Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think Book was anything like the Operative. He was something, yes, but he apparently left without burning any bridges. Shame we'll never know, since he's dead now. Either way, that doesn't say anything about what the Operative would do; moreover, changing his life wouldn't fit his last words. Suicide would, and it's entirely in character.

Comment

I just rewatched it again, and well...Whedon really does have himself a gem. The writing is fantastic, shame we didn't see more zoom shots, but we got them like I expected.

But I'm really in love with the soundtrack, especially Serenity.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Khaim
        I really don't think Book was anything like the Operative. He was something, yes, but he apparently left without burning any bridges. Shame we'll never know, since he's dead now. Either way, that doesn't say anything about what the Operative would do; moreover, changing his life wouldn't fit his last words. Suicide would, and it's entirely in character.
        It is... because in many ways he set up to be this Samuraiesque operator... but I'd rather think he's turned ronin instead.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          It is... because in many ways he set up to be this Samuraiesque operator... but I'd rather think he's turned ronin instead.
          In a way, that's a scary thought. After all, he's an unabashedly bad man and now he isn't even constrained by his ideology.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hello all, I am new here and have to say that Serenity ROCKS AND RULZ! I cannot wait to see the next one. I loved it when River kicked butt. That was just too fun to watch.

Comment

I'm catching Firefly in re-runs on the Sci-Fi Channel, and I have to say, the more I watch the show, the less I like the movie. It took a while for the show to grow on me, but I do realize now that it's a pretty good show, with an interesting universe and well-realized characters. The movie pretty much ended the story, killing off a few good people and revealing some of the big mysteries that drove the plot. And worse, ended the story on a bit of a downer. I think I'm going to pretend the movie doesn't exist, and that Wash is still flying Serenity somewhere out there in the black.

Mind you, the movie did have tiny little Summer Glau kicking huge amounts of ass, which was cool and oddly sexy...
              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
              What have these years left to me?
              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I think that it's impossible for a crew like that to always remain intact if they're always in dangerous situations. The death of Wash and Book made it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                  Mind you, the movie did have tiny little Summer Glau kicking huge amounts of ass, which was cool and oddly sexy...
                  Glad i'm not the only who thought this...

Anyway, all in all, I quite loved the movie, i'd call it a classic, but I don't think enough people saw it...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Got No. 38 in the ABC's 'My Favourite Film' list last night. The power of the Browncoats.

Comment

So I'm the only one that disliked this movie then?

Someone mentioned Zoe in a dress. Which one was Zoe again?

Comment

Nathan, have you seen Firefly?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                          Got No. 38 in the ABC's 'My Favourite Film' list last night. The power of the Browncoats.
                          Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Really? Dang, I musta missed it...Oh well, hurrah!

And nathanus, I believe you may be...and Zoe was the woman with long black hair, the one who was sliced in the back and used the shotgun(s) mainly, she was also Wash' wife (Wash is the pilot who...*cringe* was killed by the harpoon)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                              Really? Dang, I musta missed it...Oh well, hurrah!
                              I didn't see the thing on the ABC so I don't know if they showed any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                                Nathan, have you seen Firefly?
                                Firefly is Serentiy yes? I've seen the Serenity movie. Is that not what this thread is about?
                                Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                                And nathanus, I believe you may be...and Zoe was the woman with long black hair, the one who was sliced in the back and used the shotgun(s) mainly, she was also Wash' wife (Wash is the pilot who...*cringe* was killed by the harpoon)
                                Ah okay, yeah her.

Comment

Working...
                                X