• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between Two Fires (509)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509

The Tollan offer Earth advanced weapons technology, prompting a secret investigation on Tollana -- one that leads to a startling discovery.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:41 PM.

Man I loved this episode. First off, it was great to see the Tollan again, but once we got to freshen up our relationship with them, they're pretty much wiped out. I hope we see the Tollan again, I think they were a great race, and I would've taken those lasers, even if they didn't work against Anubis' ships, they still would've worked against the other System Lords...not like we have to worry about Anubis anymore anyways...

Phil
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

yea i thought it was a great episode too, i was confused though i mean did they all get whipped out? i thought they would have some trick up there sleeve cuase they really trashed those first motherships in enigma i think it was, i hope to see em agian soon too i thought they would make a good 6th race..us being the 5th lol

Comment

According to Joe M. the Tollan have been completely wiped out.

Yeah, they were able to mop up with the gou'ald in "Pretense", but since then Anubis has come on the scene and he has imporved shields, etc etc, the Tollan were too arrogant and self-assured of their superiority and they lost their advantage by not pressing it, or using it to develop bigger and better weapons.

Sure it was nice to see them from time to time, and I do hope that some of them did survived, but I think they got what was coming to them, in that they needed some one to knock them down a peg or two, of course it's too bad it took their whole population dying for that to happen
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

The tollans were idiots, why not just give Tanith the phase-shift missles, as in armed and just about to explode.

Tanith: Give me you weapons! Muahahahahahahahha!
          Tollan: Ok.
          *Tollan presses button*
          *Missles fire*
          *missles phase through shields to mother ship and explode*

Tanith: Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            The tollans were idiots, why not just give Tanith the phase-shift missles, as in armed and just about to explode.

Tanith: Give me you weapons! Muahahahahahahahha!
            Tollan: Ok.
            *Tollan presses button*
            *Missles fire*
            *missles phase through shields to mother ship and explode*

Tanith: Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
            I had thought of that too, the only reason I can come up with is that they didn't have a delivery method, no 'rocket' or whatever to deliver the weapon to the ship. they were designed to go through a stargate not travel in space... well that's my theory anyway

Besides Tanith wanted them to send the first device through the stargate to earth.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Yeah; basically the ion cannons were the trick up their sleeves, and Anubis' new shields kind of stole the coat.

It's odd, but I never saw the Tollan as particularly arrogant; at least not until this episode. They had a very good point, and solid reasons for their decision not to give their tech to anyone less developed. I mean, does anyone doubt that at least one of the ion cannons, had they been given to the SGC, would have ended up pointing at the Kremlin? As good as our fellows are, the political realm of Stargate: SG-1 is convincingly flawed and human.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Yeah; basically the ion cannons were the trick up their sleeves, and Anubis' new shields kind of stole the coat.

It's odd, but I never saw the Tollan as particularly arrogant; at least not until this episode. They had a very good point, and solid reasons for their decision not to give their tech to anyone less developed. I mean, does anyone doubt that at least one of the ion cannons, had they been given to the SGC, would have ended up pointing at the Kremlin? As good as our fellows are, the political realm of Stargate: SG-1 is convincingly flawed and human.
                Although i thought that they were arrogant from the start, i agree that they had good reasons for not giving their technology to Earth, it was a good point.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  It's odd, but I never saw the Tollan as particularly arrogant; at least not until this episode.
                  Maybe arrogant is a little harsh. However I definately think they have a superiority complex tending toward arrogance.

In "Enigma" they called us primitive a few times, which I supose we are in comparison, but it's not a very nice way to address the people who are trying to render aid If they had explained to us what was going on instead of treating us with contempt I think things would have gone more smoothly.

In "Pretense" they seemed to think that their security systems were infallible, which they weren't and while they were humble and thanked us, they obviously didn't do much, if anything, between then and "Between to Fires" to fix it/upgrade it which suggests to me a complacency in their own superiority over the Gou'ald.

They had a very good point, and solid reasons for their decision not to give their tech to anyone less developed. I mean, does anyone doubt that at least one of the ion cannons, had they been given to the SGC, would have ended up pointing at the Kremlin? As good as our fellows are, the political realm of Stargate: SG-1 is convincingly flawed and human.
                  I agree that they have good reason to be leary about sharing technology, and I agree that if left to the government at least one of those ion cannons would be aimed at another country, but that doesn't change their attitudes towards other races, and it doesn't make them any less drunk on their own superiority IMO.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    In "Pretense" they seemed to think that their security systems were infallible, which they weren't and while they were humble and thanked us, they obviously didn't do much, if anything, between then and "Between to Fires" to fix it/upgrade it which suggests to me a complacency in their own superiority over the Gou'ald.
                    If you think about it, the Tollan may had been more advanced the Goa'ld at the time, but wow, Anubis's supreme shields did make the Tollan look like little beings.

Comment

They kinda got what they deserved. Don't get me wrong, I liked them, and hope that we see them again, but their arrogance was rather annoying.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                        They kinda got what they deserved. Don't get me wrong, I liked them, and hope that we see them again, but their arrogance was rather annoying.
                        Yah they DID get what they deserved, they were so concieted, they were worst than concieted evil kings and queens
                        Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 05 June 2004, 06:36 PM. Reason: inappropiate

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          Yah they DID get what they deserved, they were so concieted, they were worst than concieted blonde valley girls in California!
                          I take umbrage at that statement. Some of my cousins are blonde valley girls and they're very nice down to earth people They're nothing like the Tollan!

(That was said in a flippant manner just in case it didn't read that way )
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I take umbrage at that statement. Some of my cousins are blonde valley girls and they're very nice down to earth people They're nothing like the Tollan!

(That was said in a flippant manner just in case it didn't read that way )
                            Me so sorry Because i do have alot of blonde friends, haha... I will 'rephrase', once i get an idea to what i want to switch it too... Lemme consult my Drpepper

Comment

There, i changed it

Comment

Working...
                              X