New Order, Part 1 (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    i thought the comical element was missing and daniel was trying to fill it in....

personally id like to see more prometheus and x302s!
    I doubt you have much to worry about there...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
      And, though I know some people will hate me for saying it, the episode didn't suffer for the lack of Jack.
      I'm glad I wasn't the first to mention it.

I'm quite relieved that this didn't totally suck, so no nitpicking from me. Yet.

But was it me or was it a bit strange having to have all these individual relationships emphasised so much? Daniel/Weir, Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Thor, Teal'c/Thor...

What's with Teal'c's hair? I can't believe Sam didn't try to wedge that one into their convo!!

Fantastic though, to see Fifth.

And, on a completely shallow side: what an ep for the letchers!! Daniel, Camulus and Fifth!! Phwoar!!
      (yep, trust the Clanger to lower the tone!)
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

The Daniel/Weir/SL stuff and the Sam/Fifth / Thor/Teal'c stuff all seems very disjointed. Good and dramatic and entertaining, but disjointed. This is definitely an episode that's better when watched with its Part 2, cos
        Spoiler:
        everything comes together quite neatly before you ahve a chance to switch off the television and mull it all over

Having said that, it's still a top notch episode. LOL at Daniel saying "Too dramatic?" just after I'd been rather surprised by the uncharacteristic hamminess
        Rag Doll

I swallowed a bug!

Comment

im looking forward to it, only bout 5 days!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Rag Doll
            Good and dramatic and entertaining, but disjointed. This is definitely an episode that's better when watched with its Part 2
            Both New Order and Rising are best seen as one two hour episode and not two one hour episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              Both New Order and Rising are best seen as one two hour episode and not two one hour episodes.
              And I am really, really hoping that they will be presented that way on DVD. I'm sure 'Rising' will, but I fear 'New Order' won't...
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                What's with Teal'c's hair? I can't believe Sam didn't try to wedge that one into their convo!!
                Actually,that would have been on my list of things to chat about while travelling (long journey=boredom=yap about all kinds of "stuff".) I hope the hair actually gets an on-screen explanation,sometime in the Season.I rather like it ,but I'm biased ! (I know CJ was fed up with getting shaving rash,but there just has to be some ad-libs or explaining Teal'c's hirsute pursuit sometime.)
                Fantastic though, to see Fifth.
                Not for Sam,so far ........I like Patrick Currie in menacing mode, though.
                And, on a completely shallow side: what an ep for the letchers!! Daniel, Camulus and Fifth!! Phwoar!!
                I dunno,I'm supposedly "Bagpuss",(AKA,dreamy, inoffensive, cat)but how low do you want to take this ?
                *Cough*
                Never mind........I've a good imagination,and for your list I'd just like to add : Teal'c,Teal'c Teal'c !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Maybe she had asked about it earlier before the show even happened. Now, Jack was a different story. It showed he was very observant.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    on the dvd's every other two parter has been presented as 2 one hour eps
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know two parters are always better both together so I'll watch New Order Pt. 1 from the Sky+ box again on Tuesday around 7pm to remember what happens, and have the remainder of the storyline to follow. I'll do the same with Atlantis!
                      __

__

Comment

okay, i will admit i letched, quite a bit. And over teal'c too, and i don't normally letch for him. and i did giggle when daniel said 'the game is over! too dramatic?'.

really looking forward to seeing part two. i've seen all these on squinty vision, but you see so much more on the big screen.
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

hehe ill watch it tomorrow anyway!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            okay, i will admit i letched, quite a bit. And over teal'c too, and i don't normally letch for him. and i did giggle when daniel said 'the game is over! too dramatic?'.

Yeah, I think they knew it was too dramatic and added it in on purpose. But I'm glad they enjoy adding comedy and aren't actually afraid to use it like some shows!
                            __

__

Comment

i thought that was quite funny....lol, it seemed he was tryin to fill in jacks part of the comically essense!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                on the dvd's every other two parter has been presented as 2 one hour eps
                                Except 'Lost City'.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X