This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'cs Father

Why did the Goa'uld in Teal'c's Stomach have memories of the murder of his father? Granted that they have genetic memory, the fact remains that being in Teal'c's pouch, it had to come from the line of Apophis, not Cronus. So it would have the memories of Apophis, or one of his associates. The only way it would have memories of that incident is if it's ancestor was Cronus, or was present in that room. But Cronus and Apophis were enemies, so how does a symbiote descending from a friend of Cronus end up in Apophis's Jaffa (Teal'c)?
    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

If they were enemies then chances are they've fought battles over territory. If Apophis captured a planet under Cronus' domain he may have captured his preists and a queen or two and by extension any larvae those queens produced.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

i would say all the Male Goa'uld have a memory line and all the Female have a memory line which makes since because if they mate the Harcesis has all the knowledge
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

except that non-queen snakes have no gender other than what they get from the host.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          If they were enemies then chances are they've fought battles over territory. If Apophis captured a planet under Cronus' domain he may have captured his preists and a queen or two and by extension any larvae those queens produced.

Very good point. But If I were Apophis, I'd wouldn't put cronus's (or his people's) symbiotes in my Jaffa's stomach, because they descend from his enemies, and with the genetic memories thing, that would be a problem (The goa'uld would grow up and inevitably become his enemy). Personally, I'd destroy all of them.
          Last edited by Kelt'ar; 05 October 2005, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
            except that non-queen snakes have no gender other than what they get from the host.
            yeah but remember they know what they are like Apohiss new it was his son and who was his Queen I always thought that there were 2 sets of Genetic memory because if 2 of them mate that child has all of the knowledge
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar
              Very good point. But If I were Apophis, I'd wouldn't put cronus's (or his people's) symbiotes in a Jaffa's stomach, because they descend from his enemies, and with the genetic memories thing, that would be a problem (The goa'uld would grow up and inevitably become his enemy). Personally, I'd destroy all of them.
              I'm not sure it matters. No Goa'uld by nature can be trusted even to and especially by other Goa'uld since they generally share many of their memories regardless of who the larvae originated. I'm not even sure all the fully grown symbiotes get hosts. It's possible that they do as you suggest and destroy any possible rivals. But the larvae serve the purpose of keeping the Jaffa in line. Doesn't matter much where that larvae comes from.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Good question - Didnt Cronus kill his father by killing the symbiote so shouldnt no one have the memories
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    Good question - Didnt Cronus kill his father by killing the symbiote so shouldnt no one have the memories
                    Not really. See even if the symbiote survived, it wouldn't have visual memories of the murder (it didn't see cronus face, as it was in the pouch). The only people with memories of that incident would be Cronus, his queen, the jaffa in the room other goa'uld present in the room and their descendants.

Comment

or maybe teal'c himself was there he represses the memory but the symbiote showed him it anyway

Comment

Ya, thats what I thought too.

Comment

if i remember correctly, when they show his father's death, it's from the POV of the killer, Cronus, so Teal'c is viewing Cronus' memories. not the memories of his father's symbiote.
                          "So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth! And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth!"

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                            or maybe teal'c himself was there he represses the memory but the symbiote showed him it anyway
                            This seems to me the most logical explanation.

Comment

This has gotten a little confusing.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X