Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read LOTR, The Hobbit and Silmarillion and on the other side all 6 volums of Harry Potter.
    I think you could rather compare The Hobbit to Harry Potter since they are both targeting a certain age category ( young - although people of all ages appreciate them ) and therefor focus more on adventure and humour.
    LOTR was written more like an epic (let's say an "odyssey" of fiction) and deals more in mithology and folklore than the other books mentioned above (except Silmarillion that basically is just mithology and folklore)

Comment

Originally posted by mihuta
      I've read LOTR, The Hobbit and Silmarillion and on the other side all 6 volums of Harry Potter.
      I think you could rather compare The Hobbit to Harry Potter since they are both targeting a certain age category ( young - although people of all ages appreciate them ) and therefor focus more on adventure and humour.
      LOTR was written more like an epic (let's say an "odyssey" of fiction) and deals more in mithology and folklore than the other books mentioned above (except Silmarillion that basically is just mithology and folklore)
      Exactly
      Though I hardly find a book that has horrible killings in it for kids.
      And descriptions of curses and pain

And fourth Harry Potter movie was rated PG-13, so that's saying something.

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with Harry on this one.
        I was incredibly bored by LOTR, but Harry Potter was fun to watch and come on: Alan Rickman!
        Ses
        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

And Gary Oldman! He was so great in "Leon" and "The Fifth Element"! even then, when it comes right down to it, i'd rather watch epic battles, gandalf with his big white beard, a crazy talkin' scotsman and Scaramanga getting beaten with a stick!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

For movies id say lotr, i dont know about books since iv not read lotr, though id certainly say hp are fantastic books.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              gandalf with his big white beard, a crazy talkin' scotsman and Scaramanga getting beaten with a stick!
              LOL.
              Personally for me it is a toss up.

Comment

Working...
              X