Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this idea. I'm a sci-fi writer that hasn't published anything (haha), and I constantly make languages for various races. I have an extensive understanding of Linguistics, and I wonder WHY the Ancient language hasn't really been created? I mean, if a guy can make one for AVATAR, than why can't our wonderful Canadian production team find a Stargate-fan linguist who'll do the same? I would love to make an Ancient language. I've already created about 15 entire languages, and I would love to work with an actual derivative of an Earth-based language. I would love to learn it if it is actually created, as well. Cause...a cypher isn't a language...hehe
    sigpic

Comment

First post. Better make it a good one. I've been watching stargate since the movie and nothing has intruiged me more than the Ancients. Especially their language. We already have a sort of "Alphabet" but the dialect has evolved quite a bit over the millions of years. I think most of what we have dialect wise is Lantean. And at the guy above. You should contact the studio and try to sort out a deal with them and write it yourself! Seems like there'd be plenty of folk on this forum to help you. As well as the original writers. It's a great money making opportunity. Especially with a new Atlantis film due.

Any idea of the dialect on Destiny. I swear that it has already stated that it's an insanely old dialect by Rush. I hope you guys can keep this up. has the work happiness/happy/luck/fortunate come up at all?? I've a friend called Felicia which if I remember is Latin for one of those. Cheers Guys. Hope I've not broken any forum rules or anything =)

Comment

don't forget that little bit of ancient in avalon pt1

Comment

Working...
        X