• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Of Gold (114)

Visit the Episode GuideFIREFLY SEASON ONE
    HEART OF GOLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

Serenity's crew comes to the aid of a house of prostitutes led by a friend of Inara's when a powerful man learns that one of the women is pregnant with his son, and plans to take him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 18 October 2012, 02:43 PM.

omg!
    I just realised that for some reason I have never seen this episode yet, I must have missed it somehow...and just when I thought I had seen everything Firefly. Its like christmas.

Comment

It's a great episode. It was the cowboyie episode this series needed. I loved that big shiney house.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed Heart of Gold, not just for the action scenes but for the character stuff (Wash and Zoe talking about kids, Inara crying, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
          I thoroughly enjoyed Heart of Gold, not just for the action scenes but for the character stuff (Wash and Zoe talking about kids, Inara crying, etc.)
          inara was amazing in that scene. and i love wash and zoe banter. jayne was just classic jayne. i was a little surprised with mal though.

Comment

I loved the shippiness of this episode. The dance Mal/Inara do is pretty complex. Fun how everyone else seems to see their feelings, but they can't or won't.

Those feelings must be pretty darn important to deny and bury this way.

I'm a sucker for ship. Joss Whedon fixed a whole ship load for me to enjoy!
            Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

This had quite a bit of character development that could have been carried on (dam you Fox).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                It's a great episode. It was the cowboyie episode this series needed. I loved that big shiney house.
                The upright frozen dinner pack...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  This had quite a bit of character development that could have been carried on (dam you Fox).
                  It really is quite a shame that it never had a chance on Fox. The characters have so many facets that could have been explored on and on.

I liked this episode--especially the Mal/Inara interaction. Such truth...without saying anything out loud.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Fox. Sucks. Donkey. Hard.

That's All I have to say, full stop. (Common another season of firefly...)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I have to say, this is the only episode that didn't work for me. It was like whoever wrote the plot went: a brothel, sex, and a big action showdown at the end, maybe that'll make Fox change their minds! The story just didn't hold for me.

But there was still plenty of goodness. Everything Mal and Inarra, and I loved Kaylee and Wash's "tell I'm pretty" exchange.
                      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Daniel: Oh! You see?
                      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                        It really is quite a shame that it never had a chance on Fox. The characters have so many facets that could have been explored on and on.

I liked this episode--especially the Mal/Inara interaction. Such truth...without saying anything out loud.
                        I'm not to fond of Fox, especially after they hired no talent hack, Paul Anderson, to do what was my most anticipated film....

But that would have been some great development, because we know she really does care for Mal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone feel that there was a missing scene from this episode? Wash and Kaylee are on the Serenity hiding from the bad guys, and they lock them in the corridor but we don't actually see what happens? I mean, obviously they got out fine, but it was kinda odd not too see how.

Comment

Yes... I've often wondered about that myself. Wasn't Wash trapped in the engine room or some such thing? How did he get out?
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

i thought this ep was great. inara was fab in this ep.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                              X