X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And It's Goodnight From Him, RIP Ronnie Barker

Sad Sad News

I loved The Two Ronnies, Porridge and Open all Hours, I still laugh at them now. Four Candles/Fork Handles will keep me giigling for hours

Ronnie Barker will be sadly missed

RIP Ronnie.

Comment

Awww - poor Ronnie. I love Open All Hours!

Comment

Sad but fond thoughts from me . When I was a kid,The Two Ronnies was "Required viewing" and I loved his performances in Open All Hours too.

Another British King Of Comedy gone..but he won't be forgotten.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

RIP Ronnie

You were one of the best comedians that ever lived, and you will be sorely missed.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I was a fan of Open all hours (David Jason and Ronnie had something special there) and sometimes the Two Ronnies but Porridge was my favourite.

I heard what Michael Parkinson said about Ronnie being shy, I always find it strange when people who spend huge amounts of their lives in the public turn out to shy individuals.

Goodnight Ronnie.
            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 04 October 2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Anyone remember seeing The Worm That Turned with Diana Dors? that was a great series a la The Phantom Raspberry Blower and Charley Farley & 'Piggy' Malone

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                Anyone remember seeing The Worm That Turned with Diana Dors? that was a great series a la The Phantom Raspberry Blower and Charley Farley & 'Piggy' Malone
                You know I just found this thread and as I was scrolling down I thought that I must mention The Worm that Turned....and then I saw your post. I loved the Two Ronnies as a kid and Ronnie Barker was always my favourite.

Such a sad day for British Comedy...rest in peace Ronnie, I'll miss you.

Comment

He did seem like a really nice person. I loved Porridge, and The Two Ronnies was a staple of my television diet when I was growing up.

RIP.

Madeleine

Comment

Sad indeed. Another great comedy stalwart is no longer with us.

I fondly recall 'The Worm That Turned' - even though I was too young at the time to get the 'Barbara Castle' joke, not having any idea who she was.

To this day, I still remember one particular scene from the 2Rs where Ronnie cut a plastic knife in half with a 'British Rail' pork pie. Funny how these things stay with you, innit?

Farewell Ronnie. I think there's no doubt that you will be remembered just exactly as you wanted to be. RIP.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm with you on the 'Barbara Castle' joke, I knew she was a politician but that was all

Comment

It's a shame about Ronnie Barker he was a great commedian, Poridge was especially good. To be honest though I thought he was already dead. Certainly havn't heard much from him recently.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Remember his Mispronounciation monologue? After I first heard it it was weeks before I could think of the leader of the opposition as anything other than "Neil Pillock". And unlike many commedians RB could say that sort of thing totally without malice.

Madeleine

Comment

yet another comedian dead, sad isn't it.
                            I am too young to have seen the show, but our tv stations showed a couple of highlights from the episodes, and they were very funny, fork handles... lmao

Comment

"Fork Handles" is a classic to be rated up there with "Dead Parrot" imo.....RIP Ronnie....I watched everything of yours ...you'll be sadly missed ....and in your later years you looked so much like my dad too....

Dee Dee xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                              X