Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a continuity error or is that an extra attachment?
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Boxofficemojo.com lists the film's budget at $39 million.

Comment

Originally posted by rosewood
        Boxofficemojo.com lists the film's budget at $39 million.
        Well, increase my kudos to Mr Whedon. What can one buy for 39 million? Probably a hotdog and not much loose change.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          Is that a continuity error or is that an extra attachment?
          Definately is a different weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_uk
            I didn't cry at Books death (but then I never really liked him on Firefly) but I was getting teary eye when Wash got stabbed and also when River was crying out about the people on the planet, and speaking all that chinese stuff.
            I saw Book's death coming as soon as it was clear he'd left the ship, but Wash was right out of left field and so sudden. I was almost as much in denial as Zoe, but it was just so clear that he was irretrievably dead and...Yeah, I got a little misty eyed.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I just saw Serenity tonight and it was amazing! I always liked Joss Whedon's stuff and this was no exception. I'll be seeing this one again. Now I'm just waiting for Underworld Evolution to come out
              Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Serenity is definatly a film that warrents multiple viewings. The first time I saw it, I was in shock for half the film. The second time, I was able to pick up the dialogue I missed the first time. The third time, I was able to appreciate all the nuances of detail. Its a great movie.

Comment

I've never watched any of the Firefly episdoes before, but I went to see Serenity yesterday, and yes, it was good!!! It might have been more enriching though if I had watched the series prior, so that I could have a feel of the characters. I guess I'll have to do a post-catchup by watching the DVDs that were released a few weeks ago of all 13 episodes and then watch Serenity again

Man that River can really kick some Reaper butt!
                  Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I saw it for the second time last night.

The Operative is a fantastic character. You really do get that sense of belief. I hope we don't see him again though, cos I really liked his last lines, where he said that Mal wouldn't.

The most powerful bit was surely the bit in the corridor, after Jayne had thrown his last grenade, and then after River had left. Everyone really looking like they were about to follow poor Wash, it was breaking my heart even though I knew they wouldn't.

Madeleine

Comment

Just FINALLY saw it tonight.
                      Wow.
                      SO AWESOME.
                      SO VERY AWESOME.

Comment

well i am FINALLY going to go see Serenity today woot!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          I saw Book's death coming as soon as it was clear he'd left the ship, but Wash was right out of left field and so sudden. I was almost as much in denial as Zoe, but it was just so clear that he was irretrievably dead and...Yeah, I got a little misty eyed.
                          That was a shock for me, too. It broke my heart. There was no reason for it - none at all. Him and Book as well. No reason at all. *sob
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

poor wash...i loved wash and i cried when he was killed (so suddenly to)
                            sigpic

Comment

I find it slightly humerous that so many people have noted their sorrow for the loss of Book & Wash, and yet nobody cares about Mr. Universe!

Maybe it was just me, but having the grave of Mr. Universe next to those of Book & Wash just didn't sit right with me...
                              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                              - Serenity

Comment

I felt so sad when Mr Universe died, although nothing took my heart more than Wash, Book I actually didn't seem comin' although, one thing I have to ask, WHY'D he leave the ship? Book I mean, I know their in the firefly comics but I don't know where to find them....

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X