No announcement yet.

Our Mrs. Reynolds (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remember it- brief description please?

Comment

Not sure if it belongs in spoiler tags but, just to be on the safe side...

Spoiler:
      Book is making up a bed for Saffron but River comes in, pulls off the covers and leaves with the pillow. Simon comes out of the infirmary to see what's going on.

BOOK: It seems River doesn't want me making up a bed for our young guest. Or she's starting a pillow collection, I'm still collating data.
      SIMON: I'm sorry. I'll take care of the room.
      RIVER: It's not important! Tell him.
      SIMON: Tell him what?
      RIVER: (to Book) We want you to marry us.
      SIMON: What?! Wait! No! What?
      RIVER: Two by two. Everyone has a match, a mate, a doppler. I love you.
      SIMON: River, meimei, of course I love you too. But we can't be married. (to Book) She's really crazy. (River kicks him) Ow! No! I don't mean crazy. That's just... you know, that's not something brothers and sisters do. I mean on some planets, but only pretty bad ones.
      RIVER: The captain took a wife.
      BOOK: Well, that's also complicated.
      SIMON: I don't know where this is coming from.
      RIVER: We'll take care of each other. I'll knit. You don't love me.

At the end of the scene, she nudges Simon and points to the pillow she stuffed under her clothes.

RIVER: Now we have to be married. I'm in the family way.

SImon's expressions throughout the scene are wonderful.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Spoiler:
        Book is making up a bed for Saffron but River comes in, pulls off the covers and leaves with the pillow. Simon comes out of the infirmary to see what's going on.

BOOK: It seems River doesn't want me making up a bed for our young guest. Or she's starting a pillow collection, I'm still collating data.
        SIMON: River, meimei, of course I love you too. But we can't be married. (to Book) She's really crazy. (River kicks him) Ow! No! I don't mean crazy. That's just... you know, that's not something brothers and sisters do. I mean on some planets, but only pretty bad ones.

At the end of the scene, she nudges Simon and points to the pillow she stuffed under her clothes.

Dont remember that. I guess it gives me a reason to watch some more firefly
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Spoiler:

Can't believe I forgot that- that was hilarious, thanks for the re-cap.

Comment

Spoiler:

ok, i missed that on the dvds. thats so funny, lol . poor simon.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
              this episode is really fun, and im sure u'll enjoy the rest of the season. thats one of the things i really like about firefly is the mix of humour and action in episodes.
              Yeah, I think I've fallen in love with Innara. LOL. She's much more attractive as a Companion than as a fanatical psionic wielding offspring of an ascended being.

Seriously, though, are there any other episodes with as much shippy goodness as this one had? I'm mostly trying to avoid spoilers on Firefly (unlike SG), but I gotta know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Seriously, though, are there any other episodes with as much shippy goodness as this one had?
                Yes, Heart Of Gold does.

Most eps have stuff in them.
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Sweet. Thanks. Now I just have to decide if I want to continue watching them with the wife (now that I've gotten her caught up with me) or watch them here and again with her and also if I want to wait until SG is over for the summer to give me another month or two of stuff to watch each week.

Comment

lolololololololol, this episode was really good, not that the rest of the series isn't, I liked the immediate panic in Mal's eyes when he realised that he was married, priceless!
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                      lolololololololol, this episode was really good, not that the rest of the series isn't, I liked the immediate panic in Mal's eyes when he realised that he was married, priceless!
                      Haha lol, watched this ep again for the.....not sure what number time yesterday, and like the rest of the series, it just never gets old.

Comment

Another great moment is Mal's attempts to offer an explanation to Saffron about how you're free to kill whoever you want. Great stuff. This might not be the show's top episode, but it has some really fun moments and excellent Mal/Inara interaction.

Comment

I loved this ep I couldn't stop laughing. Special Hell too funny. Honey I'm home.
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Oh, how I hate Saffron. She gives us redheads a bad name...

I love Wash in this episode. Particularly when Saffron's trying so hard to seduce him, and he just won't have it, no matter how enticing she is...

Comment

Poor Mel Had no Idea that he was married lol

Team Ronan

Comment

Inra's look at the end when Mal was so dumb was priceless
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X