
    DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Bumping this for anyone to confirm the slim box has the proper 60 minute cut? I'm going to be buying it soon but don't want to get jipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
        Bumping this for anyone to confirm the slim box has the proper 60 minute cut? I'm going to be buying it soon but don't want to get jipped.
        I'm told by many that yes, the "Threads" in the slimpack set is the full 60 minute one and not the edited down 40 minute version.

But since I don't know for certain, don't quote me on that.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I have looked at several thin packs and none appear to have the long version of 'Threads'. But the good news may be that I have found a contact that might be able to get us the replacement disc. I tried the Amazon 980 min Season 8 but it wasn't the long version either but a terrific person in customer service called around and got me the phone number and address to get the replacement now.

You have to send back the whole box set to the following address:

Fox Consumer
          Attn: Erica
          20102 South Vermont Avenue
          Torrance, CA 90502

Include your name, address and why you are returning the box set and they will send you a new one with the full length version of 'Threads'. If you feel you need to call 1-877-369-7867 M-F 8-5 Pacific Time (this is 20th Century Fox). Will this work ? I'll let you know but it is the best lead I've had in over a month.

Comment

^ That's interesting, I just picked one up at Target and it was the full version...

btw, welcome to GW!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
              They already did...

I got the new DVD, the only thing is that it doesn't come with a commentary.
              Yeah...i was so sad when I found out! I wish I knew the reason!Anyway... I know every seconds of this episode! It's my favorite!!!
              sigpic

Comment

"You have to send back the whole box set to the following address:"
                Cripes! I don't think so! Not with customs at the border. I was unfortuant to get the reg big box set and didn't know at the time there was a longer version of Threads. I got season 3-8 used at only $25 a piece (Canadian dollars). So I had a lot to catch up on and was staying away from spoilers. I would check out the epsiode discusions on here when done with an episode. I was so annoyed to find out about the rebate. I actually followed a link and did the rebate. But of course it was way too late. Did it I think in June. Got back the envelope I sent unopened and note that P.O. Box was closed. Sending in the whole box set is not going to work for me! I think I'd rather buy a slimpack because knowing my luck I'd get taxed like crazy at customs and I just don't trust the postal service on either side of the border with my precious season 8.
                Edited to add... just relooked at that post. one post. No P.O. Box number. Send in full box set. Hmmmm. sounds fishy!
                Last edited by Angela V; 15 October 2006, 12:46 AM. Reason: a doh! moment
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                  "You have to send back the whole box set to the following address:"
                  Cripes! I don't think so! Not with customs at the border. I was unfortuant to get the reg big box set and didn't know at the time there was a longer version of Threads. I got season 3-8 used at only $25 a piece (Canadian dollars). So I had a lot to catch up on and was staying away from spoilers. I would check out the epsiode discusions on here when done with an episode. I was so annoyed to find out about the rebate. I actually followed a link and did the rebate. But of course it was way too late. Did it I think in June. Got back the envelope I sent unopened and note that P.O. Box was closed. Sending in the whole box set is not going to work for me! I think I'd rather buy a slimpack because knowing my luck I'd get taxed like crazy at customs and I just don't trust the postal service on either side of the border with my precious season 8.
                  Edited to add... just relooked at that post. one post. No P.O. Box number. Send in full box set. Hmmmm. sounds fishy!
                  The rebate actually worked, as i had done it. Sending the disc is purely optional, as some sent the disc and others didn't. It just took 20 weeks or so for it to happen. I didn't send the disc in, as it would have cost $5.00 to send the package. And i certainly wasn't going to send the entire box set, either!

Comment

Working...
                  X