No announcement yet.

Ariel (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is such a well done episode, I like the change of pace from the usual desert planet/western, this was based on the core planets, and I love when they were studying about the medical things and Jayne just blurts out what he had forced himself to learn

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
      Loved the ending to this episode. We used to have teeshirts that said mess with one, mess with all. That seems to be Mal's philosophy. I like the way he handles Jayne.
      It always amuses me that Jayne, as large as he is, is quite terrified of Mal...
      Mal can be quite terrifying... Sometimes we forget that when he wears that mask of jocularity... But this episode is a reminder that Mal can be a monster and show his teeth when he wants to.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        It always amuses me that Jayne, as large as he is, is quite terrified of Mal...
        Mal can be quite terrifying... Sometimes we forget that when he wears that mask of jocularity... But this episode is a reminder that Mal can be a monster and show his teeth when he wants to.
        I think Mal is always on the edge of going bad...really bad. I think Jayne knows that, but sometimes forgets to respect that fact.
        -girlgater

Comment

I was always humored by them writing down the names of the medicine on their arms. It just reminded me of them cheating or something, like why wouldn't they just write it on paper?
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            I was always humored by them writing down the names of the medicine on their arms. It just reminded me of them cheating or something, like why wouldn't they just write it on paper?
            Aren't they cheating...

Papers float and fly...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

what i dont understand is mal knows that jayne can be bought and doesnt like river and simon yet he leaves him with them wouldnt it have been smarter if mal or zoe stayed with them

Comment

It would have been smarter is one of them was with jayne.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

great teaser the while series this one caught me by surprise that Simon would have a job for them

like the ending with Jayne and Mal
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i really liked this one. it was great to see simon coming up with a plan and stuff. so far ive enjoyed all the episodes of firefly ive watched

sig by starlover1990

Comment

just watched this episode again last night. really want to know more about the hands of blue! theres definately something non-human about them in the way they move and the fact that they don't blink!

Comment

The Blue Sun Group is just creepy! River seems pretty important to them.
                        Really enjoyed this episode!

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          just watched this episode again last night. really want to know more about the hands of blue! theres definately something non-human about them in the way they move and the fact that they don't blink!
                          Have you read the Firefly comic books? The Hands of Blue feature quite prominently in those. They're by Dark Horse.
                          sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep but I did not like Jayne at all. They showed him at his worst but I did like what Mal did and I did like that Jayne felt guilty and ashamed he should for what he did. Simon and River were awesome.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

First off, I have to mention I really liked how the writers had a good balance of comedy and drama in this episode. That always seems to make things more interesting when the pace 'mixes it up', so to speak.

Secondly, I'm not surprised by what Jayne did, though I was disappointed. In character, Jayne is a thug and he would go to the highest bidder to make any profit. I guess I just kinda hoped that being around Mal would have rubbed some morals onto him. Maybe after this ep, they did.

And finally, some comments on Mal's character. I was surprised by what he did at the end to Jayne, but very happy, weirdly enough. I always felt like Mal was a victim of circumstance in life and he was making the best of things after the war was over. He's not really a mercenary at heart, but he has to do what he must to survive in an unjust society. But he will be cruel if he is pushed to it, and what he did to show Jayne this, is an example. Very in character and a good turning point in the established chain of command relationship between Jayne and Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
                              StarshineRoxie
                              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                              sigpic

Comment

A favourite episode of mine, I think. Watched it today.

The scene at the end with Mal and Jayne...First, I found it unintentionally hilarious that Mal clouted him with a spanner - guess he really wanted to be sure he'd knock Jayne out!
                                And the very last moments, when Jayne asks what Mal will tell the crew about why he's dead, and says "Make something up, don't tell them what I did". And it's that moment that tells Mal that Jayne is actually ashamed of himself. Very well done...

Comment

Working...
                                X