No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 1 (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, why was there a change of actress for Weir?
    And who ever heard of a goa'uld worrying about humans being enslaved as Camilus told Weir about Baal.
    Besides, IF they defeated Baal, WHO WOULD GET THE KULL WARRIORS?!
    I was almost beginning to think that there was hope that some goa'uld symbiotes that Camilus and Yu could be made into good people........

Originally posted by themyst View Post
    The start of this new season bothered me a bit as there were so many changes at once. A new Dr. Weir, no General Hammond, Teal'c had hair ...

But all in all, I still like it, though it seems to have a feeling of underlying uncertainty to it.

Comment

September 2004: I'd spent most of the previous summer in Romania and in the meantime Gateworld had transferred to VBB. The big news was Atlantis starting up but in the meantime...

Well...we're now getting to the point where my original comment on this ep are viewable on this forum so what else can I say from a 2012 perspective...?

1. Something I forgot, the nations of Earth getting into a spitting contest over Antarctica?

2. Also forgot that there was 'no' Jack in this ep!

3. Sam and Weir exchanging snarks, interesting.

Solid start to the season.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This was a slow start to the 8th season.

So the Asgard were there to help us.

Tomorrow, the conclusion. Will Jack & Sam survive?
        sigpic

Comment

A solid start to the season. Always love seeing the element of desperation amongst the once all powerful Goa'uld in this episode as they 'lower' themselves to negotiate with the Tau'ri. Whilst I liked Jessica Steen as Dr Weir, Torri Higginson picked up here seamlessly and gave a good performance with the poker face and the bluffing.

Comment

A good start to the season I reckon. Although part 2 is much better than part 1.

I'm glad Torri Higginsin is playing Weir now. Oh dear the replicators have escaped the time dilation thingie. Perfect timing by Thor. I have to say the interior of Thor's ship looks terrible. I know it's just a science vessel but still.

The Goa'uld sure are under pressure if they feel the need to negotiate with the Tau'ri. Laughed at Yu spitting out earths terrible food haha.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
              A good start to the season I reckon. Although part 2 is much better than part 1.

I'm glad Torri Higginsin is playing Weir now. Oh dear the replicators have escaped the time dilation thingie. Perfect timing by Thor. I have to say the interior of Thor's ship looks terrible. I know it's just a science vessel but still.

The Goa'uld sure are under pressure if they feel the need to negotiate with the Tau'ri. Laughed at Yu spitting out earths terrible food haha.
              Funny you should mention how bad the interior of Thor's ship looked. I always wondered why until I saw the part of the set that they used to film that episode on one of the set tours. The wall lined with tin foil was still there and was just a part of the studio with a multi-purpose set with that wall, some walkways and metal steps that was just dressed up with other props wheeled in to make it stand in for Thor's ship, along with some tighter filming. This section was used for many scenes in SGA as well, standing in for 'Earth' based offices and parts of Atlantis.

This way they didn't have to rebuild the set that was built for 'Small Victories', due I think to space and cost saving issues with the Atlantis gateroom and SGC's gateroom taking up a lot of studio space along with the 'Prometheus' set, and not forgetting the 'village' set. All those sets were really quite large I thought whilst wandering around them.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Great two parter
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

As a whole I find S8 to best of all of SG1. Thier was no team and every episode was in the SGC on Earth. That said I quite like New Order both parts. This episode really sold Weir and got my interested in SGA. Weir was such a great person to taunt the Goa'uld in their negioations. I just liked seeing her butt head with the rest of the Goa'uld. The Replicators returning to foil the Asgard was preditible but at the same time I liked it. I especially like the interaction between Sam and Fifth. He has the mind of a child but with immense power. Fifth is throwing a tantrum because Sam betrayed him. Its interesting to see how much she wants her suffer.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm happy with Torri Higginson in the role of Dr. Weir, yet I've always wondered: why was the original actress was replaced? Does anyone know?

Comment

I really liked this one. Asgaard, replicators, Goa'uld. Yes, lots of action, and part 2 was also great. Very good season opener

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                        I'm happy with Torri Higginson in the role of Dr. Weir, yet I've always wondered: why was the original actress was replaced? Does anyone know?
                        I've always assumed she looked too "girly", since they made a point of putting Torri in pants.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I liked this episode.
                          Although Sam's discussion with Teal'c was weird. I thought it was a bit out of character. but I liked Teal'c's "knowing" smile when she said it was hard to say goodbye someone you cared because you don't know if you're ever going to see them again. I felt a little shippiness there. Well, it was kind of odd that Sam would go only save Jack, she has a boyfriend, she's supposed to be in love.

I liked new Dr. Weir. I mean, no offence to Jessica Steen but she could have never kicked those Goa'uld butts like Torri did.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I noticed a red phone identical to Gen. Hammonds on the wall of Daniel Jacksons office in this episode. Does this mean Daniel has a direct line to the President?
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice opener with lots of hints for things to come. Thor, Replicators, the bad guys, the good guys - everybody was there and accounted for. I missed Maybourne - kidding!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Like Lost City, New Order is one episode on my DVD set so only one review coming for both parts.

These are DVD's and episodes I have literally never watched after they first aired on TV in the US, so lots of things will feel like --> "Wow, have I seen this before... really?! Can't remember."

New Order is a great start to a new season, and for all intents and purposes a new chapter for SG-1. Jack is gonna end up as base commander. Carter gets promoted and Weir 2.0 (Torri Higginson) goes to oversee the Antarctic outpost.

In the meantime, we have the Asgard and Thor showing up again to fight replicators and Fifth, with Teal'c and Sam, while Daniel and Elizabeth deal with the Goa'uld back on Earth. Ba'al is being shown as a formidable enemy, and he's on his way to become front and center.

So, we have Replicator troubles coming our way... and Ba'al being a pain-in-the-mik'ta for the foreseeable future.

There's plenty of fun interactions between all characters. Great dialogue and great action.

How would you rate SG-1's "New Order, Part 1"?

Excellent

Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

-----------------EDIT----------------

2(4)-episode quiz: Lost City & New Order(s8)

Jigsaw puzzle: New Order, part I

-----------------END EDIT----------------

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                                Allegedly, Jessica Steen didn't want to commit to the role long term so they had to recast.

----------------
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 August 2019, 09:57 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X