• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe (106)

Visit the Episode GuideFIREFLY SEASON ONE
    SAFE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

Simon and River are kidnapped by villagers in need of a doctor. Sheppard Book is shot, forcing the crew to seek help on an Alliance ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 18 October 2012, 02:38 PM.

I wonder why this one is called Safe. Well I enjoyed this episode, yet again, we see how Simon is useless when it comes to women. It was a great development episode, and I just loved the looks on Simon and River's face when they where at the dance thing.

Also this episode brought up the interesting question of Book's past. Something ew never got to find out.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Liked this ep. S'pose that its called safe because..............anyway. Liked the whole mystery surrounding Book's past and also liked the irony in the shop when you knew that Simonwas gonna stuff up when he was talking to Kaylee.

Comment

I thought it was very sweet how Simon stood up with River, he couldn't live his life without her.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

And of course it's full of amazing quotes, such as my MSN name:
          Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.
          sigpic

Comment

Gotta ask, how could you fit all that in one name??
            And, just noticed I hadn't posted my "review" on the episode...this is the one that made me really scratch my chin at Book's past....Oh, and the plate scene was priceless!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Well, I missed Best Day ever off. *shrugs*
              sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode, its nice to see some background on the characters. poor book with getting shot.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

great to see river finally lighten up and dance like the ending with the post and trying to burn river and Simon (she's a witch ya but shes our witch now cut her the hell down
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is a cool episode. If Firefly had lasted, it would have been good to see more episodes like this one.

Spoiler:
                    Too bad that now Book's dead we won't find out more about his past
                    (just incase people haven't seen the film)
                    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Another cool epsiode. However at the ends it makes me wonder.

What happened to all them Cows they sold? As the guy who they sold them two got arrested? Do you think they was left in that fenced off area to die?
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

they got the money for the cows, maybe someone came along and claimed them? Or since the men they sold them to didn't have any papers for them - therefore they could be stolen, maybe the Alliance took them as evidence?

As for why the episode is called Safe, Simon and River kidnapped, Book shot.... maybe its an ironic title? Since none of the Firefly crew are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          they got the money for the cows, maybe someone came along and claimed them? Or since the men they sold them to didn't have any papers for them - therefore they could be stolen, maybe the Alliance took them as evidence?

As for why the episode is called Safe, Simon and River kidnapped, Book shot.... maybe its an ironic title? Since none of the Firefly crew are safe.
                          Yeah, it is a bit of an ironic title, though a rather weak one, I think. Unless there's some other ultra secret reason for the title that I have completely missed, then please, someone point it out.

Comment

I had mixed feelings about this ep. Really didn't like how they left Simon and River you may say they were trying to save Book but that's not how I saw it. Really loved the backstory on Simon and River, I really liked River too. The witch burning was a surprise but the rescue wasn't.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I liked this episode mainly for the Simon/River storyline. The way they showed that although River was unstable she could still share those brother-sister moments with Simon brought a smile to my face.

I was moved when the villagers were going to burn River at the stake Simon stood up next to her, ready to die with his sister.
                              "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Working...
                              X