No announcement yet.

Ariel (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was my 3rd best Episode and bealived Mel was testing Jayne and want to see if he could trust him with Simon and River thats what I think

Team Ronan

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
      First off, I have to mention I really liked how the writers had a good balance of comedy and drama in this episode. That always seems to make things more interesting when the pace 'mixes it up', so to speak.

Secondly, I'm not surprised by what Jayne did, though I was disappointed. In character, Jayne is a thug and he would go to the highest bidder to make any profit. I guess I just kinda hoped that being around Mal would have rubbed some morals onto him. Maybe after this ep, they did.

And finally, some comments on Mal's character. I was surprised by what he did at the end to Jayne, but very happy, weirdly enough. I always felt like Mal was a victim of circumstance in life and he was making the best of things after the war was over. He's not really a mercenary at heart, but he has to do what he must to survive in an unjust society. But he will be cruel if he is pushed to it, and what he did to show Jayne this, is an example. Very in character and a good turning point in the established chain of command relationship between Jayne and Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
      very well said
      sigpic

Comment

Loved Simon in this one. My favorite Simon ep yet, by quite a long shot. And I'm glad we found out what happened to River, it's been bugging me since the start.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X