This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prototype question

Im sorry if this has been asked before but i just watched prototype again (i download the eps dont tell anybody ) and im curious as to why Kahlek came back to Earth. The device on the other gates DHD would have sent him to a random planet, obviously not Earth as that was where he was coming from. So why did he return? He would have had to dial Earth himself to come back again but when he arrives he looks completley shocked. Can anybody tell me why this happened, or was it just a cheap way to kill off the guy?
    Mercy is the mark of a great man *stab* maybe im just a good man *stab* well im okay

Amanda Waller: Bruce's DNA was easy enough to obtain. He left it all over town.
    [Terry raises eyebrow]
    Amanda Waller: Not remotely what I meant.

they rigged the stargate back on that planet so that the wormhole would bounce him straight back to Earth, that is why he acted all suprised, they did explain that at the end, you might want to go back and listen again

Comment

Yep, Carter doing her thing again.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Woops, guess i wasnt paying enough attention
        Mercy is the mark of a great man *stab* maybe im just a good man *stab* well im okay

Amanda Waller: Bruce's DNA was easy enough to obtain. He left it all over town.
        [Terry raises eyebrow]
        Amanda Waller: Not remotely what I meant.

Comment

The security device was meant to keep people from getting there, not going to the planet.

Like at the SGC, you don't need a code to go someplace from Earth, you do need a code to get back.

Comment

carter expained it when he returned

Comment

Although I did question why they actually let him come back instead of just closing the iris and letting him splat against it (unless they wanted to study the body, safeer just to let him splat though).

Comment

Posted by Avatar28:
                Although I did question why they actually let him come back instead of just closing the iris and letting him splat against it (unless they wanted to study the body, safeer just to let him splat though).
                Khalek locked them out of the system before he left Earth, including iris control. When the wormhole opened, Walter clearly said, like he always does, “Iris will not close!” Thus, he didn't splat against it... Giving him a nice, bloody death... not to mention the fact that he did tell Daniel that, “one of us will feel the pleasure [of killing the other].”

Man, they got lucky that time.
                And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
                  Man, they got lucky that time.
                  I agree there. Khalek was an awesome foe. It's a shame he was ended so quickly.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, he was like Neo only...more powerful. Had he had time to master his abilities, he could have been very, very powerful. Talk about being able to pose as a god...he was both telepathic and telekinetic...lethal combination.
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      It's a shame he was ended so quickly.
                      I'm sure that if the writers wanted him back in a future ep they would come up with the most convincing story to bring him back, which would be fun to watch
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Posted by Eoin:
                        I'm sure that if the writers wanted him back in a future ep they would come up with the most convincing story to bring him back, which would be fun to watch
                        Oh, I can see it now... In addition to his telekinesis and telepathy, his healing powers allow his body come back from the dead.

Now that would be frighteningly awesome!

If I'd been Khalek, I would have stopped the evolutionary alteration just short of acsension. That way, I'd have (to quote General O'Neill) all the “freaky, super-cosmic powers” and the ascended beings wouldn't be able to stop me since I'm technically still human (like the Priors).

I love loopholes...
                        And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Maybe we can come to find out Khalek wasn't Anubis' only "son". I could definitely go for that.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

not even that they could just say that there was multible research satations and on another was an exact replica clone in isolation and it became active when the first pod was taken back to the SGC soo he might not really have the memory of being in the SGC but he would still be just as bad because of the Genetic memory!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Maybe we can come to find out Khalek wasn't Anubis' only "son". I could definitely go for that.
                              As much as I wish it were true, I believe it is not. Looking at the episode name "Prototype" I think it's safe to assume that Khalek was the one and only "son" of Anubis. A prototype is normally the first model of something, usually a test run to make sure everything works as planned. From the looks of it that prototype wasn't even finished.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X