New Order, Part 1 (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    Ah, i see....so he could be sharing something that jack has tried to keep from secret from sam, that the other replicators got from jack? (ok, i am heading in a shippy direction, i admit)
    While that's certainly theoretically possible, PART 2
    Spoiler:
    it's not gonna happen... Sorry...

I also liked Ameratsu trying to flirt with Daniel...and getting nowhere...(First Goa'uld woman to fail at seducing Daniel..)
    Heh heh heh...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      Really liked this episode.

There's nice chemistry between Daniel & Weir, more so than in TLC I think. (Should I start calling her Elizabeth now? Does anyone call her that in Atlantis?)
      McKay occasionally, but not often. Slightly off topic Atlantis
      Spoiler:
      she seems to have decided in her own mind that she needs to keep a bit of a mental distance from the rest of the team. Maybe as things started to go wrong and as she realized she'd need to make many more life and death decisions ... it's really obvious in Home when she drives up to Simon's house and sees him you can almost see her melt, the emotion on her face was, I think, less to do with Simon and more to do with being with someone that she wasn't responsible for their life or death. Very well played, IMO.

Oh god, poor Sam...those torture scenes were actually hard to watch.
      I also found that particular line from Currie chilling, it's one of the better acted breaking under torture scenes I think I've seen. It certainly made me really want to see him die, which is I think the sign of a good villin.

Loved Daniel's "Don't, every joke, every pun done to death, seriously." LOL!
      Loved that line.

Comment

Ah, i see....so he could be sharing something that jack has tried to keep from secret from sam, that the other replicators got from jack? (ok, i am heading in a shippy direction, i admit)
        Perfectly valid thing to explore in fanfic.

there was something about her....like she'd stepped right out the West Wing (and I love west wing, so that's ok).
        I'm sure she would have liked to have just walked off the West Wing set, probably better money But I attribute it to the suit. I have a bunch of avatars from New Order of her waiting when I get to the magical point.

Comment

OK...

1. Very different feel coming into this. Possibly because of lack of Hammond and Jack. Very different dynamics as well.

2. Some mad stunts from Weir at the negotiating table - will be interesting to get to know her in Atlantis.

3. It was wierd for the Goa'uld not to do the glowy eyed thing.

4. "I'm not there yet" from Fifth. Stone cold. There is a reason why the humanoid Replicators are such class bad guys!

5. So where exactly is Sam if the Replicator ship is toast?(rhetorical - don't spoil)
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

OK here goes, i liked the start to the new
            season although it has a very differant feel
            to it, Dr Weir came across very well and to
            be honest i soon found that i'd forgoten that
            she is being played by a differant actress and
            i'm very much looking foreward to seeing her
            in Atlantis.

Teal'c with hair! LOL now that's going to take
            some getting used to

Poor Sam those scenes with 5th was very powerfull and painfull to watch, i really
            do hope tptb don't dispatch 5th to soon as i
            think that he makes one hell of a chilling
            baddie, just looking at how he went from cold
            hard nastyness to soft and tender wow!

I did miss Jack in this opening episode but
            can't wait for next week!
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
              OK...

1. Very different feel coming into this. Possibly because of lack of Hammond and Jack. Very different dynamics as well.

2. Some mad stunts from Weir at the negotiating table - will be interesting to get to know her in Atlantis.

3. It was wierd for the Goa'uld not to do the glowy eyed thing.

4. "I'm not there yet" from Fifth. Stone cold. There is a reason why the humanoid Replicators are such class bad guys!

5. So where exactly is Sam if the Replicator ship is toast?(rhetorical - don't spoil)

1 - Perhaps because Hammond has left the show, and Jack isn't unfrozen yet!

2 - Totally agree, some things she done, I don't think Hammond would have or to that, even Jack.

3 - The Gou'ald don't always do their glowy eyed thingy but it's a nice touch. I've noticed over the past three or four seasons, they don't seem to do it much, if at all.

4 - Fifth had all the right to get his own back on Sam, but it's Sam...nobody can do this!

5 - Interesting...
              __

__

Comment

well I just watched this on video taped from last night on skyone and boy am I glad this show is back.
                An interesting storyline tying in 3 storys into one, that Replicator ship was awesome, and the idea of the Goa'ulds trying to make a treaty was creepy.

I also thought the score on the Replicator ship was great.

cant wait for part 2!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  well I just watched this on video taped from last night on skyone and boy am I glad this show is back.
                  An interesting storyline tying in 3 storys into one, that Replicator ship was awesome, and the idea of the Goa'ulds trying to make a treaty was creepy.

I also thought the score on the Replicator ship was great.

cant wait for part 2!

I actually lost track of time, when it finished, I thought it was only 8:30pm!! I was so annoyed that I had to wait yet another week to see part 2! GRR!
                  __

__

Comment

yeh thats is annoying, but at least we get 2 hours worth!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      yeh thats is annoying, but at least we get 2 hours worth!

True, so did the US. They had both parts on the same night, but as I know we're taking over the US again in episodes, I'm ok with it! lol
                      __

__

Comment

shud have part 1 and 2 of sg1 last night and part 1 and 2 of atlantis next week and then get on with 1 ep of each! ah the dreams!
                        sigpic

Comment

Is anyone keeping track of how many goa'uld vessels SG-1 have acquired and then destroyed, mislaid or whatnot? This little hatak must be at least the thirty sixth. Or something.

Madeleine

Comment

AAAHHH!!!!!

The wait is over!

Loved the season opener. Lots of lovely effects 'n stuff.

Loved the new Weir, I thought she was excellent.

And, though I know some people will hate me for saying it, the episode didn't suffer for the lack of Jack.

Roll on next week!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Is anyone keeping track of how many goa'uld vessels SG-1 have acquired and then destroyed, mislaid or whatnot? This little hatak must be at least the thirty sixth. Or something.

Probably around fourty or something! It certainly isn't a small number!
                              __

__

Comment

i thought the comical element was missing and daniel was trying to fill it in....

personally id like to see more prometheus and x302s!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X