No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 1 (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah that little convo between Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, and Thor was entertaining Although i thought Jack was in the spotlight, i thought it was Thor Haha... I think anyone can use the gun, since Thor did use the same kind of gun and made it into a super gun in 'The Daniel Jackson', which i thought was really kewl
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Hi
      Does anyoone have a transcript for this episode and can you please send it to me as I'm from Australia and they dont show it regularily over here. We haven't even seen the final of season 6 and are still waiting for season 4 to come out on DVD. I live off the transcripts so please save me from boredom somebody.

Kyra

Comment

I'll PM you some ways
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Finally, about a month after seeing it, I've got around to writing about New Order.

I really liked it. It was a great follow-up to Lost City and Unnatural Selection. It had everything Stargate does best - action, plot, tension, SFX, humour.... Every character was on-form.

The two plots - the Goa'uld situation and the Asgard/Replicator situation - were both great. The interweaving was pretty minimal (that's a good thing; too much interweaving = jumbled mess) and seamless.

Dr Weir and Daniel had lovely interaction. He seemed to be having a bit of fun keeping her a little off-balance; ("That's the good side?" "More like a slightly less dark side") and impressed by her ability to keep him and the Goa'uld off-balance ("We will?" and "I didn't know you wanted to be a System Lord" LOL)

The treaty with the Goa'uld is interesting. I love the way the Goa'uld don't even *try* to pretend to be friendly. I thought Weir came off well in the negotiating process. It was a nice way to address the Asgard Protected Plantets Treaty-cum-giant-paper-tiger. With the rapacity of the goa'uld well established it was never going to be believable that an ambitious Goa'uld wouldn't try their chances, especially since the Asgard hadn't engaged the Goa'uld since s2. This was good progression. I'm intrigued by Camulus. I hope something interesting comes of his defection.

Teal'c had some good lines. His comeback to Sam's "throw me a bone" - "How is Pete Shanahan?" LOL! But mostly what I noticed about Teal'c was what he was doing in the background - being ready with his gun in a very Teal'cy way, that sort of thing. As always, CJ is super in this ep.

Sam and Fifth work really well together. Fifth is a good successor to Reese. Where she had the capriciousness of a child, he has the frustration and self-righteousness of a teenager. Behind his new-found cruelty there are glimpses of the innocent he was two years ago, which makes his viciousness even more painful to watch. Poor Sam.

Jack just *loved* being interfaced with the ship. The lights, the being able to zip about... And hey, he's interacting with more than one person at a time, YAY! The bit about Teal'c's hair was a scream, it carried shades of Nemesis and Fallen but what it most brought to mind was DS9's Trials and Tribbleations.

I'm not really one for noticing Directing, Camerawork and such - or at least I didn't used to be, but I think all those Director Commentaries are having an effect. I thought this one was superbly directed and designed, especially the bits on Thor's ship, really atmospheric, and on Fifth's ship, really creepy. The shot of Sam in the replicator blocks had a heck of an impact ALTHOUGH NOT HALF AS MUCH AS IF SOME SPOILEY SO-AND-SO HADN'T SPOILED IT FOR ME ALL OVER THE PLACE </rant>.

I was at the end of the episode before I noticed Hammond wasn't there. It isn't that I don't think Hammond was just super, more that the story was such a ride that I was kept distracted from his absence. It's nice to see Jack in charge, I'm glad they're doing it because s7 didn't work for me as well as the rest of the show and mostly that was misuse of Jack (JMO) rather than underuse of him. Loved what Sam had to say; "We could end up with somebody much worse".

As for the very end - does this mean that Fifth and Repli-Sam are the last of the humanoid replicators? Do they now control the replicator collective? I hope that something big happens, Fifthwise, in later s8 or s9.

Now I can't wait to watch it again and pick up all the bits I missed cos I was talking to Gipsy and Sue. Sorry Gipsy and Sue if you missed bits because of me!

Madeleine

Madeleine

Comment

Okay, I had seen this in squinty vision, but now I've seen it full screen and I have to say...Wow! I enjoyed this.

Okay, love action Sam. I really like her taking charge, handing out the big guns..I think it shows how much she's grown. She really is ready to take command now.

Teal'c..big screen means I can see the emotion on his face when he think's Sam's dead. I swear I saw tears in the big guy's eyes. That was so moving, showing how close he's come to these people. He may still call her Major Carter, but he cares deeply about her.

Daniel...I really like this edgy, funny Daniel. Made me giggle a lot. Very Jack like.

Always good to see Thor. Replicator ship was cool. Replicators are scary. I didn't think the human replicator's were scary when we first saw them..I always believe it's a mistake making cold emotionless mechanincal villains human like, I think it makes them less scary. But fifth was chilling here. So unpredictable. So enjoying his capacity for cruelty. And the moments where he was torturing Sam were ....painful. (BTW, I thought I saw in Sam's visions as she was being tortured Jack being tortured by Ba'al...how can that be? She wasn't there).

So yes, I enjoyed this. great beginning. Looking forward to the rest.
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

So, where do I begin?

Generally, in a overall summary, a really good episode, I enjoyed it very much, from beginning to end. Some interesting storylines involved.

Sam - Some good, onscreen time and action from her this time round, more than I actually expected to see from her.

Teal'c - So his favorite is turkey sandwiches huh? *hands one to Teal'c* Some good humour from Teal'c as always, giving off those standard phrases. I liked how Sam was saying to talk about something, his simple response yet when Teal'c asks a simular question, Sam gives a poor, shabby response!

