Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since Ba'al will play a big part of the story line in Continuum, I'm sure that Cliff Simon is on board.

If Beau Bridges doesn't come back as the General, I imagine they would go for Don S.Davis as Hammond.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

If Beau Bridges doesn't come back as the General, I imagine they would go for Don S.Davis as Hammond.
      I hope so
      sigpic

Comment

If they don't get Bridges, then Davis would be a good idea. However I think that doing Hammond and not Landry would be a bad idea because then it would mean trying to get away from the SGC so they don't need to come up with some lame excuse why he's not there.

sigpic

Comment

I just hope that it is alot
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by terminator2 View Post
            I mean obviously, since they're direct-to-DVD films, they're hardly going to have the budget of Kurt Russel's original film (a whopping $55m lol.)

However, SG-1's budget has generally been very high for a TV series, at an average of $1.5m an episode (not sure if it still is now with falling ratings) so can we expect a good few hours of quality explosions and special effects, or are these movies going to let Stargate go out on a low?
            $1.5 Million an episode is actually very low for a 10th year TV series. Ray Romano alone made $4-million an episode, that's just his salary, then factor in the other 5 stars, guest stars, and production staff, I'd imagine $8-million an episode would be a fair estimate for Everybody Loves Raymond. Jerry Seinfeld was offered $6-million per episode (as his salary) to make another season of Seinfeld. The Friends were offered nearly $2-million each to make another season. And I could keep going and fill up this entire page w/ single actors who made more per episode than Stargate's entire budget. Even other Scifi shows like Angel had much greater budgets.

This is the 1st I'm hearing of a $1.5m an episode budget, and frankly I'm shocked. They sure manage to do a lot w/ a little. I figured RDA alone was making close to that much, lol.

You'd figure being MGM's secondary Flag-ship franchise, they'd throw at least $16m at them for the 2 movies, but w/ this new information, I'd be happy w/ $9m for both.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              $1.5 Million an episode is actually very low for a 10th year TV series. Ray Romano alone made $4-million an episode, that's just his salary, then factor in the other 5 stars, guest stars, and production staff, I'd imagine $8-million an episode would be a fair estimate for Everybody Loves Raymond. Jerry Seinfeld was offered $6-million per episode (as his salary) to make another season of Seinfeld. The Friends were offered nearly $2-million each to make another season. And I could keep going and fill up this entire page w/ single actors who made more per episode than Stargate's entire budget. Even other Scifi shows like Angel had much greater budgets.

This is the 1st I'm hearing of a $1.5m an episode budget, and frankly I'm shocked. They sure manage to do a lot w/ a little. I figured RDA alone was making close to that much, lol.

You'd figure being MGM's secondary Flag-ship franchise, they'd throw at least $16m at them for the 2 movies, but w/ this new information, I'd be happy w/ $9m for both.
              You're comparing apples and elephants there. For the week of Feb 5th, the top hour long drama on broadcast TV show got a 15.2 share while the top hour long cable TV show got a 3.1. When SG1 was doing it's absolute best, it was only at about a 2.0. Those ratings are what determine what the actors can be paid. (Seinfeld usually did about a 20 share in it's heyday)

I would also point out that here it says that MGM spends about 1.4 million per episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate

To answer the original question, I read somewhere (and I can't remember where) that they were going to spend a bit more than the usual on the movies. So I would estimate that as $3.5-4 million for a 2 hour movie. That's only a guesstimate.
              The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

To expand on what BloomGate said, you also can't compare it to shows that are filmed in the U.S. The whole reason it is filmed in Canada is that it is far less expensive to shoot some of the same things. So, even though Angel may have had a bigger budget, filming in California is extra costly (imdb says it cost about 2 million per episode).

Anyway, imdb estimates the price of one at 4 million and doesn't have anything written for the other: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929629/business

Comment

This is the 1st I'm hearing of a $1.5m an episode budget, and frankly I'm shocked. They sure manage to do a lot w/ a little.
                  Yes, to be fair to Stargate:

A. You're comparing Stargate to some of the most successful tv series of all time (which admittedly Stargate is kinda) which most sci-fi shows wouldn't have a hope against

B. Those budgets you're talking about have just been inflated by actors' salaries. Admittedly I was surprised that RDA wasn't on more (given his past experience in MacGuyver) but will he act better if he is on $2m an episode rather than his estimated $300,000 an episode? Very unlikely - so salary-inflated budgets are generally meaningless to the quality of an episode, since an actor's performance does not particularly improve if they get a salary increase.

I figured RDA alone was making close to that much, lol.
                  Lol, if RDA was on $1.5m an episode - $1.5m*200 = he'd be worth over $300m by now, which by anyone's standards is a bit excessive for a non-Hollywood actor! (Still, $300k an ep works out as a lot too)
                  Last edited by terminator2; 19 February 2007, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by terminator2 View Post
                    Lol, if RDA was on $1.5m an episode - $1.5m*200 = he'd be worth over $300m by now, which by anyone's standards is a bit excessive for a non-Hollywood actor! (Still, $300k an ep works out as a lot too)
                    Matt LeBlanc made more than $1.5m an episode, and he wasn't even the star. I like Matt, but can you compare his acting ability w/ RDA's? And all Matt did was sit on an over-sized couch sipping coffee for 24-minutes, while RDA was being chased through the jungle everyday, lol.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                      Not true. Seasons 1 through 3 were filmed on 16mm, except for 'Nemesis' which was the first 35mm one. Seasons 4 - 7 were all 35mm (except 'Entity' which was HD), and seasons 8 - 10 were shot HD (as was all of Atlantis).
                      Where did you find that out ?

Would it not have been cheaper for them to film of 35mm than HD ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Matt LeBlanc made more than $1.5m an episode, and he wasn't even the star. I like Matt, but can you compare his acting ability w/ RDA's? And all Matt did was sit on an over-sized couch sipping coffee for 24-minutes, while RDA was being chased through the jungle everyday, lol.

Yeah, but Matt was sitting on a couch on NBC, whilst RDA was running through the jungle on cable.

Comment

now the sg-1 sersis has ended.

Comment

wow, i had know idea this thread got this popluar. I dont even remember making it. wow. Now we know what has really happened.

Comment

Working...
                            X