Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Between Two Fires (509)

The one with "no name" doesn't mess around It's good to see some level of competency return to the Goa'uld again.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    It IS a pity we never heard from them again, even just some stragglers who were off world at the time..
    Narim comes back in a way

Technological advanced, but naive. Narim been shocked that politician are lying to the people.
    Or Travell thinking there would be no consequences building bombs for the Goa'uld. She didn't figure out, that the first bomb would be send to earth with best regards from the one "you are not worth to know his name". Well, i guess its well-known how trustworthy the Goa'uld are.

Its not they are not aware of what is going on. The Tollans just have no defense against this new Goa'uld
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I agree with jelgate - they wanted to save their own asses, no matter what would be sacrificed.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I agree with jelgate - they wanted to save their own asses, no matter what would be sacrificed.
    Yup, but Travell still looked very surprised and helpless, in view of the consequence.

Too bad they couldn't get Tobin Bell to play Omoc again before he died. I remember him being quite Saw-like in Enigma

The little tidbit about how him respecting the Tau'ri was a nice touch. And Omoc wasn't too concerned about saving his own ass..

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Something most of us would do
    Jelgate is right

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Something most of us would do
    True dat. You always take care of your own first.

Slightly adapted Darwinism.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Omac has been murdered. Travell is finally willing to part with the Tollan ion canons in trade for trinium. Then she wants to use that trinium for a weapon of mass destruction for the Goa'uld, so the Tollan won't get destroyed. The Goa'uld want her to send that weapon to Earth-- she shouldn't have been surprised with that demand. For a superior race, they got way too comfortable in their technology, that they didn't try to advance it anymore before they got in trouble with the Goa'uld.

So, it came down to a handful of Tollan to make these horrible decisions for their people in secret. Omac knew it was wrong, which is why he was killed. Thankfully, for earth, Narim still has his moral compass, and destroyed that weapon. Unfortunately, that decision also resulted in the destruction of his people.

This was a good episode. I hope that Schroedinger is still roaming around the SGC somewhere.

Midfielder

Resting on your technological laurels almost always comes back to bite you in the end. Tech changes, and if you can't keep up (or even run on the leading edge), you will be left behind and/or destroyed.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Completely forgot what this episode was all about... no honestly, didn't have a clue.

There's only one word to accurately describe this episode: TRAP!

SG-1 was apparently held into high respect by Omac which means they can be present at his funeral, after which they are invited back by Travell to discuss a possible exchange of technology. That, in on itself, should have set off an insane amount of alerts, all resulting in TRAP!. If it wasn't for Narim's "intervention" they wouldn't have given the sudden 180 a second thought.

It's an interesting episode where one race is duped into giving up technology in order to safe themselves, although I highly doubt Tanith and his master would have kept their end of the bargain. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't have as soon as they had assimilated the Tollan technology. A few Tollan hosts would have been added to the collective and voila... Tollana would have no longer been of use.

I think Travell knew she was seeing to their own doom no matter how it would turn out and I'm sure she could visualize Omac telling her 'I told you so'. But in desperate times, people do tend to do desperate things for their own survival.

It's pretty good episode -- solid. Just too bad, Narim had to die.

How would you rate SG-1's "Between Two Fires?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

This is one of my favorite episodes. I like seeing the introduction of this mysterious Goa'uld. As wrong as it may be i actually can understand why Travell did what she did. It is hard to be ethical when your people are at stake. Its an excellent
    Jelgate is right

3-episode quiz: The Tomb, Between Two Fires & 2001

Jigsaw puzzle: Between Two Fires
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

8:32

7 minutes 18 seonds
    Jelgate is right

Oh... 7 seconds faster than the master... 7:11..