• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tomb (508)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508

SG-1 teams with a Russian unit when one of their Stargate teams goes missing in a mysterious alien ziggurat.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:33 PM.

This was a nice "dark" episode, both literally and figuratively. I liked th Russian involvement, although there was a little too much "cold war" bias. No surprise that they had an ulterior motive. Nice nod to "Alien" with the nasty creature. I got a little grossed out by the description of the events that took place in the sarc. though.
    sigpic

Comment

Has anyone found out yet what kind of cuneiform that was?

Or do I have to do the "sit glued to tv for an hour to figure out the script" thing again?

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
        I got a little grossed out by the description of the events that took place in the sarc. though.
        I vote that the worst way to die.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
          Well, if we're talking about Marduk then presumably it's Babylonic if anything.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra

Or do I have to do the "sit glued to tv for an hour to figure out the script" thing again?

Babylonian??
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Dang... Russians

Comment

I quite enjoyed this episode. Very good as a stand alone one, very rewatchable.
                I also agree with various posters upthread, that wouldn't be on my list of 'best ways to die' poor people

Comment

May not have been anything to do with the cold war.. I'm fairly sure that O'Neill would have reacted the same way had the team been from any other nation.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Including long time US allies like the UK? S8 invisible spoilers: Where Jack recieved an award from once if pics of his general's office are anything to go by

The grudge has GOT to be an old enemy thing!
                    Last edited by Matt G; 13 July 2004, 11:30 AM. Reason: Punctuation
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Generally a good episode. Good storyline, one of the best for S5
                      __

__

Comment

Yup.. Including long-time allies.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

They didn't start off very well though :>

Comment

That alien entity was strange.

Comment

Just what is Jack's train of thought here:

Okay, we just found the rings that will get us out of this place. The creature is dead. I just saw the Goa'uld get buried under a bunch of rocks after holding onto an exploding grenade. I lectured to Colonel Zhukov earlier about how we 'never leave our people behind'. All the bad things are dead, the place is secure and safe from further threat.

"Okays, folks. Let's turn this place into a pile of dust. Carter, break out the C4..."

Lucky for Jack, Marduk shows up just in time to justify Jack's previous order to demolish the temple.

Comment

Working...
                              X