Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2001 (510)

Default Re: 2001 (510)

I am glad the note helped, and prevented the disaster. I think the note was too vague, why not add just the name to it, like write "Aschen" down too?

The note worked but they got lucky, lucky lucky. I mean finding the underground city under the farm, calling their bluff and avoiding the bioweapon? It was too close, but that makes for a good story. Still, if you are going to send a note back from the future, it should try to cover all the bases, they are altering the timeline anyways by doing that, might as well try to alter it in the way they intend rather than leaving the note open to debate and chance.

One other thing is I think they should have mentioned the 'sterility' thing in front of McKinsey and the President, that way they would have much more to go on than their word. The 'translation' final scene was awesome.

I actually saw this episode before I saw the first one, "2012", and it is much better seeing the first one.

The best foreshadowing was this:

"You'll find we are a very patient people, Ambassador."

Very patient indeed

Quote Originally Posted by shinysign View Post
    The best foreshadowing was this:

"You'll find we are a very patient people, Ambassador."

Very patient indeed
    I really liked that line as well. I saw this before 2010 too, so its significance was lost on me the first time around, but after seeing 2010 that line really stood out.

Good episode but I liked 2010 better .

The Aschen , I just hate them , I can understand Jack being suspicious to them from the beginning.

And Kinsey ,as always the big *******.
    Oh and remember its O'Neill with two L's.....

Rating : 7 / 10
    Last edited by balo; April 16th, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Do you think all Aschen are like that, or only the leadership? I wonder if some of their own people are oppressed?

We should go free the slave worlds now.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    Do you think all Aschen are like that, or only the leadership? I wonder if some of their own people are oppressed?

We should go free the slave worlds now.
    I'd guess not, since the Aschen tend to make people they don't like disapear.

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak View Post
    I like how the episodes within this story arc all are dates.
    Yes that was nioce. It explains the episode more.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

I feel sorry for the ambassador, he is such a nice guy and probably the only one interested in Carter's technobubbles!

It would be better if they bring Kinsey along and left him on the ship or let him 'bang' on the iris when he tried to go through the stargate back to Earth.

I agree, Dinoman, but I would'nd have banged him on the Iris. I would have sent him to the Black Hole Planet(and later get killed).

Smile Re: 2001 (510)

Hi, so this is my first post. Hello guys, "long time reader, first time poster"

I allways had this question, what really happened to the aschen.
    Spoiler:
    The SGC gave them stargate address for a planet near a black hole, but they had ships.

And we know that they had other planets under a farming regieme so what ever happened to them...?

thanks

RG

That was a very emotional ep for me, after the dark ending of 2010 and the previous ep (Between Two Fires - I liked Narim a lot, but TPTB decided to get rid of every Sam's suitor, eh? )

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman View Post
    It surprised me that they never proposed to go rescue Joe. I'm pretty sure they would have for anyone else. I hope it's because TPTB plan to do something with him and not just to get rid of another one of Carter's suitors, because they've already shown us they could have ended up married and that would have killed the SJ ship Then again, I like Joe way better than Shanahan.
    Same here. What happened to "leave nobody behind"??
    Why didn't Joe simply jump down, anyway?
    I really liked this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinoman View Post
    I feel sorry for the ambassador, he is such a nice guy and probably the only one interested in Carter's technobubbles!

It would be better if they bring Kinsey along and left him on the ship or let him 'bang' on the iris when he tried to go through the stargate back to Earth.
    *nod nod*
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

i guess this just shows that even tho they didn't go to the world future sg1 told them not to go to they were meant to meet them because they still met them anyway.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Will Kinsey *ever* go away??

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Give it 2 seasons.
    3 seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Just finished watching this ep. Good, enjoyable, but flawed.

1. When O'Neill says the first address is to a black hole, and the rest get progressively worse...what exactly is worse than dialling a black hole?
    2. What would have happened with the deadly gate addresses if the Aschen had turned out to be benign (obviously, we know they weren't, but the SGC didn't)?
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    2. What would have happened with the deadly gate addresses if the Aschen had turned out to be benign (obviously, we know they weren't, but the SGC didn't)?
    didn't they change the addresses or something after they found out the aschens intentions
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Probably, even though it wasn't shown.

I loved this ep, great follow-up to 2010. The Aschen are so creepy! Still, it's unfortunate that they have Earth's dialing coordinates.

I enjoyed this when watching it, but thinking about it later it seems this ep was unusually full of plotholes. I had a hard time believing how fast Jackson managed to translate the Volian newspapers, without any aid at all. Were the Volians after all some transplanted Welshmen, since he said it was closely related to ancient Welsh?

And where the heck did that bioweapon in the harvester come from?
    Last edited by maneth; September 29th, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1239 View Post
    didn't they change the addresses or something after they found out the aschens intentions
    I may have to rewatch the ep but I'm pretty sure they would have witheld the addresses and given more benign ones later if the Aschen had turned out to be benign.

I loved it. I just want to smack kinsey though the self rightous, egotistical, zealout.

Did anyone else notice the language of the "Welsh" dialect speaking extinct people is English. The Newspaper when shown on the overhead projector when SG-1 is being briefed is English but with each letter as the one before it in the alphabet.

The newspaper for instance is called "Uif Mpmjbo Wpjdf" and the headline says "Wbddjof gspn ofxdpnfst dbvtft tufsjmjuw" If you replace the letters, it becomes "The Lolian Voice" and "Vaccine from newcomers causes sterility."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast