Beast of Burden (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaka, YES!

I love Chaka. I loved The First Ones" and I loved this episode. Sure it wasn't one of the best eps but I liked it anyway.

And I love Chaka In case you hadn't gotten it yet

Ka keka...Ah! I'm finally learning an alien language...

We probably did see female Unas but they all looked alike to us. You know, like Asguards are all alike and everything? I know I have trouble telling who is who among my chinese friends and I see them almost every day
    Last edited by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman; 28 October 2004, 10:16 PM.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      I just thought the episode was really cheesy and preachy myself.

Slavery bad. Well... yes....
      Did it strike anyone else that in the scene with the little boy that the Unas who brought him in was like the stereotypical "Uncle Tom" house slave? Do you think that's what the writers were going for? The kid has been brought up to believe slavery is ok--after all, he would think, he likes "Uncle Unas" and they give him nice clothes and everything...how could it be bad? As so many justified slavery before the Civil War.

Comment

What's the name of this race of Human's that were in this ep???

P.S. I like eps with the Unas, and with any other alien species that are unhuman. I think it just gives it more of a Sci-Fi look.

Comment

What's with Daniel's hair in this episode??? Looks a little Poindexter-ish to me.

Comment

I liked this episode for 2 reasons.
            1 was because of Chaka I like Chaka he's great
            2 because it proved that SG-1 can't win every time. With the Fact that Chaka and the other Unas went and started a Rebellion against their 'masters'
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I love episodes where not everything works out in the end. Because live doesn't turn out perfect so neither should a tv show. And so i lvoe all the eps like this where SG-1 tries to do something good and doesn't turn out right.

Comment

I was just about to say how much I disliked this episode, and while I still have to say that, some of your comments have redeemed the ep partially in my eyes. I didn't like this episode because it seemed pointless -- nothing was accomplished (towards the end of the sgc), it was a filler ep, and I found it unrealistic that Hammond would even permit such a mission.

I feel that the Unas are only being revisited because it gives Daniel something to get all emotional over. They don't move the series along and are, Imo, boring. surely after several thousand years of evolution, a sentient race would have taken some steps up the evolutionary ladder.
                Seriously. It's funny how Daniel claims to be all high and mighty when it comes to morals/ethics/diplomacy etc, but when something personal is at stake, he loses all his logical/reasoning abilities and becomes wildly emotional. More so than any of the others except perhaps Teal'c.

Going to that planet was a bad idea. They should have never interferred with the people of that planet. Yeah it sucks that the unas were enslaved, but they used to be the bad guys and guess what, having unas enslaved is better than having humans enslaved, like the fat guy said. I like Chaka, but his life simply wasn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman
                  I liked seeing Chaka again,and meeting other Unas also.I hope we'll see him again.Some people do not like Chaka but you can't always share the same oppinion,so please don't give me bad points because I'll like the episode Good points are always welcome I'm new so that's why
                  I love this epi and the first one too.
                  love Chaka and i really want to see more of him

Comment

This was good as most shows would have shown the team to have freed all the Unas. This left it with 2 Unas to accomplish the revolution.

Comment

Just rewatched this episode last night. Nice direction as usual from Martin Wood. I am a fan of the Unas episodes, especially 'The First Ones' and I wonder if we'll see them again in future seasons. Maybe not since the majority of people didn't seem to like 'Enemy Mine'.

One thing bugged me about this episode though and someone mentioned it above; what is up with Daniel's hair?!?
                      'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode but I do have a few negative things to say-sorry for any ranting- firstly- yeeeehaaaa, the entire set and cast could have come from the wild west I understand that for building sets to look different and alien costs money but john wayne would have felt at home there ,just like the episode red sky which was pilgrim father land. The wild west scene made me hope they weren't using this one as a moral story about how nasty slavery was in america.
                        Secondly- I like daniel as a character but his 'I want my chaka' stance was only missing the pout and stamping of feet to make it complete. I understood his characters viewpoint but he should have been aware that the rest of SG1 didn't have the same bond with chaka, and to risk their lives wasn't right.
                        Thirdly- when jack said he didn't want any human casualties why didn't they go back and get some zat guns so they could stun they're enemies instead of carrying P90s and a staff weapon.
                        To be fair chaka was the best bit about this episode it must have been confusing for him, the only humans he knows are good to him so to have a bunch of them torturing him must have been terrible. But he soon got over that and seems happy to stick with his new unas buddies. A good ending I thought!

Comment

Like Red sky TPTB wanted this episdoe to feel like we cant always win and they did that have Jack and Daniel captured, and at the end when Chaka killed they guy and then he and his friend went off to start a war...

Comment

Good episode..........yeah, it was preachy but it was entertaining and realistic that Chaka would kill that guy and they would start a rebellion

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode,The comedy aspect of the story was great.
                              The bit where Daniel and Jack are caged with unases,and the pass the walke talkie through the bars of the cells to each other

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode too. Some of the Unas eps have been hit or miss for me, but this was a good, solid episode with some great performances and I enjoyed the ambiguity of it, the ethical dilemma element.

The slaver-boy came in and castigated Daniel's ethics, and Daniel felt that he just had to take it - that was a nice twist on the perspective of SG-1 as the good guys.
                                I agree with this and I understand why Daniel wouldn't want to get into a serious ethical debate with a kid. But when the boy tells him that stealing other people's property is wrong I so want Daniel to point out that his father started it. <g> If this is such a moral no no in this society, why is the father not the bad guy for stealing Daniel's Unas, when it has clearly been established by Daniel - and by Chaka's response to Daniel - that Daniel is his 'owner'. It irks me a little that no one - Jack? - thinks to make this point. Especially when the holier-than-thou father gets all preachy about it. I want to say, "Hang on a minute, mate..."

But that's my only quibble with this one.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X