• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity, Part 1 (101)

Visit the Episode GuideFIREFLY SEASON ONE
    SERENITY, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

War veteran Mal Reynolds leads the crew of the Serenity in hunting for a new buyer for salvage stolen from the Alliance when his buyer rejects the delivery.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 18 October 2012, 02:53 PM.

I instantly fell in love with this show the moment Wash started playing with his dinosaurs
    Wash (as Stegosaurus): We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land."
    Wash (as T-Rex): I think we should call it "your grave!"
    Wash (as Stegosaurus): Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    Wash (as T-Rex): Ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
    Wash (as Stegosaurus): Oh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!
    I just sat there going 'OMG its a grown man... on a spaceship... playing with plastic dinosaurs... in space!!!'

Oh and also when Kaylee got shot, that I just didn't see coming

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I liked the T-rex and Stegosaurus scene, cracked me up, also i honestly thought Kaylee would die, my comment was when she was shot "well, that was a short lived career"

Two thumbs up for this show!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Well since I watched the unbridged version on DVD I'll just comment on both parts here. Loved it! Simply, it was the first time I'd seen this episode. It was funny and yet serious and quite interesting. The mix of western, scifi and the dark humour (something you find in Whedon's things alot) was fabulous and the action sequences where excellent. Loved it.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The "crybaby" scene was what sold me on this series... It just cracked me up completely.

Up to this day, I'm still wondering how Jayne knew what a gynaecologist is.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            The "crybaby" scene was what sold me on this series... It just cracked me up completely.

Up to this day, I'm still wondering how Jayne knew what a gynaecologist is.
            I'm sure Jayne is all studied up on all things concerning women parts... except for maybe baby-birthin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              I'm sure Jayne is all studied up on all things concerning women parts... except for maybe baby-birthin'.
              Oh is that why he's so sure he's got man parts...? Even with a name like Jayne.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The Crybaby bit was what sold me on the show too. I think it was because it demonstrated that even though the Alliance were the Bad Guys to our Heroes they were capable of compassion, and even the Heroes who saw the Alliance as nusiance-cum-enemy knew that there was that inherent compassion. With the Fed turning out to be such an out-and-out nasty later on I think the Crybaby scene was necessary to show us that the Alliance would not be a stereotypical evil toralitarian fascist regime but just a would-be benign regime with an unknown but intriguing nastiness hidden away inside...

Madeleine

Comment

To this day, I'm wondering why the f***, in all thier wisdom, did Fox choose not to air this first? It boggles the mind; this is an excellent episode.

Comment

Who knows what Fox was thinking... or if they were...
                    Alan Tudyk said that they "just didn't get it".
                    sigpic

Comment

Alan Tudyk also played out a hilarious fight between toy dinosaurs. That alone should be reason enough to play the episode first.

Comment

Ye, did anyone watch his audition? It was soo funny.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Here's one thing I have to critisize about the episode:
                          Though I love the theme music and the title sequence, playing it took some of the suspense away from the episode. Who's the mole? Will Kaylee die? Will anyone die? We already know, 'cause they told us in the title sequence. If Jewel Staite's a regular, then Kaylee won't die. If Sean Maher's a regular, then Simon can't be the bad guy. You get my drift?

Comment

I read in several sources that Joss had tried to get the name of the actor who plays Xander's buddy in the Buffy pilot into the opening credits, just to make the shock of his death bigger. For that reason I didn't know whether any of the cast except Zoe and Mal (who I'd seen in a magazine) would turn out to be regulars or redshirts

Madeleine

Comment

lol! the dino scene was hilarious...i loved it...i think that's why i love Wash so much
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X