Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob nothing.

Comment

Pretty Good episode. The Replicators are given a huge blow, or did they.

The whole exchange of Whats, after Thor says this ship's name was funny.

Also, the scene were Jack is with SG-1 and debating whether he should accept the promotion, was awesome.

Monday, the SGC is on lockdown.
      sigpic

Comment

I do like the replicators. Just not the human form ones. Fifth was the best thing about the human form replicators. He was pretty interesting.

God I laughed at the part where Jack played around with the power on Thor's ship it's so like Jack. I'm gonna miss his messing around in the last seasons.

Lucky the Asgard had the Tau'ri to save their little grey butts again.
        sigpic

Comment

O'NEILL: Do we know this…shrub?
          WEIR: Well you know him rather well. Brigadier General Jack O'Neill.

One of many great moments in this episode. Jack being promoted, well deserved and good that he was thought of as the best candidate to command the SGC. Kinsey must have loved hearing of this!

Fifth was fantastic as the hurt angry 'adolescent', taking it out on Sam who betrayed him. It must have been so hard to for her to see him again knowing what he would be feeling and what she was too after they left him behind. His mixed up emotions of love and hurt were so well played out in that weird fantasy he created.

Some lovely comedy moments too, which worked well to lighten what would have been such serious moments, Jack's mind interfaced with Thor's ship's computer, still finding time to be silly with the lighting despite the fact he was at death's door.

CARTER: If you don't take the job, we could end up with someone much worse.

That cracks me up every time, especially with the look on Jack's face. It's moments like these that show how much of a friendship they all had and they could banter casually amongst themselves. This is what made SG-1 so much fun to watch.

Comment

That, and Daniel slyly suggesting Jack could "do anything he wanted"...*snerk*....oh they know him so well!!!...

My hubby held that Anti-Replicator Gun once at the Norco Set Tour....he didn't shout "Who's ya Daddy?" though!!..

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. Either didn't notice or didn't remember how snarky "perhaps there's no great wisdom in this" actually was...

2. Certainly didn't clock Thor's raised eyebrow when Jack wiped the humanoid replicator with the ARW! "It had to do something"

3. Don't think Mum clocked that Jack wouldn't be in the field regularly for a while.

Still solid...and this set up Atlantis!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Good to know Jack's not lost his sense of humour after all that.
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

A seson of change. That is the highlight of season 8 and this episode in general. A lot of things change. I repeat for this review what I said in this previous review. I love the child like nature of Fifth as he tries to trick Sam. It so interesting to see what links he will go to convince Sam to like him. Although the highlight has to go to Sam when she says her real friends know she would rather be dead a slave to Fifth. The Goa'uld for this episode kind of fade into the background which isn't a bad thing but interesting none the less. I wasn't that suprised of Camulus betrayed the System Lords. In the end the only thing a Goa'uld cares about is themself. I really like Jack and Thor developing an Ancient weapon to defeat the Replicators. I remember this being the episode I thought Reese's "father" was an Ancient. How would the Ancients know how to build an anti-Replicator if they hadn't encountered the Replicators?

A big nitpick of this episode is the lack of clarity of describing how Sam escaped the ship's destruction
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Well they may not know of the Reps but Jack does and if the Ancient knowledge gives him a better understanding of how they function he'd be able to fix something up.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Jack wouldn't be able to use the Ancient knowledge if the Ancients hadn't seen a lifeform simliar to the Replicators. Otherwise they never would have invented the technolgy
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Who says they invented it? They may just have known of the theoretical concept.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Well SGA kind of verifies it
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, fair enough
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

really enjoyed the starter to season 8.

Some classic comedy moments. I agree with others there wasn't much concern on Jacks face when he realised Sam was presumed dead, in fact i half expected him to ask where she was when he woke up from cryostasis but he didn't. Although as usual he was the first by her side when they found her.

loved the conversation SG1 had discussing Jack's promotion, and ragarding promotions, the official ceremony with everyone in their dress blues and Sams promotion and the whole looks between Sam and Jack during that.....oh dear think i had better go back to the shippers threads

overall tho i really enjoyed it, and Jack designed a big honking space gun!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Jack wouldn't be able to use the Ancient knowledge if the Ancients hadn't seen a lifeform simliar to the Replicators. Otherwise they never would have invented the technolgy
                                Which makes sense when you see that they created them (well the asurans)...

Comment

Working...
                                X