Daniel - Some good team work with Weir in this episode. I liked how the deliberate humour was entered with the system lords, and being who and what they are, they don't have a clue what it means! The first scene he was in, a little slow for me, but overall was okay.

Weir - Not too sure on this. Some parts of her scenes I liked, others I didn't. I didn't like the way some of her humour was added in, that was a little off-putting as a first impression. But I hope this can progress in the future.

Overall, a good season opener, and a good cliffhanger to leave at for the following episode. Now, only another week to catch the next one!
              __

__

Comment

Great episode.

Sam- very professional and liked how she blackmailed Weir.

Daniel- Loved snarky and 'dramatic' Daniel. Had good chemistry with Torri Higginson.

Teal'c- Liked the conversation between him and Sam. Going to have to get used to the hair, wierd with Teal'c having hair.

Weir- Actually liked her better than Jessica Steen. Was it only me or does she have a thing for Daniel.

Fifth- Loved his humour about not being at the compassion stage yet. Cracked me up.

Who could forget Thor. Always great to see the little guy.

Michelle: Sam was able to see Jack being tortured by Ba'al because in Unnatural Selection First was able to look into Jack's mind and First shared them with the others.

All in all, a great season opener. Bring on Part 2.

Comment

Pt I then: For me, a pretty awesome opener .

I liked the new Goa'ulds, Amaterasu and Camulus. Great game of bluff/counterbluff throughout. Kudos to Dr Weir/DJ for chemistry and humour as a negotiating team....I have to say Bravo to Torri Higginson's debut as Weir.I like her !
                  Teal'c : with/without the hair,I always root for him. I enjoyed the Sam/Teal'c friendship scenes.
                  Lord Yu : oddly compelling as usual(even when spitting chunks of food out in obvious distaste !)

Thor : back and as cool as ever !

Fifth : Hmmm....this Replicator knows the angst and betrayal,but is still working on the complexities of "being" .I pretty much agree with Madeleine's assessment.

Torture scenes : edited to imply,rather than to nail home the revenge factor.
                  To be honest,I prefer a bit of subtlety,as my Gatelets were watching,and they're still young enough to be upset by too much "squick".

The Replicator ship...son's description of "way cool" seems apt.
                  I liked the "Fifth emerges from the repli-block wall" scene....seemed some very good VFX !

Overall : I enjoyed this ep,but obviously the real oomph will come in Pt2 .
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    I have to say Bravo to Torri Higginson's debut as Weir.I like her !
                    ha! There will be converts! *cackles eeeeevvillly.*

Oops... did I say that outloud?

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                      (BTW, I thought I saw in Sam's visions as she was being tortured Jack being tortured by Ba'al...how can that be? She wasn't there).
                      No, but the replicators would know about it after they went into Jack's mind in 'Unnatural Selection', and the reps are linked. So Fifth fed her those images as part of her torture.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        ha! There will be converts! *cackles eeeeevvillly.*

Oops... did I say that outloud?
                        LOL ! Yep out loud and clear !
                        I like Torri's Weir,and I really hope she gets a fair chance from others too.

(I also liked Jessica S as Weir,in Season 7,but I compartmentalise.She was "Then". Torri is Now and I applaud 'em both for their interpretations of what the role required ! )

Spoiler for Atlantis S1
                        Spoiler:
                        I can hardly wait to really see Torri and the Gang in action next week onward !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          No, but the replicators would know about it after they went into Jack's mind in 'Unnatural Selection', and the reps are linked. So Fifth fed her those images as part of her torture.
                          Ah, I see...so it's not just images from Sam's mind we're seeing, but images fifth is feeding her? That leads to some interesting thoughts.... <wanders off to contemplate fanfic>

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            Ah, I see...so it's not just images from Sam's mind we're seeing, but images fifth is feeding her? That leads to some interesting thoughts.... <wanders off to contemplate fanfic>
                            Nearly all of what we see in this episode, New Order Part 2
                            Spoiler:
                            and see in the next
                            are images manipulated by Fifth. He may be using some of the stuff from Sam's mind, but he's also creating others entirely.

Comment

Really liked this episode.

There's nice chemistry between Daniel & Weir, more so than in TLC I think. (Should I start calling her Elizabeth now? Does anyone call her that in Atlantis?)

Oh god, poor Sam...those torture scenes were actually hard to watch.

Patrick Currie is very good at evil Fifth! That line "I'm not there yet" after Sam says that compassion is part of being human - that was chilling.

Absolutely love the Sam/Teal's stuff in the ship, I hope there's more of that...
                              And Teal'c is such a shipper!!!

Thor is so cool!!

I like the new system lords, and it's nice to see Yu's First Prime again.

Loved Daniel's "Don't, every joke, every pun done to death, seriously." LOL!

It was over so quickly, when it came up "To Be Continued", I was going what, already?!?

Can't wait till next week!!
                              Last edited by shelsfc; 05 October 2004, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                Nearly all of what we see in this episode, New Order Part 2
                                Spoiler:
                                and see in the next
                                are images manipulated by Fifth. He may be using some of the stuff from Sam's mind, but he's also creating others entirely.

Ah, i see....so he could be sharing something that jack has tried to keep from secret from sam, that the other replicators got from jack? (ok, i am heading in a shippy direction, i admit)

Tori Higginson....I did really like Jessica Steen, but Tori convinced me, after a while. Nice interaction with Daniel (the game is over! too melodramatic?). I think I liked her best when she started to bluff.....good for her. there was something about her....like she'd stepped right out the West Wing (and I love west wing, so that's ok).

I also liked Ameratsu trying to flirt with Daniel...and getting nowhere...(First Goa'uld woman to fail at seducing Daniel..)

Comment

Working...
                                X