No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resting on your technological laurels almost always comes back to bite you in the end. Tech changes, and if you can't keep up (or even run on the leading edge), you will be left behind and/or destroyed.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Completely forgot what this episode was all about... no honestly, didn't have a clue.

There's only one word to accurately describe this episode: TRAP!

SG-1 was apparently held into high respect by Omac which means they can be present at his funeral, after which they are invited back by Travell to discuss a possible exchange of technology. That, in on itself, should have set off an insane amount of alerts, all resulting in TRAP!. If it wasn't for Narim's "intervention" they wouldn't have given the sudden 180 a second thought.

It's an interesting episode where one race is duped into giving up technology in order to safe themselves, although I highly doubt Tanith and his master would have kept their end of the bargain. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't have as soon as they had assimilated the Tollan technology. A few Tollan hosts would have been added to the collective and voila... Tollana would have no longer been of use.

I think Travell knew she was seeing to their own doom no matter how it would turn out and I'm sure she could visualize Omac telling her 'I told you so'. But in desperate times, people do tend to do desperate things for their own survival.

It's pretty good episode -- solid. Just too bad, Narim had to die.

How would you rate SG-1's "Between Two Fires?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes. I like seeing the introduction of this mysterious Goa'uld. As wrong as it may be i actually can understand why Travell did what she did. It is hard to be ethical when your people are at stake. Its an excellent
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

3-episode quiz: The Tomb, Between Two Fires & 2001

Jigsaw puzzle: Between Two Fires

Comment

8:32

Comment

7 minutes 18 seonds
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh... 7 seconds faster than the master... 7:11..

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                  X