No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anybody notice that the Thor puppet seemed a little wobbly?

It seemed to me that whatever method they used to hold him up
    cause him to move a bit more than I was used to seeing in previous
    seasons. It got to be a bit distracting. He was always trembling
    just a bit whenever he talked.

Did you see that?

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
    appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
    full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
    in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

I didn't see the thor puppet wobble or anything, but thats just me, haha... His walking seemed perfect 'asgard' walking to me
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by P90
        I can already tell this season is going to be one of the best. I cannot wait to see the Repli-lator* more this season.

*Replicator Annihilator

"Replilator", were it actually a real word, would actually mean "Repli carrier"...

The lator part comes from the fourth principle part of the verb fero, ferre, tuli, latus, which means "to bear/carry".

So, there isn't anyway you could get "Replicator annihilator" from the definition of the imaginary "replilator".

Sorry, bud.

Comment

OK, so if the other system lords didn't bring anyone with them, how come Yu was allowed to?

Comment

Originally posted by SpACatta
            "Replilator", were it actually a real word, would actually mean "Repli carrier"...

The lator part comes from the fourth principle part of the verb fero, ferre, tuli, latus, which means "to bear/carry".

So, there isn't anyway you could get "Replicator annihilator" from the definition of the imaginary "replilator".

Sorry, bud.
            ...in her best weary Jack- getting-too-much-information-voice " Catta..."
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

And another thing... in the scene where the SG team is dispersing after having brought back the system lords... was Ford among them? I don't know his looks well enough to recognize him with certainty, but something went "click" in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                Yep. He likes Turkey and Star Wars, and dounuts.
                ... and women doing battle in a ring of jello.

But he does not consume bovine lactose at any temperature (except maybe the Ben & Jerry's he wolfed down in Prometheus)...
                Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                  I don't know, Baal is a snappier dresser...and as far as cold, calculating cruelty - Baal still has the edge.
                  Baal has the evil look, how can you take 5th seriously as a 'bad ass' with that hair?

Comment

Originally posted by SpACatta

Sorry, bud.
                    I'd like to prove this mathimaticly if I could...

(Replicator - cator) + (Annihilator - annihi) = Repli-lator

Notice the hyphen.

And now for something completely different...I loved the interaction between Thor, Teal'c, Daniel, and O'Neill on the DJ.

Comment

I just caught something.

The japaneese system lord made some comment about us being unable to 'maintain' the Ancient weapon....when she knows, and she knows that we know, that Ancient tech is always designed to last millions of years without being serviced.

What a stupid comment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P90
                        And now for something completely different...I loved the interaction between Thor, Teal'c, Daniel, and O'Neill on the DJ.
                        I agree. I loved the various combinations of team characters and their interactions in this one.

Camulus' role will be interesting.
                        It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                          But he does not consume bovine lactose at any temperature (except maybe the Ben & Jerry's he wolfed down in Prometheus)...
                          Excuse me? Type again?

(Sorry, but I don't think I caught that episode yet.)
                          I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

The Changeling:
                            "Why don't you try a glass of warm milk"
                            Teal'c: "I prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature."

I'm pretty sure Tuvok on ST: Voy made the exact same comment to Neelix.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just 'cause gripes last with me a little longer than good stuff, I've got a couple of 'em about "New Order"....

1) What was with the tank tops on Sam and Teal'c? Okay, they looked good on them, but they didn't seem very professional. Certainly not very Air Force looking.

2) It seemed at times that the humor was a little TOO self-depricating, especially Daniel in the first part. After a while it mellowed out a little.

3) ShadowMaat has said there was too much ship, but I found the exact opposite. When hologram Jack is talking to Daniel, Teal'c and Thor, not a mention that Sam might be dead, and certainly no emotion from it. Same was true when he woke up and didn't remember anything. Seemed odd. Although Teal'c reaction when he first realized she might be dead was really touching.

4) Daniel has an excuse for not knowing that guns don't do squat on the humanoid replicators; he wasn't there. But Jack and Teal'c should have known better.

5) Sam seemed a bit out of character the whole ep. In the cargo ship with Teal'c, crying after Fifth's torture, and all shaky during the promotion. Something just didn't sit right with me.

6) Was Thor's voice a bit different, or am I just crazy (or both)?

Don't get me wrong, I really liked this ep. But these are things that just stood out at me.

Okay, some positive points...

1) Liked the new opening credits. Subtle changes, yet, but adding the Antarctica dogfight was nice.

2) Jack when interfaced with the Asgard ship. Even as a hologram, he's still got it!

3) The repli-sam. Hopefully they won't drop that storyline into plot hole hell. It's just too juicy.

4) The whole "what's with the hair" bit. Priceless.

I'll have more later...
                              Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Thor didn't seem as tired. He could have been drinking asgard coffee....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X