2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 and this one was so good. Too bad for Joe, he seemed nice
    Just like Nareem (sp) in the previous ep.

Comment

A great sequel to the episode in season 4 - 2010, and one that I really enjoy watching just to see Kinsey's face at the end. Priceless!

I cringe every single time when Carter's hanging over that open wormhole and she cuts that rope... you just know that's going to hurt so bad...

We finally meet a race that is eager to share, and well... it's just too easy and too eager. As a viewer you're just waiting for that moment when they figure it out, while all along you're going "Oh ****, noooooooooooooo! They'll be your downfall!"... and that's the beauty of this episode I think, for me anyway.

Too bad, Faxon doesn't survive. Ah, he was such a great guy. When he walks into the gate room the first time and they're looking him over, the way he's dressed.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

2010 and 2001 were nice pair. Some people wish we had more episodes with the Aschen, but I felt the two eps. were satisfying and complete.

Comment

I liked this episode but thought it odd they didn't go back for the guy. I don't think the Ashen actually had hand weapons on the planet because they attack the guy by hand at the end.

Comment

This was one spooky episode. I did like it. Nice way that Daniel tricked Oreck into revealing the translation. Jack disliking the Aschen because they had no sense of humor Classic Jack . Losing Joe was sad, but I suppose we should have expected that, since any guy who gets interested in Sam, does not end well.
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanysh View Post
              Why did Major Carter have to send in her SG1 code at the end? Didn't that actually open the Iris and open the potential possibility that the bio-weapon would make it through the gate? The only other way to look at it is that the Aschen have a signal to open the Iris? Or did the Aschen not know about the Iris at all? Making the attack on Earth futile from the very beginning. Also why didn't the ambassador climb down the rope with her?

This ending is sloppy sloppy sloppy.
              Thought so, too. But I never bothered to really look into it until today.
              Watching the ending very closely this time, it showed that Carter did not know what was going on exactly BEFORE she entered the Iris code. Only after that she saw the bomb. So in fact, she accidently opened the iris for the bomb to come through. Before that, she just wanted to check what was going on and getting herself and the ambassador out of this mess - most likely open the iris and tell the ambassador to follow.
              Still, one wonders why at the very end she did not tell the ambassador to jump, which would still have been better than the alternative. Also having her lying on the ramp, without the others reacting appropiate to it,
              leaves that ending to be received as quite odd.
              Unfortunately ever so often those flaws do not get obvious until the final cutting. By then it is too late to shoot the extra footage without major effort and expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                I love how they did a follow-up on the Aschen here. I really hope the pitched idea on more of them in Season Eight holds true. I thought 2010's ending wasn't quite as good on its own without 2001's.
                Yes, 2010 was a was great episode but the ending made no sense without this episode.

It was nice to see O'Neill voice the same opinion of that note that I had when I watched 2010.

However, it is a little disturbing just how cold-hearted the Hammond and SG-1 are. Granted they didn't know Faxon very well but they all seemed more concerned with delighting in Kinsey's impotent rage and never batted an eye that the poor ambassador was dead. Carter never even bothered to say that the guy probably saved the world by giving up his chance to get home, and most likely his life.

And it isn't the first time. That episode where the Stargate was stuck open by a wormhole and one of Jack's old comrades tied helping him close it. It just ended without Jack showing one iota of compassion or regret. No heart.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                This was one spooky episode. I did like it. Nice way that Daniel tricked Oreck into revealing the translation. Jack disliking the Aschen because they had no sense of humor Classic Jack . Losing Joe was sad, but I suppose we should have expected that, since any guy who gets interested in Sam, does not end well.
                I was just about to post the same thing.

Not only that, but two in a row.
                Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 19 August 2015, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Spooky, yes and I was waiting for the moment they all realized the truth.
                  Poor Joe, he died (?) in shiny shoes.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Very good episode and I enjoy it more than the first. Mollem played his role very well, he's a creepy dude especially when giving Sam that "look". I would have enjoyed more insight into Aschen society though.

A couple of questions..

1. Was that a bio weapon they were trying to send to Earth?
                    2. Was the farmer guy trying to give Daniel/Teal'c a clue about the Aschen or was he honestly oblivious? I like to believe the former..
                    3. Would they really dial the blackhole planet without any sort of precaution? And what other planets do you think they were given? I'm guessing the planets from Entity and maybe Watergate. And Urgo's world, haha.

Comment

#1, I believe it was a plague genetically engineered to wipe out only humans.

#2, sadly, I think the latter is more likely. He'd grown up under the Aschen and had no other frame of reference.

#3 I certainly hope so.

Seaboe
                      Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 27 May 2016, 07:06 AM.
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        #2, sadly, I think the latter is more likely. He'd grown up under the Aschen and had no other frame of reference.
                        Even with the aging medicine? I forgot how long the city had been reduced to rubble, but I guess it has been quite awhile. So you're probably right.

Comment

Yes, that farmer wasn't a smart-ass, looked quite simple to me.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            Yes, that farmer wasn't a smart-ass, looked quite simple to me.
                            I don't think anyone was saying he was a smart-ass. But I agree with your post nonetheless

Comment

Well, I overdid it a little bit - call it irony!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

The Ashen are a scary race. It is especially creepy when Mollem says that they are a patient people.

I think that this was a good follow up to 2010. I really loved Daniel and Teal'c found the deserted city, and the old library. I always like when Daniel is in his element.

What drives me crazy how Kinsey doesn't even hear that the Ashen was targeting earth with this bioweapon, and he is all freaking out because he is stupid.

I loved Sam a lot in this episode as well-- she truly saved the day! I don't quite understand why Faxon had to die, but I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X