Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much still this...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    A great sequel to the episode in season 4 - 2010, and one that I really enjoy watching just to see Kinsey's face at the end. Priceless!

I cringe every single time when Carter's hanging over that open wormhole and she cuts that rope... you just know that's going to hurt so bad...

We finally meet a race that is eager to share, and well... it's just too easy and too eager. As a viewer you're just waiting for that moment when they figure it out, while all along you're going "Oh ****, noooooooooooooo! They'll be your downfall!"... and that's the beauty of this episode I think, for me anyway.

Too bad, Faxon doesn't survive. Ah, he was such a great guy. When he walks into the gate room the first time and they're looking him over, the way he's dressed.
    How would you rate SG-1's "2001?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

**********Edit*************

3-episode quiz: The Tomb, Between Two Fires & 2001

Jigsaw puzzle: 2001
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 July 2018, 02:50 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

11:04

Comment

I think I like this episode more than 2010. We already know the plot because of the first episode. So the suspense is how we discover the Aschen are evil. I think what really sells this episode is how all of SG1 is responsible for saving Earth. Daniel discovered the deception. Jack was the one able to outsmart both Kinsey and our bueracrats. (Yes I realize the contradiction). Carter had to make the hard decision. If she had tried to save Joe, Earth would have been severly damaged. Its kind of sad when you see her cut the rope. Teal'c was there saying indeed. Since we never see the Aschen again, I always assumed they were wiped out because of those hostile gate address. Its a good. I got a perfect score with 8 minutes 33 seconds
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

They got sucked through the black hole into oblivion... seems like a fitting end to these guys. With that kind of patience, what better than a slow pull into nothingness.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            They got sucked through the black hole into oblivion... seems like a fitting end to these guys. With that kind of patience, what better than a slow pull into nothingness.

Comment

9:39 -- time to go to sleep.

Comment

15.09. Time I was put to sleep, I'm just embarrassing myself
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

The relativity would in fact make the blackhole gate so slow that it shouldn't be reachable.
                  But assuming it still is reachable, unless the next fool calling figures the same sgc trick to jolt the stream away, the blackhole gate is busy, forever.

That means when Sam blows a star with it, the previous call (Ashen) is already closed or wasn't made. Either way, the Ashen are alive and well, and pissed. Sorry.

Definitely had a trilogy possibility here.

Comment

Originally posted by donald85 View Post
                    The relativity would in fact make the blackhole gate so slow that it shouldn't be reachable.
                    But assuming it still is reachable, unless the next fool calling figures the same sgc trick to jolt the stream away, the blackhole gate is busy, forever.

That means when Sam blows a star with it, the previous call (Ashen) is already closed or wasn't made. Either way, the Ashen are alive and well, and pissed. Sorry.

Definitely had a trilogy possibility here.
                    Dude, you just made my head spin.

Carter, is that you?

Comment

Wasn't the gate destroyed when the star exploded?

JACOB
                      It's likely the Gate won't last long but we figure it'll be long enough.
                      DANIEL
                      Ah, excuse me, but wasn't the Gate on P3W 451 sucked into the black hole a long time ago?
                      CARTER
                      Not necessarily. That planet was probably ripped to pieces but it could take years for that matter to spiral into the event horizon especially given the time distortion

Comment

More headspinning...

Comment

Originally posted by enibas5 View Post
                          <snip> Also having her lying on the ramp, without the others reacting appropiate to it,
                          leaves that ending to be received as quite odd.<snip>
                          Yes...I felt the same way! I expected a shocked and concerned reaction from the team, who didn't know yet what was going on. At least Daniel would have rushed over to her (probably all three).
                          I've ret-conned it in my head that Kinsey's presence, with all his disapproval and political puppeteering, is the reason they are so restrained.

It's a good episode on rewatch.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*giggles*

I'm house hunting and I just found a house for sale in a village called Mollem (Belgium).
                            I'm obviously amused.

Comment

What I couldn't understand why they had to bury the Volian civiliazation on their planet in the first place. I mean they can move the Stargate andthe DHD to an other location where no visitors would ever find out that there used to be an advanced civilization on the other side of the planet. It is only a cool scifi story, but not really believable as it would need a horrible amount of resources to hide all the ruins underground.

Am I the only one what would like to see more Aschen story? It would be cool to see an "2100" story. Solare flares... Aschens have ended in the future, then they want to prevent their own destruction etc.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 02 March 2020, 10:42 AM.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Platschu, I was under the impression that they were hiding the former society from the current inhabitants, and that the Aschen weren't aware of the Stargate network.

Also, look around, most ancient societies do end up buried, one way or another.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X