Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariel (110)

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Ariel (110)

what i dont understand is mal knows that jayne can be bought and doesnt like river and simon yet he leaves him with them wouldnt it have been smarter if mal or zoe stayed with them

It would have been smarter is one of them was with jayne.

Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

great teaser the while series this one caught me by surprise that Simon would have a job for them

like the ending with Jayne and Mal

i really liked this one. it was great to see simon coming up with a plan and stuff. so far ive enjoyed all the episodes of firefly ive watched

Major General

just watched this episode again last night. really want to know more about the hands of blue! theres definately something non-human about them in the way they move and the fact that they don't blink!

The Blue Sun Group is just creepy! River seems pretty important to them.
    Really enjoyed this episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    just watched this episode again last night. really want to know more about the hands of blue! theres definately something non-human about them in the way they move and the fact that they don't blink!
    Have you read the Firefly comic books? The Hands of Blue feature quite prominently in those. They're by Dark Horse.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

I liked this ep but I did not like Jayne at all. They showed him at his worst but I did like what Mal did and I did like that Jayne felt guilty and ashamed he should for what he did. Simon and River were awesome.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

In Sam Carter's mind (a figment of imagination ;)

First off, I have to mention I really liked how the writers had a good balance of comedy and drama in this episode. That always seems to make things more interesting when the pace 'mixes it up', so to speak.

Secondly, I'm not surprised by what Jayne did, though I was disappointed. In character, Jayne is a thug and he would go to the highest bidder to make any profit. I guess I just kinda hoped that being around Mal would have rubbed some morals onto him. Maybe after this ep, they did.

And finally, some comments on Mal's character. I was surprised by what he did at the end to Jayne, but very happy, weirdly enough. I always felt like Mal was a victim of circumstance in life and he was making the best of things after the war was over. He's not really a mercenary at heart, but he has to do what he must to survive in an unjust society. But he will be cruel if he is pushed to it, and what he did to show Jayne this, is an example. Very in character and a good turning point in the established chain of command relationship between Jayne and Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
    StarshineRoxie
    A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.

A favourite episode of mine, I think. Watched it today.

The scene at the end with Mal and Jayne...First, I found it unintentionally hilarious that Mal clouted him with a spanner - guess he really wanted to be sure he'd knock Jayne out!
    And the very last moments, when Jayne asks what Mal will tell the crew about why he's dead, and says "Make something up, don't tell them what I did". And it's that moment that tells Mal that Jayne is actually ashamed of himself. Very well done...

Chief Master Sergeant Teyla-Joy's Avatar

I think this was my 3rd best Episode and bealived Mel was testing Jayne and want to see if he could trust him with Simon and River thats what I think

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starshineRoxie View Post
    First off, I have to mention I really liked how the writers had a good balance of comedy and drama in this episode. That always seems to make things more interesting when the pace 'mixes it up', so to speak.

Secondly, I'm not surprised by what Jayne did, though I was disappointed. In character, Jayne is a thug and he would go to the highest bidder to make any profit. I guess I just kinda hoped that being around Mal would have rubbed some morals onto him. Maybe after this ep, they did.

And finally, some comments on Mal's character. I was surprised by what he did at the end to Jayne, but very happy, weirdly enough. I always felt like Mal was a victim of circumstance in life and he was making the best of things after the war was over. He's not really a mercenary at heart, but he has to do what he must to survive in an unjust society. But he will be cruel if he is pushed to it, and what he did to show Jayne this, is an example. Very in character and a good turning point in the established chain of command relationship between Jayne and Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
    very well said

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Loved Simon in this one. My favorite Simon ep yet, by quite a long shot. And I'm glad we found out what happened to River, it's been bugging me since the start.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12