This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Greetings."

You know, this is the second time Thor saved a couple members of SG-1 just before they met their doom. I guess he likes to make an entrance...er...make their entrance, anyway.

The Asgard rule.
    Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Originally posted by Avalar
    You know, this is the second time Thor saved a couple members of SG-1 just before they met their doom. I guess he likes to make an entrance...er...make their entrance, anyway.

The Asgard rule.

LOL!
    I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

w00t, more Asgard lore. *NEW ORDER SPOILERS*
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      Apparantly they have a ship called "Valhalla" that was led by Aegir, who is the God of the Sea in Norse mythology. This is a strange combination because in Norse myth, "Valhalla" was Odin's hall, as Beliskner was Thor's. I have a feeling that the Asgard Odin will make a climactic appearance in Season 8, as it seems odd that the writers would have avoided the chief Norse god all these years.

In addition, the planet Halla was located in the "Othala" galaxy. Othala is one of the Norse runes and stands for "roots" or "retreat". This indicates Halla was, or is, one of the original Asgard worlds. Well, was, anyway.

That one Asgard with the oval-shaped gem thingy in his upper chest is NOT Odin, as I originally thought from "Red Sky" (The whole "Eye of Odin" thing). I do not recognize his name from Norse myth...it started with a "P" but I've never heard it before at all.

Thor's new ship is named "Daniel Jackson". LOL that is a friggen hilarious scene, O'Neill messing with the lights.

More to come, hopefully...
      Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Othala is a planet. Isn't it? The Fifth Race's planet. I thought the galaxy was Ida.
        sigpic

Comment

Quote:

"This is the Asgard planet, Othala, in the galaxy of Ida."
          sigpic

Comment

No, they did say Othala Galaxy, I think its a blooper.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yeh, and I'm taking the asgard from Fifth Race's word over Sams.....was it sam?
              sigpic

Comment

In Fifth Race they said : Ida Galaxy, Planet Othala

In New Order they said: Othala Galaxy

And they said it like 3 times too. It wasn't like a one time thing.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Daniel called it the Othalla galaxy, and there's no reason it can't be both. Maybe the Asgard named a colony planet in the Ida galaxy after the name of their own galaxy after they spread there.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Possible....but the asgard have never given any indication of being in any other galaxy than Ida/Othala, and ours.

In fact, it's quite the opposite, or there would be more asgard spread out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Asgard timing, and new planet called home.
                      Something how it works out in a spiffy package.

Comment

Working...
                      X