No announcement yet.

Beast of Burden (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I especially like Daniel's remark about not getting any birthday presents!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I really liked this episode, and I also like Chaka.

I loved how Teal'c went against orders, it made me chuckle.

Slavery is always wrong. Chaka saved his fellow prisoners--Unas and SG1, and he is ready to lead a rebellion against the slavers! Wahoo!

I rate this episode as good.

Comment

@Beth -- you passed me by in viewing. For the record...

And phew, I'm still on a high from our Devils winning their match today against Japan so hence why this review and everything else comes in a wee bit later. It was certainly an exciting night. Congrats are in order for Japan. They were brilliant and I'm sorry our boys found your goal 3 times still to send you on your way home again. You certainly would have deserved the win.

Anyhow... Beast of Burden

I'm still loving the relationship Daniel has build with Chaka and how he is learning their language. And Chaka learning the ways of humans, even though Daniel teaching him to trust them is his undoing when he trusts the wrong people.

Baruk -- remember the actor playing a similar role in Firefly.

A slave trader. The hatred for the beasts ruling them has come down the generations to the day that they need new stock because inbreeding has made them mad and untrainable. So, he wants to use Chaka as thorough bred and make new Unas which can be trained into obedience.

They treat them as animals, yet give them clothes to wear to give them that "human" feel.

Unfortunately, if Baruk and his men hadn't branded the staffweapons, I doubt they would have gone out of their way to help Chaka out, nor would they have sown the seeds for a rebellion, possibly even a new Beast War. The rebellion, I think, would have been inevitable. I think even without SG-1's help, Chaka would eventually have found a way to press through his freedom and a way to rescue his fellow Unas-friends.

Baruk, at the end, was a fitting end. He had it coming. If the places were reversed, he would not have hesitated to end Chaka's life or that of any other Unas. I'm sure Daniel had hoped his friend would have shown mercy but Baruk was beyond that.

How would you rate SG-1's "Beast of Burden?"

Excellent
        Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say that I thought the make-up for the Unas was absolutely fabulous. I loved how each Unas had a dinstinct look!

Comment

We can't expect everyone to go at our speed FH. Happens in almost rewatch ive done
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

3-episode quiz: Red Sky, Rite Of Passage & Beast Of Burden

Jigsaw puzzle: Beast of Burden

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              We can't expect everyone to go at our speed FH. Happens in almost rewatch ive done
              By my calculation, I'll be starting Stargate Universe about a year from now or so.

I ordered Ark of Truth and Continuum (in one box-set, for the same price as one digital download of Origins) on DVD yesterday so at least, I'm good until the end of SG-1. Then I still have to add season 4 and 5 of Atlantis, then Universe, and then download Infinity.

Comment

It will be a cold day in Netu before I watch Infinity.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

9:32

Comment

It will be a cold day in Netu before I watch Infinity.
                    LOL!!

I'm gonna, at least, give it a try... will see how it goes.

Comment

Probably my favorite Unas episode which isnt saying much as I tend to dislike Unas episodes. Probably the fascinating thing is the Wild West feel and how the different societies justify if the Unas are intelligent. The rest has been done but the Unas role and Daniel with Chaka is what made the episode a good. I got a 14/15. Will go back and do the puzzles tomorrow
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know if it was the weird puzzle shape or the fact that I am really tired from today or I just got beaten. My time is 10 minutes and 19 seconds
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know if it was the weird puzzle shape or the fact that I am really tired from today or I just got beaten. My time is 10 minutes and 19 seconds

My goodness, I had a better time than the estimable jelgate. Amazing!

Comment

He must definitely be coming down with something. Beth, did you virtually pass on that stomach bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

He must definitely be coming down with something. Beth, did you virtually pass on that stomach bug?
                              Probably--poor jelgate!

Comment

I clock in at exactly 8 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X