No announcement yet.

2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess this just shows that even tho they didn't go to the world future sg1 told them not to go to they were meant to meet them because they still met them anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

Will Kinsey *ever* go away??
      sigpic

Comment

Give it 2 seasons.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Give it 2 seasons.
          3 seasons
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

You are correct.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Just finished watching this ep. Good, enjoyable, but flawed.

1. When O'Neill says the first address is to a black hole, and the rest get progressively worse...what exactly is worse than dialling a black hole?
              2. What would have happened with the deadly gate addresses if the Aschen had turned out to be benign (obviously, we know they weren't, but the SGC didn't)?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                2. What would have happened with the deadly gate addresses if the Aschen had turned out to be benign (obviously, we know they weren't, but the SGC didn't)?
                didn't they change the addresses or something after they found out the aschens intentions
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Probably, even though it wasn't shown.

I loved this ep, great follow-up to 2010. The Aschen are so creepy! Still, it's unfortunate that they have Earth's dialing coordinates.

I enjoyed this when watching it, but thinking about it later it seems this ep was unusually full of plotholes. I had a hard time believing how fast Jackson managed to translate the Volian newspapers, without any aid at all. Were the Volians after all some transplanted Welshmen, since he said it was closely related to ancient Welsh?

And where the heck did that bioweapon in the harvester come from?
                  Last edited by maneth; 29 September 2010, 08:26 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                    didn't they change the addresses or something after they found out the aschens intentions
                    I may have to rewatch the ep but I'm pretty sure they would have witheld the addresses and given more benign ones later if the Aschen had turned out to be benign.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I loved it. I just want to smack kinsey though the self rightous, egotistical, zealout.

Did anyone else notice the language of the "Welsh" dialect speaking extinct people is English. The Newspaper when shown on the overhead projector when SG-1 is being briefed is English but with each letter as the one before it in the alphabet.

The newspaper for instance is called "Uif Mpmjbo Wpjdf" and the headline says "Wbddjof gspn ofxdpnfst dbvtft tufsjmjuw" If you replace the letters, it becomes "The Lolian Voice" and "Vaccine from newcomers causes sterility."

Comment

How is it that the Aaschen official looks at a scrap piece of paper written in Celtic Bolian from an Earthling and innocently translates the meaning of the word with no caution?
                        Presumably the newspaper stopped printing when the Aaschen saw them reveal what was happening, and then the people died out. Too bad SGC didn't request a larger tour of the planet.
                        So we see that Sam never marries Ambassador Joe. But what would be the fate of the ambassador?

Anyway, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that Maybourne, Simmons and Kinsey are working together??
                        Last edited by Dave2; 01 December 2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

How was it that they only met one single Bolian farmer? And couldn't he have helped them in translation instead of taking risks involving the Aaschen?
                          Besides, why did they show no interest in meeting other members of the Aaschen alliance before commiting to anything in the beginning?
                          How did they know the Aaschen weren't involved with the goa'uld?

Comment

The whole point of getting the Aschen to translate the word was that they needed them to make a mistake and tip their hand (very clearly explained). The official translated it because he was caught off-guard without thinking - it's like if somebody throws something to you, you will try to catch it reflexively.

They probably only met the single farmer because the show's budget was allocated to all the Aschen scenes and special effects, and they couldn't afford more actors.
                            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

And we have no idea how large those people's farms are. According to Daniel they went from millions to thousands after the vaccine, so the people probably own quite a bit of land each.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yes, it's also important to remember that they are a dying people and there aren't that many of them left, so you wouldn't expect to see lots of them everywhere you go anyway.
                                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Working...
                                X