Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know You Are Addicted To Firefly When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Know You Are Addicted To Firefly When...

Hi all FF fans out there...care to share what you do now that you are all addicted to FF

I'll go first, you know you are addicted to FF when...you start calling everything Shiny! and even mentioning the word in random sentances
    sigpic

All today before and after me and my sister saw Serenity my sister kept on saying, 'Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. We were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.'

... And I kept on quoting:

'You want to take control of this ship?'

'Yes.'

'... Well... you can't.'

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
      Hi all FF fans out there...care to share what you do now that you are all addicted to FF

I'll go first, you know you are addicted to FF when...you start calling everything Shiny! and even mentioning the word in random sentances
      Interestingly enough, "shiny" became a rather popular phrase around my old college and, to my knowledge, it had nothing to do with Firefly. We ADD people started using it and it just kinda took off. When I first heard it on Firefly, I thought "Wow, it spread pretty far."

You know your addicted to Firefly whenever someone says something will be with you for life and you throw in "Yeah, cause it's a deathtrap."
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

lol!

that is cute!

i also have the marquee thing for my screensaver and it says "You can't take the sky from me."
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not addicted, I can stop any time I want, I just choose not to, it's my choice, it has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, the cast, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon.

Comment

Riiiiight...suuuure j/k

*stands up in front of FF aholics meeting*

"Hi, my name is PM and I am a FF addict"

sigpic

Comment

you know you are addicted to FF when... you say goodbye to friends with the line "Have good sex"

I did that once on the train and ended up getting some mighty strange looks...

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
              DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

rofl! i have to say that one, but i do quote from what i have seen in the serenity previews already randomly and i haven't even seen the movie yet, but hopefully soon

like this line
                Spoiler:
                said by Wash, "bow to god, we are all going to die" or something like that
                sigpic

Comment

You know you're addicted to Firefly when (and I apologise for ripping some of these off The Signal)...
                  *Everything you like is big and damned.
                  *Your new response to team-killing in video games is "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" (as opposed to "You team-killing f***tard!")
                  *You're Chinese teacher is amazed at your sudden prowess with the language - until you get mad at them.
                  *You know all the words to the 'Ballad of Jayne'..and the 'Ballad of Serenity'...and 'Mal's Song'...and the 'Ballad of Joss'...and 'Leaf on the Wind'...

Comment

...You're running late due to traffic so in the restaurant you tell your family to stop eating and box up the rest of their food so you can get them into the threater 45 minutes early to ensure a good seat for Serenity. And you're the mom.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

You travel over 500km to see Serenity, spend far too much money and yet "don't seem to be able to give a dam" because it's Serenity!

You cry when you read the line "I'm a leaf in the wind..." You can't help saying "I'm a leaf in the wind..." which then makes you cry.

You have a conversation with some very geeky guy you have never met before just because he loves Firefly. *no I did, waiting in line at the Cinema*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        You travel over 500km to see Serenity, spend far too much money and yet "don't seem to be able to give a dam" because it's Serenity!

You cry when you read the line "I'm a leaf in the wind..." You can't help saying "I'm a leaf in the wind..." which then makes you cry.

You have a conversation with some very geeky guy you have never met before just because he loves Firefly. *no I did, waiting in line at the Cinema*
                        Ahaha!

I travelled 80kms, had my sister pay too much, and had a conversation with some guy in the theater before and after the movie

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

...you travel an hour to see the movie because all the theatres in New Orleans are still closed from the storm.

...you see a girl in the lobby at the same time she sees you, you look at each other's brown leather jackets and say simultaneously "Browncoat!"

You know you're in a whole crowd of addicts when there's been a sound glitch and the end of the movie soundtrack (not the picture just the sound) is running when the screen has been opened for seating but nobody will go in for fear of spoilers. We all just stood around comparing favorite episodes till they fixed the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress

well, shiny, reckon I'm terminally addicted then

Anyhow, you know you're addicted when you walk for an hour on an alaskan October day to see it, then watch it twice in a row, and the only reason you don't watch it ios you're getting dizzy from hunger.
                            sigpic
                            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

You're racing through traffic to see the movie again the next day (with a new group) and passing traffic saying "I'm a leaf on the wind."

Then in the movie when that line comes up, your group all leans forward and looks at you.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                              X