No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice seeing Narim again, though it's not a happy reunion as it seems. Tollana is about to bite the dust.

Tanith... he's still alive. How nice!

I was convinced that Travell was a Goa'uld. I thought that was what happened in this episode. Obviously that wasn't the case.

When society relies on technology to safe them, certain doom will befall them in the end when technology fails to do just that.

And really, Earth... are we that naive to believe a technologically advanced race is suddenly going to exchange technology with us primitives... just like that... TRAP!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Like the episode. Like others I would think a race that advanced would have come up with a new way to defend themselves. A delivery system for those bombs should have be easy compared to making them.

I don't think Earth would have sacrifice itself to help the Tollans. I'm reminded of an episode from last season where Jack was willing to destroy another race for a mistake caused by Earth to protect a different race.

Comment

I was surprised by how sad the ending still makes me, even after multiple viewings and well over a decade later. It's a very bittersweet episode to rewatch knowing what will happen in the end.

I still enjoy it a lot, although it is a little disconcerting to consider how they went, in just a few years, from being almost wiped out to relocating and rebuilding to being wiped out. I agree with the points others have made about their isolation and arrogance being the death of them. Still, despite all their flaws, I was sad to see them go.

Comment

So, the Tollans are not almighty and all-knowing. Hoped to hear from them again - nothing.
          Second hope: survival of Schroedinger.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

It IS a pity we never heard from them again, even just some stragglers who were off world at the time..

Comment

The one with "no name" doesn't mess around It's good to see some level of competency return to the Goa'uld again.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              It IS a pity we never heard from them again, even just some stragglers who were off world at the time..
              Narim comes back in a way

Comment

Technological advanced, but naive. Narim been shocked that politician are lying to the people.
                Or Travell thinking there would be no consequences building bombs for the Goa'uld. She didn't figure out, that the first bomb would be send to earth with best regards from the one "you are not worth to know his name". Well, i guess its well-known how trustworthy the Goa'uld are.

Comment

Its not they are not aware of what is going on. The Tollans just have no defense against this new Goa'uld
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree with jelgate - they wanted to save their own asses, no matter what would be sacrificed.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                      I agree with jelgate - they wanted to save their own asses, no matter what would be sacrificed.
                      Yup, but Travell still looked very surprised and helpless, in view of the consequence.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't get Tobin Bell to play Omoc again before he died. I remember him being quite Saw-like in Enigma

The little tidbit about how him respecting the Tau'ri was a nice touch. And Omoc wasn't too concerned about saving his own ass..

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Something most of us would do
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Something most of us would do
                            True dat. You always take care of your own first.

Comment

Slightly adapted Darwinism.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Omac has been murdered. Travell is finally willing to part with the Tollan ion canons in trade for trinium. Then she wants to use that trinium for a weapon of mass destruction for the Goa'uld, so the Tollan won't get destroyed. The Goa'uld want her to send that weapon to Earth-- she shouldn't have been surprised with that demand. For a superior race, they got way too comfortable in their technology, that they didn't try to advance it anymore before they got in trouble with the Goa'uld.

So, it came down to a handful of Tollan to make these horrible decisions for their people in secret. Omac knew it was wrong, which is why he was killed. Thankfully, for earth, Narim still has his moral compass, and destroyed that weapon. Unfortunately, that decision also resulted in the destruction of his people.

This was a good episode. I hope that Schroedinger is still roaming around the SGC somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X